Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Oh. That was just for the Vulpera quest I think.

Rokhan is currently leading Orgrimmar. Why? I dunno
    Who put him in charge? I dunno
    When did he enter office? I dunno
    Well, since he's more the Bob of Orgrimmar than an acting Warchief I'd say him using the throne isn't as dangerous as it otherwise could be. Tbh they might as well re-decorate Grommash Hold into a council chamber without a throne, since none of them is elected above the rest.

Unless Blizz does away with the whole council nonsense once the Lightbound inquisition enters Lordaeron. *fingers crossed*
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    when all factions are independent, there is at least a chance for good writing, with a lot of smaller conflicts.

but a company that lame and conservative as Blizz ? no way. they will stick to their blue/red clownshow till the bitter end. imo.
    Yeah i don't have high hopes either. Blizz can do big stories.

But they are shit with following many characters and add small stories to the side. Most of the chars in wow just stand on the sideline doing nothing untill an expansion calls for them.... sad... but i don't htink this will ever change. Rather will get worse with the smaller budget they probably get after the whole decline in the last 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Well, since he's more the Bob of Orgrimmar than an acting Warchief I'd say him using the throne isn't as dangerous as it otherwise could be. Tbh they might as well re-decorate Grommash Hold into a council chamber without a throne, since none of them is elected above the rest.

Unless Blizz does away with the whole council nonsense once the Lightbound inquisition enters Lordaeron. *fingers crossed*
    If council means no more retarded faction "war" then i am okay with this.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    If council means no more retarded faction "war" then i am okay with this.
    I'd be okay if only the 'retarded' part is omitted.

But was where Dalaran?

7+ Year Old Account
    Saurfang sat in Orgrimmar during Legion as well

That place is cursed I tell you
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I'd be okay if only the 'retarded' part is omitted.
    We cant have another thanks to Blizz. And "war" is in quotes to show how its not really a war, its more like Horde bullying Alliance and then Alliance being used to teach some cheesy christian (not really) morality tale.

We cant have another thanks to Blizz. And "war" is in quotes to show how its not really a war, its more like Horde bullying Alliance and then Alliance being used to teach some cheesy christian (not really) morality tale.
    Going with what you described here would be another case of retarded from Blizzard's writing team. That's why I'm into the idea of Turalyon causing shit in Anduin's absence. Wouldn't even have to be villain-batted, but rather a more... hardline approach to Alliance well-being. That's what Saurfang was about with War of Thorns. Just this time I wouldn't make the instigating faction splinter into two sub-factions at war with each other.

Horde would of course defend itself, since we aren't concerned with Alliance well-being (other than our leaders atm, that is).

But was where Dalaran?

Going with what you described here would be another case of retarded from Blizzard's writing team. That's why I'm into the idea of Turalyon causing shit in Anduin's absence. Wouldn't even have to be villain-batted, but rather a more... hardline approach to Alliance well-being. That's what Saurfang was about with War of Thorns. Just this time I wouldn't make the instigating faction splinter into two sub-factions at war with each other.

Horde would of course defend itself, since we aren't concerned with Alliance well-being (other than our leaders atm, that is).
    Blizz dont have balls to write Horde as a defending faction, ESPECIALLY in a tear-jerking, hamfisted way they write Alliance on the defense. I mean, if you want the Horde to be victim for an expack be my guest but i doubt you REALLY want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    when all factions are independent, there is at least a chance for good writing, with a lot of smaller conflicts.

but a company that lame and conservative as Blizz ? no way. they will stick to their blue/red clownshow till the bitter end. imo.
    I really think that will greatly increase the chances of good writing.

It would have three good things.
    1. As it has no budget, they know that the history of the sona has to be solved in the same sona. So none of "this will continue in the next expansion or patch .. but either surprise it was cut in the next patch or it has nothing to do with it." The best example of this being the Night War.
    2. As there are no factions, we no longer have to answer "Where is the vendicar when they agreed to Teldrazzil" because they would no longer be allies and therefore there are no reasons for them to be. You no longer have to wonder why so many Pjs are on the fringes. Now they would be marginalized because it will not be the conflict of their faction.
    3 and more important. Without factions, the "Human potential and the passing orc" are cut in the bud. Now that there are no factions Jaina is not going to Fight against Azhara. Anduin will not solve the issue of the Ennanos .. etc etc

Blizz dont have balls to write Horde as a defending faction, ESPECIALLY in a tear-jerking, hamfisted way they write Alliance on the defense. I mean, if you want the Horde to be victim for an expack be my guest but i doubt you REALLY want it.
    Not victim, neither the warmonger. It doesn't have to be one of these two. And imagine if for once faction conflict actually changed the world (losing zones, gaining zones, destruction, revamp) the end scenario wouldn't be return to status quo as if nothing happened, but a cessation of hostilities with gains kept and losses not reimbursed, settling to a world where, yes, both superpowers still exist, but things aren't the same. If you look at real world history you'll see borders constantly changing without nations being utterly obliterated.

But was where Dalaran?

Not victim, neither the warmonger. It doesn't have to be one of these two. And imagine if for once faction conflict actually changed the world (losing zones, gaining zones, destruction, revamp) the end scenario wouldn't be return to status quo as if nothing happened, but a cessation of hostilities with gains kept and losses not reimbursed, settling to a world where, yes, both superpowers still exist, but things aren't the same. If you look at real world history you'll see borders constantly changing without nations being utterly obliterated.
    Also knowing Blizz it would end up taking more from night elves because they dont know how to detract from any Eastern Kingdoms Alliance holdings.

So yeah, no. BfA was enough of CBT for Alliance, no amount of "revamps" will ever fix this shit now.

Also in the scenario i spoke about you DONT GET to be "neither". You either a hapless victim or a slavering beastly warmonger with a single digit IQ. Because thats what BfA was and you dont get a privilege of better cards next time faction war plays out.

For the good of the faction conflict, the player needs to be decoupled from it.

Until they do, the faction conflict is pointless and only serves to anger the fanbase towards blizzard. Nothing meaningful can change, because its not a war either faction can really win. The game has to maintain a certain amount of staticness because the player is innately tied to a faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    A questline where Mudmug manipulates Horde and Alliance into all out war to avenge Master Baiter would be nice.

Also in the scenario i spoke about you DONT GET to be "neither". You either a hapless victim or a slavering beastly warmonger with a single digit IQ. Because thats what BfA was and you dont get a privilege of better cards next time faction war plays out.
    Says who? Blizzard's current writing chops leave much to be desired, but all they really would need to do is hire a new lead writer to conjure a proper war expansion. There are many good war stories out there.

But was where Dalaran?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Oh. That was just for the Vulpera quest I think.

Rokhan is currently leading Orgrimmar. Why? I dunno
    Who put him in charge? I dunno
    When did he enter office? I dunno
    I thought there was no "one" leader anymore, and it was a council?

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I thought there was no "one" leader anymore, and it was a council?
    For the Horde anyway. Suppose Orgrimmar still needs a mayor. In that sense it makes more sense if it's Rokhan rather than Baine, as the latter already has Thunder Bluff for that.

But was where Dalaran?

7+ Year Old Account
    For the Horde anyway. Suppose Orgrimmar still needs a mayor. In that sense it makes more sense if it's Rokhan rather than Baine, as the latter already has Thunder Bluff for that.
    Rokhan should technically be on Darkspear Island

But Blizzard will never make that into a capital city I guess
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Rokhan should technically be on Darkspear Island

But Blizzard will never make that into a capital city I guess
    I was considering Gazlowe for Orgrimmar's mayor, the guy designed the city after all. But he's already the mayor of Ratchet. And Bilgewater Harbor..?

Hell, maybe the lesser towns can be handled by a lesser character, but Orgrimmar needs someone with name recognition. That'd be an orc, a goblin or a troll. The likes of Eitrigg and Nazgrel are largely unused third or second tier orcs, where as Gazlowe and Rokhan have been elevated to first tier. Then if you make Thrall the mayor it would immediately be misunderstood as something more significant. With that in mind I think Gazlowe or Rokhan make the most sense.

But was where Dalaran?

Says who? Blizzard's current writing chops leave much to be desired, but all they really would need to do is hire a new lead writer to conjure a proper war expansion. There are many good war stories out there.
    Says the fact that we talking in context of BfA. Another faction war is worthless at this point.

I mean, Alliance will just lose more stuff again, especially night elves. And i am done with watching my faction lose and lose.