Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[MOVIE] Uncharted

Looks ok..... Still not buying Tom Holland as Drake. Cast is stacked though

Agree, everything that makes Tom right for Spiderman, makes him wrong for this role. He just looks too young.
    But this also breaks the game lore as Drake met Sully in Columbia or some other south american city (shown in Uncharted 3) so they are probably just doing their own thing with the story.

I think it's more than him just being too young for the role. It's the voice and how "unrugged" he appears. He's almost too good looking to be Drake if that makes sense.

I'll give it a shot because I'll watch almost anything, but I just wish they had used Nathan Fillion in the role.

Ugh this just looks bad all round. Tom Holland is so miscast it ruins the movie and Mark Whalberg ... I cant remember the last time he was enjoyable to watch.

I thought the trailer was awful. Holland has the charisma of an instruction manual and looks like he should be playing background extras in Peaky Blinders. And they look like such an odd pairing in that thumbnail, Wahlberg with his dyed hair that looks like a wig, standing next to a miscast boy. I had to double check Uwe Boll wasn't involved.

Drake during his teen years?

Production hell for eons, and this was the result... lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Not a fan of the cast and humor doesn't work with them

I'll give it a chance because i loved the Uncharted series. Nate has a very specific level of wit and charisma that would be hard to match.

On top of all that's been said, I'm fairly sure that trailer has just shown the most impressive scene in the whole movie, almost in its entirety.

"There are places out there you cant find on any map" instantly pulls out a map.
    That fan made short film with Nathan Fillion seems so much better than this.
    I'ts not just safe, it's 40% safe.

With Wahlberg in it the movie is already pre-ruined. You could get a used tampon to act better than him. It just baffles me how he was the highest paid actor in 2017, even with Transformers money propping him up that year.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2021-10-21 at 04:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    With Wahlberg in it the movie is already pre-ruined. You could get a used tampon to act better than him. It just baffles me how he was the highest paid actor in 2017, even with Transformers money propping him up that year.
    *pointstothehappening*

10+ Year Old Account
    Tom Holland is 25 years old, and he looks like he's 14... And its not just that, the guy always looks too clean, Tom Holland would be great in some dramatic period piece as a rich kid. Because he always looks like that in whatever he does.

this whole casting is weird to me :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-10-25 at 08:13 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I've played a couple of Uncharted games. I thought it was neat to hear they were coming out with a movie. (If people actually played any of those games and don't mind the Indiana jones movies.. you might get where this is going.) When I seen the casting, I was a tad bit sad that Drake and Sully weren't their respective ages. (More so Sully had the gruff feeling to him. Cigars might've helped.) It's not that big of a deal to me tho. I don't mind Tom Holland seems like a nice actor and Spiderman is quite popular currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    It's the voice and how "unrugged" he appears.
    I guess both characters don't seem as rugged in this portrayal. I understand why they did it. I think a lot of people don't mind either actors. I would watch this movie tho. New age Indiana Jones with video game spin..why not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eyyy that is not Nathan Drake.

This is gonna be so distracting. Didn't they notice that he is just a tad too young to play Nathan? It will be very hard to watch this movie whenever he is on screen without ruining immersion.

At least Wahlberg is finally in something other than the incessant gambling ads my country seems to like popping out so often.

Tom Holland on the other hand, well...I could watch him in almost anything. Meow

I realize he is getting a bit older, but man I really liked Nathan Fillion for the role.

Honestly I might be biased as I just rewatched Tron: Legacy but I think Garrett Hedlund could have been a decent drake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

10+ Year Old Account
    They really should have just hired Nathan Fillion and Bruce Campbell for the roles of Drake and Sully respectively and be done with it. Fillion has already been brought up by others, but anyone who has seen the TV series Burn Notice should know that Campbell pretty much just was Sully on that series. Flowery Hawaiian shirts and all.

Damn, that trailer looks generic af

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Again, this is a prequel of their first adventure together. Anyone over 30 is too old for that.
    Instead of making an adaption fans of the actual material would want they got one of the hottest new actors and tailored the movie to suit him. Its typical suits making shit decisions and it would not suprise me in the slightest if this bombs.