Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    So she makes a choice that defines her for 5 minutes until she changes her mind again after Sanctum of Domination? Uhm... I don't know.
    I don't doubt there'll be other revelations, but the whole book is about her recounting to Anduin her story in an attempt to make him join them.

The choice is forcing it upon Anduin.

So she makes a choice that defines her for 5 minutes until she changes her mind again after Sanctum of Domination? Uhm... I don't know.

And it says: But as her moment of victory draws near... - does that really apply to everything before the finale of SoD?
    yes the book will only be about 9.0

And it says: But as her moment of victory draws near... - does that really apply to everything before the finale of SoD?
    Yes, it does. You're just taking snippets from the summary. Read the whole thing, the context is quite clear:

Ranger-General. Banshee Queen. Warchief. Sylvanas Windrunner has borne many titles. To some, she is a hero . . . to others, a villain. But whether in pursuit of justice, vengeance, or something more, Sylvanas has always sought to control her own destiny.

The power to achieve her goals has never been closer, as Sylvanas works alongside the Jailer to liberate all Azeroth from the prison of fate. Her final task? Secure the fealty of their prisoner—King Anduin Wrynn.

To succeed, Sylvanas will be forced to reflect on the harrowing path that brought her to the Jailer’s side, and reveal her truest self to her greatest rival. Here, Sylvanas’ complete story is laid bare: from the breaking of the Windrunner family and her rise to Ranger-General; to her own death at the hands of Arthas and her renewed purpose in founding the Forsaken; to the moment she first beheld the Maw, and understood the true consequences of what lay beyond the veil of death. But as her moment of victory draws near, Sylvanas Windrunner will make a choice that may ultimately come to define her. A choice that’s hers alone to make.
    Notice the parts I've bolded. This book is about her final task, getting Anduin to join them. Success, or victory, is him joining them. The moment of victory is in relation to her final task, making him join them.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Considering Sylvanas dominating Anduin is unlikely with the current Development objections to domination. I would assume they made a deal and I don't feel the books synopsis refer to the Anduin/Sylvanas situation and it refers to something else.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2021-10-19 at 04:50 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Considering Sylvans dominating Anduin is unlikely with the current Development objections to domination. I would assume they made a deal and I don't feel the books synopsis refer to the Anduin/Sylvanas situation and it refers to something else.
    I never thought about this, but the entire domination magic aspect of Shadowlands and Sylvanas forcing her will upon Anduin is very anti-agenda of what Blizzard is doing for weeks now, lol, getting rid of anything in that regard.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Comparing netflix to a MMO, thats a new one.
    I mean it's an example. The point is that we are in the Content Age. All that matters is stuff for people to consume. Pick whatever example you want.

They have to produce stuff faster - much faster. Or figure out ways to reuse old content like Timewalking to stretch things out. The alternative is that the game is going to wither away even faster than it already is.

- - - Updated - - -

I‘d say it’s really a mix of both. BfA had supposedly lots of content yet people didn’t like it either.

If they can find the harmony between mechanics / features and content again, I’d be happy. But with how detached they’ve been from the playerbase during Shadowlands beta and pre 9.1.5… I wouldn’t hold my breath.
    BFA still had incredibly long tiers. It didn't have anywhere near the content that Legion had.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

10+ Year Old Account
    They have to produce stuff faster - much faster. Or figure out ways to reuse old content like Timewalking to stretch things out. The alternative is that the game is going to wither away even faster than it already is.

Not really true. The only reason thare are bigger waits is Pandemic+Work from Home situation that most companies are in. This thing to get content out much faster in this "Content age" as you put it seems projection.

BFA still had incredibly long tiers. It didn't have anywhere near the content that Legion had.

The tiers lasted longer because 1 Blizzard didn't want to do a Nighthold situation where the tier was too short and second last tier always lasted longer then all the others.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

News tonight? Yes, no, maybe?

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Mage Tower on PTR if anything. They release blue posts on a bi-weekly basis. None should be this week. Maybe they switch it up though. The new PTR for SoM has Hardcore mode and I expect a blue post about it and such. But yeah, who knows.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Your guess is as good as any. The PTR testing certainly doesn't seem to have concluded yet, so I doubt we will see the patch next week.
    The biggest news is that the end of the renown grind is nigh.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    This thing to get content out much faster in this "Content age" as you put it seems projection.
    Right so you don't actually understand how the entertainment industry works in this era, gotcha.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god, character transfers are finally getting an update.

Now i might actually consider transferring off of my current realm.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    When I use "you" I am referring to George, not you.

What you default to as a go-to for "fucking around" like that speaks volumes of who a person is.

So he can donate all he wants to sick kids, be the greatest father in the world.

He still went on a homophobic tirade and told people to kill themselves over it.
    and like i said, he still is a better human being than the sensitive hypocrites condemning him like he actually meant when he was joking around

but, we are going around in a tangent here and this isn't the right thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Oh my god, character transfers are finally getting an update.

Now i might actually consider transferring off of my current realm.
    "You can now add multiple characters into one transfer for just 20$ for each additional character!"

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Considering Sylvanas dominating Anduin is unlikely with the current Development objections to domination. I would assume they made a deal and I don't feel the books synopsis refer to the Anduin/Sylvanas situation and it refers to something else.
    Well that would be quite the blatant retcon in that case. Anduin literally says that Sylvanas is the one to blame for what the Jailer will make him do, no way around it.
    He doesn't say "the monster I have been made into" he says "the monster you made me"
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    "You can now add multiple characters into one transfer for just 20$ for each additional character!"
    Please don't mess with my hopes and dreams.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Oof, more raiders moving to Horde?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Well they only mentioned server moves, so just fleeing to the remaining 20% of the server population that actually has a working playerbase. Faction changes are a different thing and not mentioned by blue post.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-10-19 at 06:03 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    That's pretty much how I'm reading the new character transfer thing.

"Are you tired of the difficulty finding M+/Raiding guilds on the Alliance and want to transfer to the Horde? Now you can do so & bring all your profession alts with you! For the Horde!!!!

As for the Alliance players that are left...your concerns are very important to us & will be handled if time allows."

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People really don't know what the phrase "server transfer" means anymore do they.

Blizzard, just merge servers. Just bite the bullet and do it. For both Classic forks too.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)