Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    I was left with the impression the Lightbound are made involuntarily (hence the 'bound' part). That's not something I see the Alliance supporting.
    Logically speaking post Fourth War Alliance should support anything that hurts the horde , harder it hurts - more support.

Lightbound are made involuntarily only from enemy material, ogres for example joined willingly and some orcs did too actually. Same goes for draenei.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    My money's on Turalyon still. If you want to bring up the whispers, he could easily be defined as the Light usurping the throne... but as with all whispers, grain of salt.

Unfortunately, the catalyst for why Turalyon would likely do so to some degree lies not in the game, but in the books. I think it was Shadows Rising where there's a moment where Anduin demonstrates Shadow influence, which has been hinted at since MoP and him playing with both Light and Shadow powers. If we're going full speculation mode here, I could easily see that Anduin gets freed from the Domination magic by letting himself succumb to the Void to some degree (as was also indicated by N'zoth implying such events being the only way to save us, as Void/Shadow supposedly can resist or even break Domination magic). However, considering how tied into the Light Turalyon is, Anduin being tained by the Void may not sit well with him... and his temporary occupation may turn into a usurpation. For all we know, he could be currying favor with the Stormwind nobles and get their political backing while we're all off gallivanting in the Shadowlands; such activities would make sense, as he's still trying to be acting 'king', and getting political backing from the nobles will just have been part of his job given to him by Anduin.

While Alleria may seem like a complication to this theory, there's a couple ways it could work (potentially in tandem). First, Alleria's relationship with Turalyon could just make him biased. Secondly, Alleria wouldn't technically be in a leadership position or vying for one, so there's less harm to the Alliance in his eyes. Thirdly, she's demonstrated her control and use over the influence of the Void back in Legion, where Anduin likely won't have a mentor nor way to control the influence as she did.

Again, all speculation, but it could work if done correctly.
    They wouldn't have included that moment of Shadow-infusion in the book if it wasn't going to be a factor in Anduin's future, so I think you're onto something here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Logically speaking post Fourth War Alliance should support anything that hurts the horde , harder it hurts - more support.

Lightbound are made involuntarily only from enemy material, ogres for example joined willingly and some orcs did too actually. Same goes for draenei.
    Still, it's only something I'd see Turalyon and likeminded people supporting, not the Alliance as a whole, definitely not Anduin, especially with his late experience with Domination magic.
    Last edited by Zuben; 2021-10-21 at 10:41 AM.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    They wouldn't have included that moment of Shadow-infusion in the book if it wasn't going to be a factor in Anduin's future, so I think you're onto something here.

- - - Updated - - -

Still, it's only something I'd see Turalyon and likeminded people supporting, not the Alliance as a whole, definitely not Anduin, especially with his late experience with Domination magic.
    Anduin can go die in the ditch, since his antics nearly costed Alliance Fourth War and also alienated night elves even further. He acts like Alliance is his pocket change he can give to local bully in return for not being flushed in the toilet.

All I'm going to say is that if Alleria "becomes a warmonger" then Azeroth is truly doomed.

The Sunwell and Quel'Thalas shall be the first to fall, and when the Void's full might is ushered in, the rest of Azeroth will follow.

The Vision of Stormwind already shows us what is going to happen to the Alliance if Alleria succumbs to the whispers. It shall be utterly obliterated.

So you all better pray to all the Gods that Alleria maintains her composure, or have people forgotten that she wields the power of a Dark Naaru?

Hence why it is very unlikely that Alleria will truly "snap" in the Canonical timeline. There would be no way to defeat her then, since she could very well usher in the coming of the entire might of the Void. The Vision of Stormwind already shows us what would happen then.

In fact, I'm convinced that the only reason why people think Alleria will become a villain is because she's Sylvanas' sister. But, when will people realize that Sylvanas was the black sheep/outlier of the Windrunners?
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-10-21 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    All I'm going to say is that if Alleria "becomes a warmonger" then Azeroth is truly doomed.

The Sunwell and Quel'Thalas shall be the first to fall, and when the Void's full might is ushered in, the rest of Azeroth will follow.

The Vision of Stormwind already shows us what is going to happen to the Alliance if Alleria succumbs to the whispers. It shall be utterly obliterated.

So you all better pray to all the Gods that Alleria maintains her composure, or have people forgotten that she wields the power of a Dark Naaru?

Hence why it is very unlikely that Alleria will truly "snap" in the Canonical timeline. There would be no way to defeat her then, since she could very well usher in the coming of the entire might of the Void. The Vision of Stormwind already shows us what would happen then.

In fact, I'm convinced that the only reason why people think Alleria will become a villain is because she's Sylvanas' sister. But, when will people realize that Sylvanas was the black sheep/outlier of the Windrunners?
    Role Playing is that way --->

Quote Originally Posted by Viconia View Post
    I'm afraid you got your directions wrong, that's the way to Blizzard Canon.

Since it's Canonically shown in an alternate reality that if Alleria and the Ren'dorei "succumb to the whispers" they'll annihilate all who oppose them in the Alliance.

Which in turn would also allow them to summon all kinds of Void creatures on Azeroth, as Magister Umbric was doing in the Vision.

I feel like it's been done to death. They should find other stories, such as the mysteries of the cosmos and maybe the Light fanatics of alternate draenor as more emotional conflicts.

Even better, they should ditch horde and alliance game segregetation and then we can have nelfs vs humans, dwarves vs orcs etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Stormwind and its people ARE villains. They never paid the Defias for rebuilding Stormwind, then slaugthered the Defias when they complained.
    Honestly looking how sloppy stormwind looks with all its stones random sizes and dimensions, with parapets of a single stone block that could probably be pushed, I'm guessing Stormwind was witholding payment till the defias got some actual masons.

With Anduin currently a prisoner its the perfect time to do a bait and switch dreadlord move for him. Any change in his character would easily be explained by him being enslaved for that long. Feeling like he is losing grip on what made him him. Nobody would expect Anduin to be the one to instigate a new war and shift everything. He is the perfect candidate currently in the perfect position to make a big plottwist with its reveal being a dreadlord.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Stormwind and its people ARE villains. They never paid the Defias for rebuilding Stormwind, then slaugthered the Defias when they complained.
    Somebody doesn't know about Onyxia, or that the Defias Brotherhood wasn't exactly about peaceful protesting

I'm afraid you got your directions wrong, that's the way to Blizzard Canon.

Since it's Canonically shown in an alternate reality that if Alleria and the Ren'dorei "succumb to the whispers" they'll annihilate all who oppose them in the Alliance.

Which in turn would also allow them to summon all kinds of Void creatures on Azeroth, as Magister Umbric was doing in the Vision.
    Except Horrific Visions weren't about any alternate anything. They were, as per their very description from 8.3 patch notes, N'Zoth showing us what he had in store for the future. And while the existence of N'Zoth's BS is itself canon, that doesn't make what he's shown us canon. It's almost as if his whole thing was mentally tormenting us so we'd lose hope or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Drynix View Post
    With Anduin currently a prisoner its the perfect time to do a bait and switch dreadlord move for him. Any change in his character would easily be explained by him being enslaved for that long. Feeling like he is losing grip on what made him him. Nobody would expect Anduin to be the one to instigate a new war and shift everything. He is the perfect candidate currently in the perfect position to make a big plottwist with its reveal being a dreadlord.
    I don't think Anduin is going to return to the Alliance. In my opinion, the detail that the House of Nobles supports Turalyon is evidence that Blizzard wants Turalyon to remain on the throne of Stormwind, they're setting up his unopposed reign. What is likely to happen is that Anduin himself will realize that he's too dangerous to lead a strong nation like Stormwind, and will go into exile to try and cleanse himself of Satan's energy; or alternatively he'll try to return to Stormwind, but the House of Nobles will reject him. Since the people of Stormwind despise those affected by the touch of Death [see the Death Knight player visiting Stormwind for the first time]. Plus I'm pretty sure, at least in the old Vanilla canon, that the House of Nobles actually has a lot of influence in the leadership of Stormwind and Varian often had to appease them because they are very influential.

So I think that Anduin isn't coming back and Turalyon will remain as the leader of both Stormwind and the Army of the Light, but he won't go evil. If they want a villainous Light organization, they already have Yrel and the Lightbound.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Somebody doesn't know about Onyxia, or that the Defias Brotherhood wasn't exactly about peaceful protesting
    They only killed the queen with a brick to the face during one of their riots... so all in all perfectly peaceful going by american standards

Jokes aside having more nobility giving the king a hard time could lead to interesting stories. Hopefully they won't just throw it on another shapeshifting infiltration unit again.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think Anduin is going to return to the Alliance. In my opinion, the detail that the House of Nobles supports Turalyon is evidence that Blizzard wants Turalyon to remain on the throne of Stormwind, they're setting up his unopposed reign. What is likely to happen is that Anduin himself will realize that he's too dangerous to lead a strong nation like Stormwind, and will go into exile to try and cleanse himself of Satan's energy; or alternatively he'll try to return to Stormwind, but the House of Nobles will reject him. Since the people of Stormwind despise those affected by the touch of Death [see the Death Knight player visiting Stormwind for the first time]. Plus I'm pretty sure, at least in the old Vanilla canon, that the House of Nobles actually has a lot of influence in the leadership of Stormwind and Varian often had to appease them because they are very influential.

So I think that Anduin isn't coming back and Turalyon will remain as the leader of both Stormwind and the Army of the Light, but he won't go evil. If they want a villainous Light organization, they already have Yrel and the Lightbound.
    Would be more interesting, if they had Anduin come back a stranger, in his own home clashing ideologically against Turalyon, who could be torn between the broader army of the light agenda and being an Azerothian, with attachments. That said i don't see him obstructing the golden boy for long, unfortunately

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Let both sides fight Yrel and her zealots then, it gives the Alliance a much-needed opportunity for reflection (The holy light being their main religion, seeing what getting overly fanatical leads to should give them pause), without having to villain-bat a player faction.
    ^This right here.

IOf we're following the normal recipe? It has to be an OG horde side and the figure in the highest position...

So lets look at the OG list of horde leaders. Lorthemar.... and that's it. Case closed. Next warmonger is Lorthemer Theron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    IOf we're following the normal recipe? It has to be an OG horde side and the figure in the highest position...

So lets look at the OG list of horde leaders. Lorthemar.... and that's it. Case closed. Next warmonger is Lorthemer Theron.
    Isn't he currently balls deep in Thalyssra?

Quote Originally Posted by sighy View Post
    They only killed the queen with a brick to the face during one of their riots... so all in all perfectly peaceful going by american standards

Jokes aside having more nobility giving the king a hard time could lead to interesting stories. Hopefully they won't just throw it on another shapeshifting infiltration unit again.

- - - Updated - - -

Would be more interesting, if they had Anduin come back a stranger, in his own home clashing ideologically against Turalyon, who could be torn between the broader army of the light agenda and being an Azerothian, with attachments. That said i don't see him obstructing the golden boy for long, unfortunately
    The House of Nobles as an institution holds great authority in Stormwind and they give their full support to Regent Turalyon. We also know that Anduin has been changed greatly by Satan's energy (which any living creature absolutely despises). I don't think he's going back on the throne of Stormwind for quite some time.

Turalyon is now pretty much the most influential leader on Azeroth. He is the REGENT OF STORMWIND (strongest kingdom on Azeroth), SUPREME COMMANDER OF THE ALLIANCE (strongest mortal faction on Azeroth), and LEADER OF THE ARMY OF THE LIGHT (intergalactic army of Light warriors). He's going to play a major role for sure. As an ally or as an enemy of Azeroth? As an ally, he'll be the first line of defense against a potential Lightbound invasion from the Dark Portal...
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-10-21 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Isn't he currently balls deep in Thalyssra?
    good point....

*goes off to write Theron getting cockblocked by Talanji/Anduin/Calia*

Good motivation to torch the world.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    good point....

*goes off to write Theron getting cockblocked by Talanji/Anduin/Calia*

Good motivation to torch the world.
    Wrath of Bob. Now there's an expansion.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

New Villain? Start building Spaceships and killing aliens on alien planets one by one. Or open a Dimension and fight an evil Warlord from another Dimension. Creativity is infinite yo. Only losers get stuck on lying about fantasies like Santa Clause when you have Legends of Trolls, Orcs, Elves, Unicorns, Fairies, Dragons, etc.