Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Sigh...I just want the only good Batman...Say it with me Christian Bale

A Twilight and harry potter actor? Im sorry but...
    Remember when they wanted to cast the dude who played Betelgeuse as Batman?

Looks great. A little too much Catwoman, maybe.

I was against Robert Pattinson for Batman, I didn't see the fit at all.
    But after the film Tenet, I can go to the movie with an open mind and I can "see" him as Batman, my gripe now is, from what we see in the trailer he doesn't fit, for me, in the Bruce Wayne persona. I'll give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    People said the same shit about Heath Ledger as Joker, being a fan of the Nolan Batman you should know better to make this commentt.
    I admit...that was me. And I was so wrong..

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    I never really take much stock in who is playing Batman (except Michael Keaton and George Clooney's nips), to me the best version of Bruce Wayne has always been in the animated series from the 90's. mostly because Bruce came off as a real human being, which really can't be said for ANY of the movie versions.
    okay I thought about it and I take that back. the Lego batman movie is easily one of the better takes on Bruce because the focus of that is on Bruce's trauma and hesitation to create relationships out of fear of losing any more loved one's, to the point where he's lonely and kind of miserable. so, funny how the kid's versions of batman always seem to the the ones that push that angle to his character the best?

Thank god I quit watching super hero movies 10 years ago

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    People really cant get over the fact that Pattinson was in twilight like he was the reason the movies were awful. Those movies sucked because the author of the books sucks, the producers suck, and the director sucks. Pattinson, in time, will come to be considered a great actor. Just because its cool to hate twilight doesn't give you an excuse to write off any movie the mans in. In fact, it's kind of suspect that so many of you manly men are so obsessed with twilight.

Rob is a good actor. Same with Kristen Stewart. Everyone thinks they suck ‘cause of Twilight.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Yikes, this looks tedious. Do we really need yet another version of the Batman? What's the deal here? Oh no he is vengeance, gosh, that comes as a shocker. Next you'll tell me fear is a theme, too... Oh wait, it is? GEEZ, that's original. I sure hope they show us the backstory of how he became Batman, I think I've forgotten the last fifty times.

I mean, I know that superheroes tend to be about their gimmick persona but dear gods can we not have something original involved in Batman FOR ONCE. And if we can't, why do they keep rebooting it over and over and over?
    Money!!!!!

I'm looking forward to this one and will be perfectly fine afterwards if it turns out to suck. The relatively recent trend of reboots deserves a bit of mockery, but at least for Batman this has been a long running thing. Every decade or so we get a new Batman or two. That's fine, whatever.

I really do hope they completely skip over any sort of alleyway flashbacks, though. The MCU got that right with the current Spider-Man. We don't need to see Thomas and Martha Wayne killed again.

Pattison is the fucking man. You only have to watch the Lighthouse to see how great of an actor he is.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Rob is a good actor. Same with Kristen Stewart. Everyone thinks they suck ‘cause of Twilight.
    To be fair, you can think he's a good actor and still think he's not a great fit for batman. Personally, I'm in that camp still but I'll likely see the movie anyways because it looks good despite that but yea
    Last edited by bmjclark; 2021-10-18 at 06:21 PM.

That trailer was so cinematic. DP and AD did a phenomenal job from the looks of it. The film looks gorgeous based on the trailer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Something i forgot to mention, something i appreciate is how the movie seems to be a bit more focused on the detective/investigation more than the other, it definitly have those "black noir" ifeeling i think its the right name.

Plus, not bringing the joker again or anything too much related to nolan, this being all about The riddler and his plan

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    To be fair, you can think he's a good actor and still think he's not a great fit for batman. Personally, I'm in that camp still but I'll likely see the movie anyways because it looks good despite that but yea
    I think people were responding to the person shitting on him because he was in Twilight and Harry Potter.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Once again, I'll remind everyone that, in the last 30+ years, every actor that has been cast as Batman has had people say "he's not a great fit for Batman".

I'll provide some snippets:

Keaton:

“If you saw him in an alley wearing a bat suit, you would laugh, not run in fear. Batman should be 6-2, 235 pounds, your classically handsome guy with an imposing, scary image.”
    “Yeah, but he’s a comedian. I mean, what’s the poster going to say? That Mr. Mom is Batman?” I said that he’s my height, he doesn’t have the muscles; for god’s sake, he doesn’t have the square jaw of Batman.”
    Affleck:

"In the Affleck version, Batman's parents kill themselves."
    "Ben Affleck officially cast as Batman in the Man of Steel sequel. For the first time in history, I kind of want Superman to win."

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    To be fair, Kristen wasn't a good actor in Twilight. She's since become a good actor, though.

I think Rob Pattinson was probably always a good actor, but with Twilight being his first major role no one could really tell. It's like judging Hayden Christensen on the Anakin Skywalker that Lucas wrote for him in the prequels.

Everyone just talking about the actor.

What about the director? Seeing as its a movie and that is far more important to how the overall experience goes.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Everyone just talking about the actor.

What about the director? Seeing as its a movie and that is far more important to how the overall experience goes.
    /shrug

Those Planet of the Apes movies he directed were well received. And I seem to remember Cloverfield being pretty good. It's not like his filmography is huge, or contains some notorious blunder...so there's not really much to talk about when it comes to him specifically.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Sigh...I just want the only good Batman...Say it with me Christian Bale

A Twilight and harry potter actor? Im sorry but...
    No.. Michael Keaton!

Bale wasn't even 2nd best. I'll give you he can growl. But Batman is more than Growling.

On topic - I am looking forward to this Batman. Early Reviews are saying the movie stays 'dark' and is very 'film noir' - which sounds awesome to me for Batman. Also that it is a 'true detective story'. So yes - looking forward to this so far!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Michael Keaton was the best Bruce Wayne.

And here is a hot take that im sure will upset some of you, Heath Ledgers performance of Joker is only held so high because he killed himself shortly thereafter. It was ok, but nowhere near as great as people make it out to be.
    *raises silent hand of agreement but learned long ago that yea - most don't agree*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    People have complained about every single actor announced as Batman since Michael Keaton. It's a tradition at this point.
    YUP! They complained about Keaton at the time too. A "comedic actor" trying to take on Batman - the early 90s outcry!! I remember! =D

I bet if we go back enough - they probably complained about Adam West too when they launched the tv show. =D.

Humans are silly like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Seriously, I borderline can't watch the Bale trilogy because every time he does his Batman voice, it's so forced and silly I end up giggling. I can't take him seriously. It's exactly the voice you'd make if you were mocking some overly gruff guy. Bale's just . . . present. I don't see that he really brought anything to the table; he was a void for the villains to play against. That's why everyone raves about Ledger's Joker, and why Hardy's Bane was so talked-about. But even Hardy's Bane voice is less goddamn silly than Bale's Batman growl.

The Bale trilogy are okay films. They stood out among at-the-time generally-terrible comic book films, but not really from action films in general. Nolan is only an okay director. That's my hot take for the day. I simply do not get the fanboyism. He's okay. He's not Michael-Bay bad, but if you put him up against someone like, say, Alex Garland (about as close in style and material as I think I can get), I'm all-in for Garland and it isn't even a close contest.
    I actually love 90% of all the other Nolan movies - but I really don't care for his Batman Trilogy. Which surprised me as, up until the Batman Trilogy, I greatly adored everything Nolan had done until then.

Batman Trilogy love I've never understood though. I mean enjoyable, good movies, yes - but not all the rest of the fanboy praise for these movies. Especially as they decline in quality from first to third (not unusual) - but I never felt the first one was as "great" a movie as most seem to find it. And that most of that 'greatness' relied on Ledger's Joker and that's it.

So far no director has matched the tone and gothic feel of the Tim Burton Batman movies - and all the movies have been less for it. To me, Tim Burton remains the undisputed 'best' Batman director/movies. (Not saying his was perfection, none of them are.)
    Last edited by Koriani; 2021-10-19 at 06:33 PM.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

5+ Year Old Account
    recent trailer