Limit on how much i can copy?

For some reason, as of lately, while using a mobile phone, i can only copy a certain amount of words to be pasted. Why is that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    For some reason, as of lately, while using a mobile phone, i can only copy a certain amount of words to be pasted. Why is that?
    Sounds like an issue on your end? I've not experienced it on my own, though, I do not know how much you've tried to copy.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Sounds like an issue on your end? I've not experienced it on my own, though, I do not know how much you've tried to copy.
    It just stops mid-copying when i reach a certain amount of paragraphs or something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It just stops mid-copying when i reach a certain amount of paragraphs or something like that.
    There shouldn't be a character limit on posts here which is the only other limit for how much you can copy/paste, which means it's probably something on your end

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    There shouldn't be a character limit on posts here which is the only other limit for how much you can copy/paste, which means it's probably something on your end
    Why would it suddenly happen?

We haven't made any changes to the site, so it's likely something on your end.

Why would it suddenly happen?
    recent software update on phone? not enough free memory in phone for clipboard? 729th strangest hackers ever?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried turning your device off and then on again?

I know I know lol, but that usually does it for mot phone issues.

...well I just tested it on my phone (Samsung S21) went to a thread and tried to copy as much as I could and I was only allowed to do half the page.

To further test I went to a large text document in my history...for this I had a gamefaq guide for Lunar 2 and I was only allowed to get halfway through the table of contents

So yes (at least Android phones) have a limit on how much you can copy at one time it's not the site

I can however select all and copy the entire thing...not sure why it's like that but it's definitely a phone thing

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ...well I just tested it on my phone (Samsung S21) went to a thread and tried to copy as much as I could and I was only allowed to do half the page.

To further test I went to a large text document in my history...for this I had a gamefaq guide for Lunar 2 and I was only allowed to get halfway through the table of contents

So yes (at least Android phones) have a limit on how much you can copy at one time it's not the site

I can however select all and copy the entire thing...not sure why it's like that but it's definitely a phone thing
    But, it wasn't like this. Why now all of the sudden?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Usually it’s due to a change in the OS or its settings. You only have so much space allocated for the clipboard. That was reduced at some point.
    Bummer.
    Anything that can be done?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Don’t copy entire novels in one go.
    I'm only copying conversations in case the page refreshes itself or i'm not logged in.