Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    While I'd also love to see everything revamped from Arathi upwards, it would be quite jarring to zone into e.g. a hypothetical 'modernised' Arathi from the 10+ years old Wetlands. Going back and forth between Org and Dazar'alor in BfA was bad enough
    I get what you mean, switching between versions of Tirisfal Glades is jarring that way. Though crossing the Thandol Span might soften the blow a bit.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    It is, though? They won the Darkshore warfront and Ashenvale is once more in their hands.

- - - Updated - - -

I yearn for a revamp of northern EK, it's easily the most interesting part of Azeroth besides Northrend. Considering all that's there imagine how it would look if it was designed in the 2020's.
    We dont know about Ashenvale and Darkshore is literally the worst zone they ever had, by now its ravaged by Cataclysm, cused, blighted and devastated by war. It is like settling all blood elves in Ghostlands... oh wait, HALF a Ghostlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    I yearn for a revamp of northern EK, it's easily the most interesting part of Azeroth besides Northrend. Considering all that's there imagine how it would look if it was designed in the 2020's.
    Without a storyline to tell there it'd be a bit of a waste of resources and to be honest i don't think anyone has faith in them doing justice to that part of the world, at the moment storywise.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Shame that same is never true for night elves and their territory.

- - - Updated - - -
    Huh? It's more or less the same for Night Elves. Teldrassil is no-man's land, Darkshore is still Alliance territory.

Quote Originally Posted by sighy View Post
    Without a storyline to tell there it'd be a bit of a waste of resources and to be honest i don't think anyone has faith in them doing justice to that part of the world, at the moment storywise.
    There's quite a bit of story to tell considering we have multiple factions vying for its control (Forsaken, Gilneans, Alliance proper, Argents, Scarlets, Scourge, Syndicate, Wildhammer, Revantusk, Arathor, maybe some Horde if Hammerfall is intact) and the one that was the biggest is now struggling. RedShirtGuy tweeted that Silverpine is actually in Alliance hands, albeit described vaguely with the EK book not mentioning Horde activity in the area. Hillsbrad is contested, Tirisfal in total chaos and Anduin is currently unavailable to hold back Alliance advancement in the area. We could have a proper soup preparing here. If things get rough for the Forsaken it would force Calia to abandon them in their time of need or turn hostile towards the Alliance. Either is an improvement to her current position imo.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Huh? It's more or less the same for Night Elves. Teldrassil is no-man's land, Darkshore is still Alliance territory.
    1) Forsaken didnt lost Silverpine , they only lost one city. Teldrassil was a whole zone.

2) Their land was not occupied at all, Alliance basically said ciao after the Battle for Undercity and left to Arathi.

3) They got all their land back to zero sum, nelves still dont get Ashenvale.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Most Lordaeron citizens died and were forced to rez as undead against their will, but the holy of holiest alliance never saw any weak race has any right so they try to claim Lordaeron using the extreme minority left of actual living citizens, ignoring the overwhelming majority who are undead because who cares
    tldr: It should be undead
    Thank you for saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtwili View Post
    Isn't Turalyon officially a aristocrat though?
    Unless they retconned, he never was.

1) Forsaken didnt lost Silverpine , they only lost one city. Teldrassil was a whole zone.

2) Their land was not occupied at all, Alliance basically said ciao after the Battle for Undercity and left to Arathi.

3) They got all their land back to zero sum, nelves still dont get Ashenvale.
    Not sure what's really left in Tirisfal for them other than Deathknell.

Brill was destroyed by the Alliance and the Undercity was basically forever filled with toxic blight. The ruins of the city may be habitable again, but it was hinted that may take a long time.

True that Teldrassil was completely destroyed but it seems the Night Elves now have taken over Mount Hyjal. So ultimately they lost but also gained. And its be real, Hyjal should of been their capital from the start of Vanilla. Especially considering they didn't even use the zone until Cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    There are no Lordareonian aristocrats left alive. They're all either dead or Forsaken.
    not technically true. There's always room for survivors to pop up out of nowhere since Lordaeron wasn't entirely wiped out to the man.

That said, the region itself fell to the plague and remains tainted. Any effort to retake it for the living would be a stretch and likely ignore the fact that the reason they propped up Calia as a secondary leader is a main reason why the area should remian 'undead"....

Really though anything they put forward will not be palatable to any party because they compeltely and utterly ignored any semblance of Forsaken chain of command when they shoved Voss and Calia in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Not sure what's really left in Tirisfal for them other than Deathknell.

Brill was destroyed by the Alliance and the Undercity was basically forever filled with toxic blight. The ruins of the city may be habitable again, but it was hinted that may take a long time.

True that Teldrassil was completely destroyed but it seems the Night Elves now have taken over Mount Hyjal. So ultimately they lost but also gained. And its be real, Hyjal should of been their capital from the start of Vanilla. Especially considering they didn't even use the zone until Cataclysm
    Teldrassil was always built up as that “new beginning” for them, like a start of new age almost. It being so casually thrown away is a fucked up trope in itself, especially since they were also denied a return to their older, warlike ways by “muh renewal”.

So you lose a beacon of new age and also cant take on old age customs, in the end you just LOSE everything.

Also Brill can be rebuilt, its just destroyed by machines, not annihilated. It was actually rebuilt before when they demolished old buildings and built new ones in Cata.

They havent “taken over”, they live there as refugees on shaky rights while horde druids still allowed there, its not a capital, its a UN refugee camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Gilneas still has no canon state, so it's still either plagued, occupied by Forsaken or empty depending on preference. Stromgarde and the non-Hammerfall parts of Arathi are also Alliance so in general there's a swing in favour of the Alliance as compared to pre-BFA.
    Gilneas is presumably Alliance controlled now, since the Alliance was intent on stopping Chief Plaguebringer Harris from launching a new bio-weapon on Gilneas during BfA and Warden Stillwater was raising undead to march against Gilneas. Meanwhile, the Horde attempted to stop Crowley, who was taking Gilnean fighters to destroy their undead raising operations; while this doesn't necessarily mean they were coming from Gilneas, the previous two missions support the implication. This must have happened during the leveling experience of BfA, since Elegy suggests Greymane doesn't hold claim to Gilneas during the War of Thorns.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Obviously blizz is never gonna delete a capital entirely so with the alliance win there who rules the place? Any resettling of human families there?
    Last I check, the Treehouse burned down and Pripyat is now a toxic waste land, and only way to revisit is time traveling. Either way its a bad deal no matter what.

To avoid dealing with it they wrote it so its basically destroyed.
    Presumably this will be addressed in 10.0 when we return.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Most Lordaeron citizens died and were forced to rez as undead against their will, but the holy of holiest alliance never saw any weak race has any right so they try to claim Lordaeron using the extreme minority left of actual living citizens, ignoring the overwhelming majority who are undead because who cares
    tldr: It should be undead
    Why because of the real world laws for land ownership? Its alliances by right of conquest.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    They havent “taken over”, they live there as refugees on shaky rights while horde druids still allowed there, its not a capital, its a UN refugee camp.
    What shaky rights? The night elfs have always owned hyjal you can see there dens and buildings all over as you quest through it.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Why because of the real world laws for land ownership? Its alliances by right of conquest.
    I think the total abandonment would contest that claim. Fleeing via magic and airship

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    What shaky rights? The night elfs have always owned hyjal you can see there dens and buildings all over as you quest through it.
    But during the Cataclysm, the Cenarion Circle's Guardians of Hyjal sub-group controlled Nordrassil, and allowed the Horde and especially tauren druids to travel there. Besides, why didn't the night elves move there right away, after the Burning of Teldrassil, if they truly owned the World Tree?
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    But during the Cataclysm, the Cenarion Circle's Guardians of Hyjal sub-group controlled Nordrassil, and allowed the Horde and especially tauren druids to travel there. Besides, why didn't the night elves move there right away, after the Burning of Teldrassil, if they truly owned the World Tree?
    The guardians we’re defending the tree from the molten front that doesn’t make it any less night elf land.

They also likely didn’t move to the tree right away because they were still fighting with the horde in bfa and wouldn’t be able to defend what civ’s they had left in hyjal and retake darkshore, saurfang even says that hyjal is one of the options to attack to weaken night elf control on Kalimdor but that Teldrassil is the more important target in a good war.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I think the total abandonment would contest that claim. Fleeing via magic and airship
    from the imediate city as it was plague bombed, what you expect them to ahng around lmao, after it disspates or is magiced away its theirs, ideally it would be cleared of the filth of its former inhabitants (actual filth not the inhabitants)