Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    Iirc Blizzard already took a lot of flak for the original incident, so ok, they removed the reference, what really puzzles me is why they didn't remove it immediately.
    There was an entire clusterfuck surrounding it, especially considering that they aired the video only shortly after a fan asked about potential future queer content (and got a hard "maybe" for an answer; and a hell of a lot of backlash against the fan resulted). As I recall: a certain percentage of the fanbase were gloating over the perceived rebuke of the fan, even as others were trying to spin negative reactions to the video as being about the faction snark (as opposed to the slurs and suicide-baiting).

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    You mean the video where he says that Alliance players are "faggots" and "homos" and should kill themselves?
    Or, as I put it: he suicide-baited; and he equated being gay, especially as a WoW player, with getting on your level-capped gnome rogue and ganking questers in Nagrand.

Damn, either your bar for a "good human being" is very, very low or you are just arguing in bad faith to dunk on those boogeyman sjws.
    The latter of which is very much in keeping with the fanbase's reaction at the time.
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2021-10-18 at 05:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats done is done so I'm not upset corpsegrinder reference is gone.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I mean I don't care, there should be no references to real life human beings in WoW anymore as it is not worth the risk.

I am more worried about sterilization of the narrative of the game and the narrative team morphing the core of the franchise to something that it is not while continuing to only increase representation and inclusive storylines that are just tokenism rather than actually fully exploring such representation in a positive manner.

World of Warcraft's core being a negative and not utilizing it to tell progressive and inclusive stories instead of deciding that the core of the narrative should be erased and only option for that is to do a Infinity War storyline reset or continue outwards into more space-based storylines that take us far away from the stories on Azeroth due to it being too insensitive. It's definitely weird since the Warcraft Universe has multitudes of storylines where racism has showcased to lead to either personal damnation or annhiliation of the entirety of the planet.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2021-10-18 at 05:43 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

It's funny that these threads were usually about hints, speculation, and leaks, now it's about controversies, changes, and drama.

So sad, and there's nothing else to discuss since the patch is all about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    It's funny that these threads were usually about hints, speculation, and leaks, now it's about controversies, changes, and drama.

These threads have always been about whatever stuff fills the time when noone has anything more interesting to discuss. The fact that this is inarguably changes on the PTR does mean that it is a relevant topic to some extent, it's jsut difficult to figure out where the line goes from discussing stuff like what Eredath would be named after McCree was removed, to players angry that a person who went on stage and cursed out the audience is no longer being honored in the game.

You are free to try and get the discussion back on track, god knows I have tried several times. But the discussion always seems to grow ugly somewhere along the line.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account

People always talked here about what's on their mind regarding state of the game, can't change that.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

1+ Year Old Account
    Also again, we're kinda stuck waiting for the next hint that we're closing in on 9.1.5 being released (Mage Tower on PTR), so the final waiting period for "9.2 and the end of Shadowlands is revealed for us" livestream later this year can start.

There's just not much. I worry we might actually end up without any 9.2 news until over the holidays and I really hope that is not the case. I really do not believe in this theory though, Blizzard PR must realize they need to excite the retail players in some capacity over the holidays. I'd be flabbergasted if they just stayed silent until January.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Also again, we're kinda stuck waiting for the next hint that we're closing in on 9.1.5 being released (Mage Tower on PTR), so the final waiting period for "9.2 and the end of Shadowlands is revealed for us" livestream later this year can start.

There's just not much. I worry we might actually end up without any 9.2 news until over the holidays and I really hope that is not the case. I really do not believe in this theory though, Blizzard PR must realize they need to excite the retail players in some capacity over the holidays. I'd be flabbergasted if they just stayed silent until January.
    Bad Case Scenarios:

-9.2 development is so lagging Blizzard has nothing to show/to talk about
    -9.3 will happen and Shadowlands will be a 3 year expac

I don't know which would be worse...

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

It's even more depressing. If things in the world and within Blizzard would be normal, we would be less than 2 weeks before Blizzcon with expansion reveal. And this thread would move 20 pages a day.

But likely next month will be much better. Not really because 9.1.5 (although it will be neat), but possible 9.2 info/PTR and Blizzcon date (unless it's far later than we expect) which will be also 10.0 reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    9.2 development is so lagging Blizzard has nothing to show/to talk about
    Kinda pointless to speculate since first they have to release 9.1.5. If Blizzard has nothing to show about 9.2, they wouldn't tell us now. If 9.2 will be ready for PTR right after 9.1.5, they wouldn't tell us now.

Of course 9.2 will be delayed anyway, since 9.1.5 must be released, 9.2 must go through whole PTR cycle (~10-11 weeks) and we have also Christmas break. So late February is earliest prediction, and that will be delay even relative to 9.1. But we still have no idea how long will be delay.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-10-18 at 06:16 PM.

It's just damn monday. Is the life of some people so boring the jump in with every weekday from now on worrying and being scared? Chill out dudes.. what the f*ck.

1+ Year Old Account
    The only silver lining is that it is very likely that Season of Mastery is happening within the next two months and it could be part of a push by Blizzard which will mean there will be a big Media presence the next two months. But, who the hell knows. Maybe SoM testing will be throughout the entire holiday. It is hard to tell.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    It's even more depressing. If things in the world and within Blizzard would be normal, we would be less than 2 weeks before Blizzcon with expansion reveal. And this thread would move 20 pages a day.
    Please, don't remind me of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    But likely next month will be much better. Not really because 9.1.5 (although it will be neat), but possible 9.2 info/PTR and Blizzcon date (unless it's far later than we expect) which will be also 10.0 reveal.
    Yeah, that's for sure, but what I miss the most is the leaks, even the fake ones that had some effort put into it hahaha. I love to read people's ideas. I still remember seeing a leak mentioning Warfronts here months before BFA was announced, and while most of the expansion concept was fake, the Warfront part was very close to what we got.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    It's just damn monday. Is the life of some people so boring the jump in with every weekday from now on worrying and being scared? Chill out dudes.. what the f*ck.
    My job sometimes is boring. I'm typing from work. If I was at home, I would be playing something.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man we really need the mods to let us spin off a new thread for people to complain about censorship in.

- - - Updated - - -

The only silver lining is that it is very likely that Season of Mastery is happening within the next two months and it could be part of a push by Blizzard which will mean there will be a big Media presence the next two months. But, who the hell knows. Maybe SoM testing will be throughout the entire holiday. It is hard to tell.
    Are they even actively testing it? They might just shove it out the door in February with no warning.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

1+ Year Old Account
    Blizzcon Online is confirmed for February-April period with "Early" next year from:

https://blizzcon.com/en-us/news/23655116

Also there's further confirmation that an Blizz event will happen next year due to a new Murloc item being put on 9.1.5 PTR:

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

Are they even actively testing it? They might just shove it out the door in February with no warning.
    Yes, they are actively testing it. They've increased level cap once already to 45 and are improving speeding up the level process by making the buff 40% instead of 20%. This recent build added potential hints of Hardcore Mode/Increased XP from Elite and Dungeon Quests via a XP item that gives raw XP and fixing Mage boosting completely.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2021-10-18 at 06:39 PM.

Nihil.

Also there's further confirmation that an Blizz event will happen next year due to a new Murloc item being put on 9.1.5 PTR
    This is really good information since it gives us some kind of timeframe for 9.2 when they announce Blizzconline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzcon Online is confirmed for February-April period with "Early" next year from:

https://blizzcon.com/en-us/news/23655116

Also there's further confirmation that an Blizz event will happen next year due to a new Murloc item being put on 9.1.5 PTR:

Yes, they are actively testing it. They've increased level cap once already to 45 and are improving speeding up the level process by making the buff 40% instead of 20%. This recent build added potential hints of Hardcore Mode/Increased XP from Elite and Dungeon Quests via a XP item that gives raw XP and fixing Mage boosting completely.
    Quick everyone let's start speculating what Baby Murloc Backpack means.

7+ Year Old Account
    Probably the next charity item.

Formerly known as Arafal

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The Sylvanas novel is about Sylvanas' working with the Jailer and her "fealty", the end of 9.1 is Sylvanas breaking free from the Jailer. So for sure these two things are related as 9.2 (and/or the novel) will continue the story between Sylvanas and the Jailer. If they wouldn't be related there was no need to postpone the launch of the novel until next year, suspiciously exactly around the time we would expect 9.2 to go live.
    What is weird and you should probabaly not thinking about this.. but does it ever cross your mind that Sylvanas has been defeated some time ago now.. and still sitting there at that bossroom with her now blue eyes waiting before the story moves on. No hint, no continuation.. just nothing.
    How are we suppose to care still? by the time we hear from her next, people have gotten kids or dinged 6 alts. The storytelling is soo damn sparse its hard to keep interrest.

- - - Updated - - -

People are generally more interested in what costume pepe gets then anything else... it's weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I remember the days when people were always looking too deep into Blizzcon items.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    What is weird and you should probabaly not thinking about this.. but does it ever cross your mind that Sylvanas has been defeated some time ago now.. and still sitting there at that bossroom with her now blue eyes waiting before the story moves on. No hint, no continuation.. just nothing.
    How are we suppose to care still? by the time we hear from her next, people have gotten kids or dinged 6 alts. The storytelling is soo damn sparse its hard to keep interrest.

- - - Updated - - -

People are generally more interested in what costume pepe gets then anything else... it's weird.
    It's an unavoidable problem for an MMO that the content will inevitably have to coast for months at a time without continuation, even when it logically should be of paramount importance that something is happening.

Why Blizzard didn't simply have a quest where we see Sylvanas chained up in Oribos in a coma or something is beyond me though. I guess Blizzard didn't want to suspend disbelief that she isn't talking despite that literally being the first thing she tried doing before collapsing.
    The world revamp dream will never die!