Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzconline 2022.

People saying Summer or Fall are nuts, WoW would actually die. That'd be 3 years of Shadowlands for sure.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Saw a definitive post on reddit stating that news will be dropped tomorrow.
    Link? 10cccc

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Blizzconline 2022.

People saying Summer or Fall are nuts, WoW would actually die. That'd be 3 years of Shadowlands for sure.
    And if they unveil it in Feb, when would it release? August? November? They literally don't have enough time to fit a patch and whole expansion dev cycle in a year.

There is no getting around the fact that SL will be long ass expansion, no matter how little content it ends up having.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    And if they unveil it in Feb, when would it release? August? November? They literally don't have enough time to fit a patch and whole expansion dev cycle in a year.

There is no getting around the fact that SL will be long ass expansion, no matter how little content it ends up having.
    Still saying reveal Q1 2022, launch Q1 2023.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

It won't be a long expansion, it will be WoD 2.0. If you don't see it by now idk what to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Working on existing classes happens EVERY expansion. A new class would generate some actual excitement for the expansion among current, former, and non-players.
    Sorry what I intended to say was extensive/major changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Popikaify View Post
    When can we expect to see the next expansion since blizzcon has been canceled.
    Next year or 2023. But give your hopes up. With how the development has been the next expansion will too be a piece of shit.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

My guess is 10.0 will be a major revamp and be delayed til 2023.

I’d bet they’ll have a minor reveal of it at Blizzcon, since 9.2 will be known by then and they need to show what’s next (9.3 isn’t happening)

I think they’re going to FF14ify WoW the way Legion Diabloified WoW.

I’d bet on major profession revamps and housing with how well received they are in New World and FF14.

There has already been a job posting on Twitter hinting at that.

Otherwise, I’d wager timewalking will be baked into the core game and expanded, the old world will get updated, and the villain will be either Azshara or something she summons.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2021-10-18 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    I disagree. There has never been a purely (or even almost-purely) tank class and we have multiple purely melee and ranged classes and an almost-purely healing class.

We expand better in this thread because here it's pretty much off topic: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ely-tank-class

- - - Updated - - -

Yes and no. I was probably a bit extreme in that reply and 2 years might be too much etc. But: they will definitely care if the harassment news are still warm on social media; they will not last forever in the current strength; there is a good chance in ~1 year it will be almost forgotten (especially by non-players).
    yes, and even when all your arguments are correct (and i do not disagree to much of them), Blizz will never do a pure tank class. why? for 2 simple reasons, and both of them are stated in blue posts 7 years or so ago (i am too lazy to search through blue tracker archive):

1)
    they stick to and believe in the philosophy that every class needs at least 1 DPS spec. in their view 80% of the game is based on doing damage (i.e. killing a mob in contrast to collect or pick up some items). and therefore their argument is „every class should have the option to excel in damage aka the80%content aka the main objective in wow“. i dont wanna discuss that and the pro and cons. it was just their stance, that since in wow is all based on doing damage, every class needs a damage spec. we all know that also healer and tanks doing well in lets say questing and grinding, when killing mobs. but thats not their point. and since they believe in this philosophy, they will not act against this philosophy. maybe they are in fear of the huge shitstorm when players of pure tank class starting some „i wanna do same amount of dps and wanna be same fast as all the other classes and their offspecs, when questing!“ this would bring them in the need, to give one of the 3 tank specs same dps as real dps specs, but just for outdoor activities etc. which makes it a game design nightmare for them. idk. idk their reasons, but that was/is their philosophy and they will stick to it.

2)
    the 2nd reason they gave years ago, was that when they do a pure tanking class, they target ppl that wanna tank (obviously). there are 6 tank specs out of 36 specs overall. this means (in a normalized scenario, in reality its way less) that 1/6 of all players are tanks. 16%. so their argument was that for an investment in a pure tanking class, at best 16% of their customers benefit of that. because all other 84% are not interessted in tanking. and in that case they do a huge investment for a small customer grp, which is not rentable. they used other words and examples, but that was their point. they simply target too less ppls with that investment. and therefore they will not do it.

all in all imo the chance to get a pure tank class is absurd low. maybe 1% at best. Blizzard will never do this. regardless how straight and fair your arguments are. imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    My guess is 10.0 will be a major revamp and be delayed til 2023.

I’d bet they’ll have a minor reveal of it at Blizzcon, since 9.2 will be known by then and they need to show what’s next (9.3 isn’t happening)

I think they’re going to FF14ify WoW the way Legion Diabloified WoW.

I’d bet on major profession revamps and housing with how well received they are in New World and FF14.

There has already been a job posting on Twitter hinting at that.

Otherwise, I’d wager timewalking will be baked into the core game and expanded, the old world will get updated, and the villain will be either Azshara or something she summons.
    not commenting the last (Aszhara) part, but everything else is VERY likely imo and exactly what i expect, what will happen. sounds rather realistic to me, as a sw developer (since 20+ years) and as a wow player (since 16 years).

- - - Updated - - -

last statement: EXACTLY this. imo.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-10-18 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    yes, and even when all your arguments are correct (and i do not disagree to much of them), Blizz will never do a pure tank class. why? for 2 simple reasons, and both of them are stated in blue posts 7 years or so ago (i am too lazy to search through blue tracker archive):

1)
    they stick to and believe in the philosophy that every class needs at least 1 DPS spec. in their view 80% of the game is based on doing damage (i.e. killing a mob in contrast to collect or pick up some items). and therefore their argument is „every class should have the option to excel in damage aka the80%content aka the main objective in wow“. i dont wanna discuss that and the pro and cons. it was just their stance, that since in wow is all based on doing damage, every class needs a damage spec. we all know that also healer and tanks doing well in lets say questing and grinding, when killing mobs. but thats not their point. and since they believe in this philosophy, they will not act against this philosophy. maybe they are in fear of the huge shitstorm when players of pure tank class starting some „i wanna do same amount of dps and wanna be same fast as all the other classes and their offspecs, when questing!“ this would bring them in the need, to give one of the 3 tank specs same dps as real dps specs, but just for outdoor activities etc. which makes it a game design nightmare for them. idk. idk their reasons, but that was/is their philosophy and they will stick to it.

2)
    the 2nd reason they gave years ago, was that when they do a pure tanking class, they target ppl that wanna tank (obviously). there are 6 tank specs out of 36 specs overall. this means (in a normalized scenario, in reality its way less) that 1/6 of all players are tanks. 16%. so their argument was that for an investment in a pure tanking class, at best 16% of their customers benefit of that. because all other 84% are not interessted in tanking. and in that case they do a huge investment for a small customer grp, which is not rentable. they used other words and examples, but that was their point. they simply target too less ppls with that investment. and therefore they will not do it.

all in all imo the chance to get a pure tank class is absurd low. maybe 1% at best. Blizzard will never do this. regardless how straight and fair your arguments are. imo.
    I cover that in that thread. I do not think pure tanking is a good idea; it should be at least 2 tank and 1 dps specs; or they should have 4-spec classes so some "traditional tanks" like the warrior could have 4 specs with 2 being tanking.

After all priests didn't break the game; by the way: the game can probably use more 4-spec classes in general; e.g. there is a clear shortage of healers currently so it might had helped to make 4 specs of monk etc.

I cover that in that thread. I do not think pure tanking is a good idea; it should be at least 2 tank and 1 dps specs; or they should have 4-spec classes so some "traditional tanks" like the warrior could have 4 specs with 2 being tanking.

After all priests didn't break the game; by the way: the game can probably use more 4-spec classes in general; e.g. there is a clear shortage of healers currently so it might had helped to make 4 specs of monk etc.
    Adding more tanking specs to tank classes will achieve nothing. Those classes already have a tank spec, how would adding second spec that does exactly the same thing add more tank players to the game?

Adding more tanking specs to tank classes will achieve nothing. Those classes already have a tank spec, how would adding second spec that does exactly the same thing add more tank players to the game?
    I cover that in the thread dedicated to that topic. What I said has little to do with just adding more total tanks; it is about making a better game. If you want to be dedicated to healing then priest is a wonderful class because it has the most depth because it has 2 specs for it and similarly for ranged dpses and melees (rogue); tanking has nothing (anymore (dk was short lived with 3 tanking specs(though that was probably overdoing it and it was probably impossible to develop well))).
    Last edited by epigramx; 2021-10-20 at 06:47 AM.

9.3 will clearly happen because this expansion clearly feels too short without it and with my experience with their development process: they must have planned for 9.3 for sure.
    Blizzard doesn't have a choice. They HAVE to skip because at the glacial rate it takes for them to push out content, if they do a 9.3 then FFXIV will release their 7.0 expansion before WoW 10.0 even comes out. Furthermore, FFXIV releases a patch once every 3.5 months, whereas WoW struggles to put out a content light patch once every 7 months (and it's riddled with bugs), and has a 9+ month delay between the last patch of an expansion and the launch of the next expansion. So while WoW is in its doldrums, FFXIV will just keep running laps around Blizzard, drawing more attention and attracting more players from WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

New class is more marketable than rework of existing classes.
    4th specs are a possibility. New specializations are a marketing point for GW2 expansions. Right now, the slow reveal of new specializations is the most hyped thing about the new GW2 expac, which will probably be the last one. That being said, I do think a new class is more likely.

- - - Updated - - -

They could make new classes but, there's always the problem that they are already TWELVE so a new player may be overwhelmed.
    FFXIV has 20 different classes. WoW adding a 13th class won't be a problem.

We'll hear news early December and release likely Q2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whenever the announcement of the next expansion I don't expect there to be a release until mid 2023. So buckle up kids :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Whenever the announcement of the next expansion I don't expect there to be a release until mid 2023. So buckle up kids :P
    There is tons of amazing games on the market so no worries if that will be the case but abit lacking om the mmo front for sure but personally i will be all over Lost Ark when that arrives in eu/na.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    There is tons of amazing games on the market so no worries if that will be the case but abit lacking om the mmo front for sure but personally i will be all over Lost Ark when that arrives in eu/na.
    Thats the best thing I have found since I quit WoW... loads of games to play, especially by February next year
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Thats the best thing I have found since I quit WoW... loads of games to play, especially by February next year
    Yeah true
    Do you hear the voices too?

10.0 will be delayed to Q4 2023. Blizzard is massively behind on their development schedule, plus they need to make some big changes after the disaster that was SL. That's my prediction

Don't know, and I don't care until Blizzard gets their ducks in a row. I'd rather them take time now and get their issues with game development sorted before they worked on whatever the next expansion is going to be.