Obscure problem with alter time.

I'm trying to use it in Remnant to be knocked back first during a mass dispel by standing in front of the other guy and sometimes it appears that the 2nd cast of it is happening on its own (!) as if mass dispel did it but it shouldn't and it's not because its buf run out (in effect it leaves you in the puddle instantenuously and you're not knocked-back or anything; you're just standing there in the puddle getting damage; it's not entirely bad but I wonder why it would behave like that). Anyone know what might be causing that?

- - - Updated - - -

After further investigation it appears that alter time may be unrelated. The debuf may just not knock you back at all sometimes (because alter time's buf stays up). Not even the discord appears to have ideas so let us know if someone knows why other than just being a boss bug.
    Last edited by epigramx; 2021-10-13 at 05:39 AM.

there is a small lip around the outside of the platform that can sometimes(super inconsistently) catch your knock back if you are right at its base. If you make sure you are on top of it or infront of it atleast a yard you should see the issue stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    there is a small lip around the outside of the platform that can sometimes(super inconsistently) catch your knock back if you are right at its base. If you make sure you are on top of it or infront of it atleast a yard you should see the issue stop.
    That could be it, but are you sure it's not a coincidence and it would happen elsewhere too?

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    That could be it, but are you sure it's not a coincidence and it would happen elsewhere too?
    All I can point to is the 2 guilds I progged through the fight with. Both guilds had players claim to not move after the dispels would happen(only sometimes but would always be the outside dispel). After some experimentation we adjusted people's footing away from that lip so if you were a yrd further from it and you would clear over it or be on top of it and already past where it would stop your movement. The issue stopped and I relayed it to my 2nd guild once we got to the fight and 1 or 2 people had it happen. To my knowledge no players have had the issue since.

This sort of thing isn't new to players who have played classes like monk or dh with ground based "dashes", the tiniest of little lips can catch the movement and stop you dead.

All I can point to is the 2 guilds I progged through the fight with. Both guilds had players claim to not move after the dispels would happen(only sometimes but would always be the outside dispel). After some experimentation we adjusted people's footing away from that lip so if you were a yrd further from it and you would clear over it or be on top of it and already past where it would stop your movement. The issue stopped and I relayed it to my 2nd guild once we got to the fight and 1 or 2 people had it happen. To my knowledge no players have had the issue since.

This sort of thing isn't new to players who have played classes like monk or dh with ground based "dashes", the tiniest of little lips can catch the movement and stop you dead.
    Yeah it made sense from the start; just wanted to confirm it further. It made sense because "bounding box" mechanics can easily fail in games that don't have extremely robust mechanics about them when it gets to obscure spots like those (it's not as flat as the rest of that platform).

By the way I find it a bit funny that you found it a problem; I prefer if I get stuck there; then again I main a mage and I can blink out.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    By the way I find it a bit funny that you found it a problem; I prefer if I get stuck there; then again I main a mage and I can blink out.
    Early tier we had quite a bit less hp and not getting knocked out of the pool+the dmg from the dispel it self would kill people really quick. Just because you referenced mages, our mages were told to alter time to the side then run into position so when they took alter back on the platform it wouldn't drop them in the pool.

Early tier we had quite a bit less hp and not getting knocked out of the pool+the dmg from the dispel it self would kill people really quick. Just because you referenced mages, our mages were told to alter time to the side then run into position so when they took alter back on the platform it wouldn't drop them in the pool.
    It's still a bit dangerous to be honest. 2 ticks can kill you if you're not maxed (and if some of us still progress in it: we won't have the best gear anyway).
    Good idea about the side.