Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Neh, we have Star Citizen for that. No need for an Asian MMO. Just promise a sci-fi game and never release with with a cash store, and you're free to scam whomever you want!
    Same with Earth 2, Dreamworld etc etc.
    I at least give star citizen a pass for being how funny and long lasting the debacle is
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Ill take the free compliment. But anyway, it's probably that one guy that had that breath of fire 4 avatar - i forget his name
    Last edited by Video Games; 2021-10-20 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Ill take the free compliment. But anyway, it's probably that one guy that had that breath of fire 4 avatar - i forget his name
    Haven't played BoF4 so not sure if we're thinking the same person but I thought the OP was Shadowpunk/MMOTherapist/Roanda.

any game with gear enhancing crap like BDO is a hard pass for me. that shit just sucks the fun right out of gearing and just makes me hate it rather than enjoy it.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Haven't played BoF4 so not sure if we're thinking the same person but I thought the OP was Shadowpunk/MMOTherapist/Roanda.
    Thats his name!

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    any game with gear enhancing crap like BDO is a hard pass for me. that shit just sucks the fun right out of gearing and just makes me hate it rather than enjoy it.
    Often abused, I think it is fair to say, but I do like the idea behind these systems. I tend to view it as gear leveling of a sort and I especially enjoyed when games have a lot of variance in how you can enhance gear. Path of Exile, though a much different game, really is what I would consider a compelling system for gearing because it offers the notion of "how perfect is perfect and what is perfect anyway?" for gears.

I think it can become a little flat when the max-level gear is unchanging/set in stone. I feel like there is not a lot of reason left to play in some of these games until the next gear reset.

As noted though, many games do it badly to take advantage of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Often abused, I think it is fair to say, but I do like the idea behind these systems. I tend to view it as gear leveling of a sort and I especially enjoyed when games have a lot of variance in how you can enhance gear. Path of Exile, though a much different game, really is what I would consider a compelling system for gearing because it offers the notion of "how perfect is perfect and what is perfect anyway?" for gears.

I think it can become a little flat when the max-level gear is unchanging/set in stone. I feel like there is not a lot of reason left to play in some of these games until the next gear reset.

As noted though, many games do it badly to take advantage of players.
    not really familiar with how PoE does it but the whole "use these tokens to maybe upgrade your gear but most likely it will either destroy it or downgrade it" i think is utter trash.

i know Diablo 3 had some kind thing where you could reroll stats on items but it was nowhere near as hostile towards the player as in korean mmo's.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post
    Am i the only one completely addicted to new MMO releases (>_<) ?
    This is so much hype for me.
    Even if game turns out to be crap.
    I like MMOs too, I just, you know, have standards

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't honestly tell a lot of these MMORPG's apart anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    not really familiar with how PoE does it but the whole "use these tokens to maybe upgrade your gear but most likely it will either destroy it or downgrade it" i think is utter trash.

i know Diablo 3 had some kind thing where you could reroll stats on items but it was nowhere near as hostile towards the player as in korean mmo's.
    Yea, POE doesn't "break" items. But some types of enhancements to stats could "corrupt" an item which just stops you from further modifying the item. It's still usable though. You just can't keep modifying it. But again, different game type entirely. I just find it more interesting to have more dynamic gear than static generally.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    The irony. Fomo keeping you awake as well? I mean you come in this thread just to bitch/complain. So hey! Must be something
    Baby learned a new word, so is trying to use it wherever he can, I see.

Also it's not irony. It's called mocking.

PS, you keep using FOMO incorrectly. I'm not missing out on anything here, since I've already played the terrible game. I certainly don't envy those playing it, which is what FOMO entails.

I'll give you a C for trying. Do better.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

Character creator is good and the game is quit pretty, and runs well initially too.

But man...you can tell Bluehole made this. One of the first mobs you fight is basically a pretty common BAM/boss from Tera with a different skin, heh. Weird that you seem to be able to move around and there are no animation locks with basic attacks and whatnot.

It's quite pretty.

Edit: To the second town. Seems pretty standard fair. Playing the tank class which seems like it's focused on lots of knockdowns and juggling which is kinda fun. Not sure how I feel about this version of the action combat system, but it seems fairly easy to just like...run circles around enemies and they can't do much about it.

Game is still pretty. Shame they're sticking with UE3 and don't get access to a bunch of the graphical goodies that are included with UE4.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2021-10-21 at 04:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played a bit and yeah, it feels quite a bit like other similar games like Tera and BDO. That said, there are some interesting things. The skill attribute thing is kinda cool. Each skill has I think 5 different variations that you can pick and some seem like they can alter the skill a fair amount. That said, something just felt off about the combat. Maybe I just need to get used to it or maybe it was the class I picked, but I never felt like I was in total control. I was just spamming attacks. Dunno. I am going to try some more later, maybe it will click. It just isn't instantly satisfying combat like BDO or even the New World were.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Played a bit and yeah, it feels quite a bit like other similar games like Tera and BDO. That said, there are some interesting things. The skill attribute thing is kinda cool. Each skill has I think 5 different variations that you can pick and some seem like they can alter the skill a fair amount. That said, something just felt off about the combat. Maybe I just need to get used to it or maybe it was the class I picked, but I never felt like I was in total control. I was just spamming attacks. Dunno. I am going to try some more later, maybe it will click. It just isn't instantly satisfying combat like BDO or even the New World were.
    This is absolutely the saving grace of the game

Im not gonna say is the combat itself, because like you said, is still open to interpretation...but the customization and freedom on picking abilities as early as level 30 is actually insane.

what ive seen from streams it looked atrocious ... hard pass from me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not trying to get into a new MMO right now but if its like Tera then I might get to it eventually. I actually liked Tera for a little bit. Enough to level out a character an mess around a bit. If its like BDO, I'll pass. Just not my thing.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Gonna wait for Lost Ark.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    tried playing it... unoptimized garbage, can't even get my fps to 144 no matter what settings i put... by the time you're done with the starting area you're almost lvl 30? wtf is that... then there is some weird lag when you get close to quest npcs... also the quests are just general grind quests...

it's not even using 50% of my gpu but the fps sucks...
    What GPU do you have? I'm on near max settings at 2K/100fps with my 3070. It seems fairly well optimized on higher end hardware at least.

And the level thing is kinda a Korean MMO thing (and used in mobile games). It's a weird thing, but you speed through the low levels and spend more of your time at mid-level getting to max level.

Quests seem standard fair, but not even grindy. First two hubs seem to have about 8 each and clearing them all out at the first one took maybe 10-15 minutes, plus I did some kind of open world even that spawned which was a clusterfuck of what the hell but also kinda fun.

But it's a Korean MMO, so expecting grinding at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    i have a rtx 2080... run it with a i9 cpu @ 5 ghz... my fps was frequently below 60 even... with low gpu usage...
    Weird, playing at 4K? Because that might do it. My 3070 bounces between 60-90% usage at 2K/100fps-ish, with drops during busier times. But I've not played much so it could just be that the early zones aren't as taxing.

Pretty early in the game an NPC textline is:

"Hi, my name is Johnny and this is Pedro"
    "You can call me Johnny..."

And im like...bi@ch what tha else would i call you?

Anyway...
    Im watching Towelliee playing for an hour to be able to get some kind of reward via twitch.
    I hope is a 100% sure thing to get...otherwise will be pissed.

It's been 30 or so minutes and I can say I love the fucking fashion in this game. I am here for it.