I really like Poe. I play non-addictive but addictive. Now I'm looking forward to a new league.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    IIRC cold conversion raiders (and I think some glads?) were doing way, way more damage. But were squishier. I didn't actually mind bleed capping out fairly "low" since it was otherwise so strong and was so easy to get going with starter gear.

Now that SST has been good for a league, I'll wage the crusade for ST to be good for a league. that -1 mana cost to the level 20 version of the gem isn't quite the buff I was looking for : |

- - - Updated - - -

Yo...this shit is fuckin bonkers. 4 permanent magic flask buffs? Hello elemental immunity and permanent flask buffs on bosses, with no downside for increased effect/reduced duration. Actually makes the flask slots a lot more interesting too, since you could slot in things like resist flasks or onslaught so that you don't need to get those elsewhere.

Passive tree changes look good each time I see more of them. Just waiting for the full tree and the PoB update so theorycrafter can start doing their thing. I doubt the builds I want to play will work this league and even my brother (hugely into PoE) is struggling to find a build he actually wants to play.

Really hoping we can do something silly with the link skills like "Cast on friend", those sound like they can get quite silly and have more meaningful group interactions than an aura/curse bot just hanging around.
    I wonder if it's the base flask effects and not the magic effects that are constantly applied.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I wonder if it's the base flask effects and not the magic effects that are constantly applied.
    Well, it's "Flask effects" so it seems like both the flask bonus itself plus the magic rolls on it (hence why it specifies magic).

Basically kinda a HH-esque chase item, but less OP in edge cases while being more effective in general.

- - - Updated - - -

Shit man, this seems dope with "Cast on Friend" linked skills and things like "cast on melee kill" (I assume it interacts with these). There are gonna be some interesting "passive" duo builds with these and the link skills. Also, perfect for MF characters.

Now we just have to figure out which of the 23 different definitions of "Nearby" these fall under.

Edit: As much as I hate "MORE CURRENCY", I do like the new krangled currencies. Got a bomb-ass corrupted helm? YOU CAN ENCHANT THAT SHIT IN LAB STILL!
    Last edited by Edge-; 2021-10-15 at 10:34 PM.

Cast on Melee Kill support requires a kill with the linked Attack, so I don't think that benefits from these gloves at all.

So looking forward to see the new passive tree..

PoB update is live, at least the first one. New tree looks pretty different, and it seems that PoB doesn't like loading up old builds. Every character I try to load up lost like 40+ passives so it's impossible to get an idea of how any existing characters are effected without manually rebuilding the tree.

But yay for being able to start on new builds for the league.

Kinda thinking something silly like a RF jug/chieftan with flame link and my brother playing another fire damage based character. With the new shield you can 6L RF and still use kaoms heart, which should be interesting. Never played RF and haven't been interested since it seems more of a passive playstyle but kinda curious to give it a go.

Shit, I did not see an update. Downloading now.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The tree changes are pretty crazy both my go to shield throw types are going to path comply different and with things like +3 crit gems I might even try a crit version.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Krangled exalts are the most silly thing in the world and I also love them. It may add a mod to a krangled item...or it may remove one. Who knows. You wanna gamble it on your 6L, all white socket chest with +2/+2 corrupt and 4-5 good mods in the hopes of getting a sixth?

I've given up trying to theorycraft my Battlemage inquisitor, I don't think it's possible to actually make a build like that remotely decent without far, far, far more knowledge than I have of the game.

However I'm hoping this is due to PoB not being fully updated but...it seems like the passive changes resulted in a LOT of nerfs, and some fairly big ones. My brother and I spent some time rebuilding trees for existing characters (in multiple ways) and each build seems to be coming up anywhere from 20-50% less overall damage than 3.15, sometimes even more.

Hoping we're just doing dumb stuff and that it's mostly related to PoB being incomplete, but man...if this ends up being anywhere near the overall damage nerf it appears to be it seems like we're in store for another 3.15-esque across the board nerf. Which is weird since IIRC Chris said that they weren't planning another round of nerfs like that.

Haven't seen others talking about it yet so I'm assuming/hoping we're just jumping the gun a bit. But I do really dig the new tree overall. And not just because you can make all kinds of animals by linking travel nodes and whatnot.

- - - Updated - - -

https://i.redd.it/4u1m4ggc9iu71.png

More krangled currency, this time a chance to turn a corrupted item into a unique or...poof it. Honestly this one seems fairly solid and low-risk given how easy getting corrupted gear can be. Poof some hot-garbage corrupted item, no problem. Turn that garbage corrupted leather belt into a corrupted HH? Cash money (and probably about as good of a chance as chancing a HH).

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3187742

Gems are live.

Freakin kek, all strikes lost +2 range so you can spend passive points to get it back.

Absolution buffed, but still totally garbage. Just slightly better QoL.
    Shield skills nerfed.

Man, I still haven't the foggiest clue of what I want to play. The few things that looked interesting seem like they won't be remotely decent.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2021-10-21 at 04:50 PM.

I'm rather frustrated with how uninteresting (in my opinion) the builds being touted for 3.16 are. I want to play a Templar but damn, it's Dom Blow, Brands or Totems.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm rather frustrated with how uninteresting (in my opinion) the builds being touted for 3.16 are. I want to play a Templar but damn, it's Dom Blow, Brands or Totems.
    You could always join us poor souls who only play self made builds and the ups and downs that brings.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Yeah, I'm looking around at league starter builds and new ideas folks are coming up with and nothing looks interesting/fun to me. I guess I could play some of the same builds I've played before, but I generally dislike doing that and try to play something different each league.

Still beyond bummed that juggernaut remains hot garbage and has the fewest ascendency choices out of all the classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    You could always join us poor souls who only play self made builds and the ups and downs that brings.
    After my testing with Absolution ended up being a gigantic waste (even after trying to fix my build by looking at the few folks listed on PoE Ninja), I'm not willing to risk wasting another week+ on a character that ends up barely able to map without any way of fixing them that's not insanely expensive and time consuming -_-

Granted that's maybe more of a "don't play a new skill, you idiot" problem, but I'm still chuffed about that.

7+ Year Old Account
    After my testing with Absolution ended up being a gigantic waste (even after trying to fix my build by looking at the few folks listed on PoE Ninja), I'm not willing to risk wasting another week+ on a character that ends up barely able to map without any way of fixing them that's not insanely expensive and time consuming -_-

Granted that's maybe more of a "don't play a new skill, you idiot" problem, but I'm still chuffed about that.
    That’s self made builds in a nut shell. I’ve only gotten about two good builds out of all my attempts not counting shield throw stuff.

Fuck, I'm playing Absolution...

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Fuck, I'm playing Absolution...
    You'll be very disappointed. Seriously, the changes aren't bad QoL, but the skill fuckin sucks. You're gonna get much better results with Dominating Blow.

Edit: Might try storm brand occultist or something, I dunno. I'm just kinda tapped out and don't ahve any big interest in builds. Maybe trying something very different (Never played brand, I think my last occultist was HoAg character that just never ended up being very good) will spice things up.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2021-10-21 at 10:06 PM.

Wander masteries look pretty baller. So do poison (though I cant vouch for that personally, since I never touched poison builds in my life).

I am probably going to play chaos slinger to start with. If that doesn't work, occultist has a number of other builds you can easily regret to - ED/contag (which I personally haven't played once, despite playing POE since beta); cold dot; CA/Oath; bane; COC nova

Occultist seems like the most reliable chassis to build a number of competent builds on, and if that ever gets boring, respeccing to elementalist / necro is always an option.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Wander masteries look pretty baller. So do poison (though I cant vouch for that personally, since I never touched poison builds in my life).

I am probably going to play chaos slinger to start with. If that doesn't work, occultist has a number of other builds you can easily regret to - ED/contag (which I personally haven't played once, despite playing POE since beta); cold dot; CA/Oath; bane; COC nova

Occultist seems like the most reliable chassis to build a number of competent builds on, and if that ever gets boring, respeccing to elementalist / necro is always an option.
    The poison mastery is really strong compared to the old stuff on the tree and with the chaos mastery for stacking chaos res you should be able to shoot up the damage rather easily.

I was doing my filter one second later queue up and in position 9k great..

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    I was doing my filter one second later queue up and in position 9k great..
    eyyy, didn't know the download was live yet. Time to get this sucker ready for tonight, or tomorrow, whatever, servers will be a mess today.

Good luck to all of you this league.

eyyy, didn't know the download was live yet. Time to get this sucker ready for tonight, or tomorrow, whatever, servers will be a mess today.
    Servers are usually fine, but this league seems to be a lot more popular. Hopefully, they can handle all the players, but I don't worry about that too much. Taking a nap now and going for a 16-hour session. Let's go.