Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    The part where he caught a bullet was kinda dumb when they just shot several shots at him but otherwise looks kinda cool.
    I bet that's just a weird edit they did for the trailer. Actual scene is probably kills the one dude, someone accidentally fires a single shot that he catches, THEN everyone starts unloading on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Technically, they are going with Black Adam being an Anti-Hero.
    Fine.

Dwayne Johnson as superhero. I'm in.

Funny, I'm more excited about Pierce Brosnan playing Dr. Fate than I am The Rock as Black Adam. Mostly because I know what to expect from Black Adam and The Rock performing as him, but Dr. Fate is a much more interesting, and layered character, I'm wondering how well Bosnan will do in the role and how well they even wrote him in the movie. Are they going to delve head first into the mystical realm like MCU did with Strange, or just have Fate there as CGI eye candy, casting some spells and incantations when it's convenient for the plot ala Zatanna?

Yea... Brosnan as Dr Fate...that's what I'm looking for.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    The part where he caught a bullet was kinda dumb when they just shot several shots at him but otherwise looks kinda cool.
    rly? i though it was neat, showed his resilience AND his super speed

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Fine.

Dwayne Johnson as superhero. I'm in.
    Again, Anti-hero. :P

Again, Anti-hero. :P
    Hehe, sorry!

Anti-hero makes sense in a movie. For the broader audience being bad but in a "good" way, or vica versa is more likely to sit better with people compared to the main character being strictly a villain, with PURE EVILNESS! :P

Like Venom, which could be seen as strictly a villain is made in a way that the audience is cheering for him, even though his nature is vicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Hehe, sorry!

Anti-hero makes sense in a movie. For the broader audience being bad but in a "good" way, or vica versa is more likely to sit better with people compared to the main character being strictly a villain, with PURE EVILNESS! :P

Like Venom, which could be seen as strictly a villain is made in a way that the audience is cheering for him, even though his nature is vicious.
    Generally, Anti-Hero is like "Well, he's not really a good guy...but this other dude is like way worse."

So I expect whoever the actual "Villain" of the movie is...he's gonna like eat a kitten on screen or something.

Generally, Anti-Hero is like "Well, he's not really a good guy...but this other dude is like way worse."

So I expect whoever the actual "Villain" of the movie is...he's gonna like eat a kitten on screen or something.

The ultimate evil

Technically, they are going with Black Adam being an Anti-Hero.
    Of course. The rock has it in his contract hes only allowed to play one dimensional characters. Hes also not allowed to lose a fight on screen.

Sounds so interesting! cant wait.

Heh, only watched Shazam! recently, and not soon after this got revealed.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, that explains Dr No and Dr Evil, the cats were just emergency food.

5+ Year Old Account
    Unreleased Black Adam trailer sees Hawkman confront Dwayne Johnson's murderous superhero.

https://www.gamesradar.com/black-ada...c-warner-bros/
    By Amy West published - 3 days ago

CinemaCon attendees were gifted new looks at a whole host of upcoming DC movies, including Shazam! Fury of the Gods and Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom. They were also given a glimpse at Black Adam's first look trailer, as Dwayne Johnson descended upon the Las Vegas event to introduce the sizzle reel.

Per Comic Book, the teaser opens with a shot of a frozen tundra, as futuristic-looking ships dart across the sky above. It then cuts to Black Adam (Johnson) in a water tube, before he can be heard saying: "I was a slave when I died. When I was a reborn, I was a god."

Pierce Brosnan's Doctor Fate appears and tells Adam that his powers have never brought about anything but destruction, opening a portal much like Marvel's Doctor Strange. In a flashback, Adam's past self is then seen being thrown into a pit, before it cuts back to modern day and he awakens in a tomb, zapping the black ops team surrounding him with electricity. During his rampage, Adam strikes down helicopters and grabs a rocket mid-flight, hurling it back towards his enemies.

After action shots of the Justice Society of America play out, Aldis Hodge's Hawkman approaches Black Adam and says: "There are heroes and villains. Heroes don't kill people."

"Well, I do," Black Adam replies smugly.

Speaking on stage, Johnson said: "It really served us well to wait and hold and watch these other stories and these other superheroes unfold and have that really inform us moving forward how we were going to create Black Adam and the story that we were going to tell. So this truly is a dream of mine. It has been a dream of mine... It's one of the things in my life that gets me out of bed, it stokes that flame in that passion. It makes me a burner. And I know there's a lot of burners in this room here."

"We have been talking that Black Adam, the hierarchy of power in the DC universe is about to change. That's not far off, and that's not hyperbole," he continued. "You know, when you see the movie and you see the character, you'll understand what I mean.

"[Director] Jaume Collet-Serra, when I met with him probably about four or five years ago. He said 'Who is your favorite actor of all time?' I said 'Clint Eastwood 'and he goes, 'I'm glad you said that because I see Black Adam as being the Dirty Harry of the superhero world.' And that was in many ways our North Star."

5+ Year Old Account
    Trailer today

new poster, dunno kinda confusing if you don't know shazam suit thingy backstory, why is this guy wearing a smoking suit?

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Trailer today

new poster, dunno kinda confusing if you don't know shazam suit thingy backstory, why is this guy wearing a smoking suit?
    Not sure if it's smoking, Black Adam wears a black suit because he's the wizard's first champion, gone bad, obviously. He's been a villain and anti-hero. I think they just wanted to add some texture and grit to the costume versus just making it a black version of Billy Batson's. Looking forward to the trailer, most of all because of the JSA though, Pierce Brosnan as Dr. Fate was genius casting.

I have to wonder if they aren't leaning a bit on the god of thunder shtick.

Trailer . A lot more DC heroes in there than I expected there to be

"The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

It was reassuring that Johnson argued for an "R" rating. He didn't want the violence toned down. However it's pg-13.

Dr Fate better not be unmasked the whole movie.. If he and Nabu get along I'm not going to enjoy the film.
    f signatures

Quote Originally Posted by escalprillo View Post
    Dr Fate better not be unmasked the whole movie.. If he and Nabu get along I'm not going to enjoy the film.
    Well the movie is called "Black Adam."
    Although I certainly would like to see Brosnan's Dr Fate in a stand-alone movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Well the movie is called "Black Adam."
    Although I certainly would like to see Brosnan's Dr Fate in a stand-alone movie.
    I would accept him being without the helmet on a Stand-alone movie yeah, but in this one... why?
    f signatures