Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    That's what they're aiming for.
    Sylvanas with her goal of breaking the cycle and the Kyrians giving up on that whole "purging your memory" thing.
    Weeeeeeell, I don't think so. Sylvanas is fighting for some free will in the afterlives -> the right to chose where you go. It's Zovaal who wants to delete everything.

You still need kyrians on the job to bring souls. You still need venthyr on purgatory duty to cleanse souls (even if they suddenly turn it into a voluntary thing). You still need the armies of Maldraxxus to defend the Shadowlands and you still need the fae to attend to dormant gods of nature.

Sure some more liberties would allow them to take a break or experiment some travels. But ultimately I don't think their mission can ever be just done.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Weeeeeeell, I don't think so. Sylvanas is fighting for some free will in the afterlives -> the right to chose where you go. It's Zovaal who wants to delete everything.

You still need kyrians on the job to bring souls. You still need venthyr on purgatory duty to cleanse souls (even if they suddenly turn it into a voluntary thing). You still need the armies of Maldraxxus to defend the Shadowlands and you still need the fae to attend to dormant gods of nature.

Sure some more liberties would allow them to take a break or experiment some travels. But ultimately I don't think their mission can ever be just done.
    How many souls go to the Shadowlands every day?
    Now, multiply it by all the inhabited planets in the cosmos.
    There are more than enough that can take on this charge.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    How many souls go to the Shadowlands every day?
    Now, multiply it by all the inhabited planets in the cosmos.
    There are more than enough that can take on this charge.
    Wait, that's my point. There are many souls to attend to, so these guys need to keep working.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Wait, that's my point. There are many souls to attend to, so these guys need to keep working.
    No, i meant reformed ones. Those that transform into the shadowlands races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    I rather take a new rig or gilgoblins first :P
    love WoWarcraft

Why not get rid of the factions, that way Sylvar and Venthyr can be neutral just like how they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    I rather take a new rig or gilgoblins first :P
    Well, they are waiting on the shore of Durotar.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    Why not get rid of the factions, that way Sylvar and Venthyr can be neutral just like how they are now.
    That's the whole premise of the game.

I mean I think a de-emphasizing of factions is possible, having more playable races that don't care about the faction conflict and are functionally neutral or independent.

I don't think factions will be disappearing anytime soon, but I think it's possible PvE content will overall take a more factionless stance.

They're prepping Turalyon to lead the Alliance, and positioning for a future Army of Light/Alliance aggressor plot. The faction conflict is very likely to continue for quite some time.

If they were going to pivot to remove factions, then there's no need to seed in Turalyon becoming Regent and Protector of the Realm.