Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    Yes and no, what I meant was something of a middle ground, something you retain after an expac, if not fully at least partially.
    To clarify, taking the artifact weapons as an example, at the end of Legion instead of just deprecating them, a part of their skills become player skills in a new system (like a paragon tree)
    Well the problem is that you have to deal with the abilities somehow. If you keep them all then you are either asking players to go back to old content for current power, or just baking them in rendering the entire process of keeping them meaningless.
    If you go for the latter option then you further might end up with the problem we had in MoP where all classes could do close to everything, and classes were extremely homogenous simply because the developers had given them something they didn't have previously over too long a time.

The system we have now, where whatever system either works only in the given expansions zones and content, or previously where it was somehow removed at the end of the expansion does work much better in the long term sadly.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Embrace maintenance mode.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Embrace maintenance mode.
    Hush, that's only conspiracy nut talk.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Hush, that's only conspiracy nut talk.
    Of course it is.

Or is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    What are you even talking? Shadowlands was already better than BfA with 9.0 lol. And 9.1.5. fixes most if not all of the problems the expansion had. The only big issue is the content drought - and you want another year without anything new ontop? Wow .... looks like you never played through ICC/SoO/HFC, because no one who did wants that again.
    SL is the expansion that’s so bad that it caused an exodus to another MMO, FFXIV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azxza View Post
    SL is the expansion that’s so bad that it caused an exodus to another MMO, FFXIV.
    Yeah streamers are going off to XIV, So what. All you said is "GAME BAD"
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    So when 9.2 comes out, or even what CONTENT will be part of it, we got zero clue... I know FFXIV massive xpack End Walker will be released on November 23, 2021, and its first mayor patch will be out sometime in February with the start of a brand new story and huge new features like Island Sanctuary.

Yet I still have no clue when 9.2 will be released or 9.1.5 for that matter...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by |Dexter| View Post
    So when 9.2 comes out, or even what CONTENT will be part of it, we got zero clue... I know FFXIV massive xpack End Walker will be released on November 23, 2021, and its first mayor patch will be out sometime in February with the start of a brand new story and huge new features like Island Sanctuary.

Yet I still have no clue when 9.2 will be released or 9.1.5 for that matter...

9.2 is a 2022 release for very obvious reasons. that 9.1.5 patch may come sometime this year, no idea when though.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-10-20 at 05:28 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    Yes and no, what I meant was something of a middle ground, something you retain after an expac, if not fully at least partially.
    To clarify, taking the artifact weapons as an example, at the end of Legion instead of just deprecating them, a part of their skills become player skills in a new system (like a paragon tree)
    You mean like some of their abilities getting made into Talents?

You're really just describing what they actually did.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    They released first blue post that I would rather categorize as promotion, not information about PTR. Clear sign that wait is ~3-4 weeks away (probably less, since there isn't enough 9.1.5 stuff to talk about).

10+ Year Old Account
    I love when Blizzard makes a 1 blue post that covers 3-4 blue posts they made prior. Summary blue posts is what I live for.

Forward-slash-"s"

Hours, hours passing in this thread with nobody posting. One year ago we made like what, half a page per minute?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I love when Blizzard makes a 1 blue post that covers 3-4 blue posts they made prior. Summary blue posts is what I live for.

Forward-slash-"s"
    Their approach with WoW content nowadays as well. Grab old features / content and put them together et voila, here you have a new feature / content.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    They released first blue post that I would rather categorize as promotion, not information about PTR. Clear sign that wait is ~3-4 weeks away (probably less, since there isn't enough 9.1.5 stuff to talk about).
    I'll believe it when we get the recapper on Legion Timewalking. That's the one thing that needs testing and it feels still not finished.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Hours, hours passing in this thread with nobody posting. One year ago we made like what, half a page per minute?
    Ye, because we never had slow days when there was nothing to talk about in the past, eh?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ye, because we never had slow days when there was nothing to talk about in the past, eh?
    Not this way, no. Not even during the worst droughts. And it's not slow days, lol. It's slow months.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Not this way, no. Not even during the worst droughts. And it's not slow days, lol. It's slow months.
    Yes we did, we had no posts for days in the past while today we had 29 posts so far so I don't even know what are you talking about in the first place.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

This thread was slow many times before, it's just Shadowlands has had so many mid-expansion droughts that it feels much slower here.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'll believe it when we get the recapper on Legion Timewalking. That's the one thing that needs testing and it feels still not finished.
    Since window is only a day, clearly they want limited testing for MT just to check stability and I doubt we will get second round. You may say it's too short, but in 7.2 PTR it wasn't public tested at all. M+ is here for weeks. But yeah, we will get similar summary blue post about Legion timewalking as well.

Outside it, last major thing to test are solo islands (I think), so hopefully it will be implemented next week. It's just UI, since they doesn't require any tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    This thread was slow many times before, it's just Shadowlands has had so many mid-expansion droughts that it feels much slower here.
    It's just Nyel thing. Giving obvious statements and making from them some proofs that THINGS ARE WORST IN THE HISTORY.

I don't mind this drought or any other drought coming later in Shadowlands if that means an Eastern Kingdoms and/or Kalimdor revamp in 10.0, but if it's just 4 small zones somewhere else, it'll be really disappointing. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Really, looking over what we have so far it's really only the drought that has really fucked us over. Sure, the covenant restriction is somehting some players have thrown a hissyfit over, but the story isnt completely retarded like in BfA, and there is plenty of content we have gotten, both in 9.0 and 9.1 that has been at least consistently interesting to get.

It's important to remember that if Shadowlands was not affected by delays at all. (and if we also make the assumption that the patches we know of would be the same) then by this point the idea that you need to stick to a covenant would be an idea that would have been long gone. Sanctum of Domination would likely only be run by hunters desperate for the bow, as well as players who really want a burst of anima. Nathria would have been at the point where players would go back for a kick of nostalgia.

I stand by that once the expansion is over and we are comfortably settled into 10.0 many will look back at Shadowlands like a really nice upsurge in quality. There are many that will likely remember what they disliked, and if 9.3 ends up not being a thing that will definitely place Shadowlands firmly in the "failed expansion" camp, but I am confident that by this time in 2 years players will remember Shadowlands for the avalanche of cosmetic content it had, not for the awful droughts.
    The world revamp dream will never die!