Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    played a beta test for this its not bad, shield combat was actually fun, its nice to see some games doing more with shields than just block block block. could be a back up game when others in maintenance mode or just need a break
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I... don't know. It was a reward from one of the first quests after you leave the tutorial, before you get to the first "town". I haven't really paid attention to that much honestly, I'm just swinging my hammer and hitting things in the face with my shield and mashing F a lot.
    I restarted a bunch of times to try all the classes. Haven't gotten to the first town yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I can see myself playing this for a few days. The last Eastern MMO I played was Bless, it's combat felt all over the place right from the jump. I can tell in my limited time playing I will enjoy this games combat more.
    I liked Bless' combat depending on class a lot. Enjoyed Bless for a few weeks. I agree this combat is overall more fluid.

Elyon could have just been Tera 2. I enjoyed Tera a lot. I went back to Tera a few times over the years just because beating up monsters is fun to do. This feels even better than Tera to me though.

Such a slick game so far. We had a lot of fun playing so far.

I loved Teras actual gameplay, tanking was more fun.

Yo, the first dungeon (solo dungeon) starts off with a little fuckin mine cart ride with jumps and everything. This game is absurd and I kinda love this.

Yo, the first dungeon (solo dungeon) starts off with a little fuckin mine cart ride with jumps and everything. This game is absurd and I kinda love this.
    You sonuva.. I'm going back in.

- - - Updated - - -

Yo, the tank class is dope as fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Goodness, there is a pokemon/pet battle system in here too?

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Goodness, there is a pokemon/pet battle system in here too?
    Wait what? WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS GAME EVEN.

I guess you start hitting PvP around level 30 or so. Got my clock cleaned by a roving group but didn't notice for a while since I was half paying attention fighting other things. Tank damage is definitely stupid low but constantly knocking them down and blocking a ton of their damage was hilarious.

I guess you start hitting PvP around level 30 or so. Got my clock cleaned by a roving group but didn't notice for a while since I was half paying attention fighting other things. Tank damage is definitely stupid low but constantly knocking them down and blocking a ton of their damage was hilarious.
    My son figured it out but I didn't see how he did it because I was downstairs. They are like the pets in FF14 battles I think?

This game is wild. And I love it.

Is the PvP optional?

15+ Year Old Account
    Ive played this game in the betas, man its aweful, textures are a sore on the eyes and it feels like a mobile game.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Is the PvP optional?
    Does not appear to be.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    From the knee-jerk vitriol on page one, to the positivity of people actually playing it on the current page lol Might as well give it a go.
    There's a deep seated hatred for Korean MMO's, and it's not entirely unearned historically. But seriously, the game is kinda silly fun, it's pretty, and it's...freakin wild. Just absolutely bonkers. It's like, a theme park theme park in some regards so far. Just avoid /r/MMORPG, apparently everyone there hasn't played the game but knows literally everything about it and it's P2W which means that the game is impossible for literally anyone to enjoy for any reason whatsoever.

It's worth checking out purely for the novelty of it, pretty graphics (if it runs well on your rig), and good combat. It's nothing amazing and I doubt I'll play it too long (or remotely seriously), but if you go in with no expectations you're bound to have a few pleasant surprises if the multitude of progression systems don't turn you off.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    From the knee-jerk vitriol on page one, to the positivity of people actually playing it on the current page lol Might as well give it a go.
    I mean, if this was a single player game i wouldn't have cared, but its an mmo that relies on other people playing and p2w asian mmos don't have the best track record for player retention. Gameplay wise it looks right up my alley, but i'm not going to get into it when i doubt the servers will be up for more than a year and the player base will be dead in a week or 2. There are just a ton of other games out right now where you don't have to worry about that
    Last edited by Video Games; 2021-10-22 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    There are just a ton of other games out right now where you don't have to worry about that
    While true, I wonder why one would be worried about games.

I never have enjoyed something more or less because I might not play it in three weeks or three days even. It seems an unnecessary concern. I mean, worry? About a pastime entertainment?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    While true, I wonder why one would be worried about games.

I never have enjoyed something more or less because I might not play it in three weeks or three days even. It seems an unnecessary concern. I mean, worry? About a pastime entertainment?
    Yes i worry about investing my limited time into a game that i don't have much faith will last long which is why i also don't play wow private servers

People play games very differently. A lot of people here seem like hardcore dilettantes moving between multiple games a week. But the core audience for most MMOs is more likely to include mono-gamers and/or folks who prefer to get really invested in one thing for a while.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

15+ Year Old Account
    Shortest MMO test ever.

Installed, created a character, logged in the game.

No invert mouse option found in settings. Googled, the game doesn't have one. Logout, uninstall.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Yes i worry about investing my limited time into a game that i don't have much faith will last long which is why i also don't play wow private servers
    If so press for time during your free time, which is somewhat bizarre as a concept, why would the future longevity of a thing be relevant? Like why wouldn't you be worried about not playing Monster Hunter World or Apex Legends for X amount of time at some future point?

If your time allotment is so strict it doesn't seem relevant or reasonable to make a distinction between single-player or multiple games either.

It's one thing to say you don't like a certain style or genre of game; or simply like other games (even in the same style or genre) more than this or that. Worrying about enjoying a game at some future point such that you never even start is somewhat irrational.

Seen people play it on twitch. Hard pass for me. Looks nothing out of the ordinary. Dunno why people get into these MMORPGs, the more or less look 100% the same each time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    i see this game could go the way of wildstar... where the servers got shut down due to the lack of players... waste of time to even spend the time on it if it could just go belly up and disappear...
    See no reason why it shouldnt. What differenciate this MMORPG from the other 12984371 asian centric games?

i see this game could go the way of wildstar... where the servers got shut down due to the lack of players... waste of time to even spend the time on it if it could just go belly up and disappear...
    For some, maybe. But if it shutters in 6 months it's not a huge loss for me, I'm not forming a relationship with the game and putting a ring on it. I'm just wasting some time having fun in a game I'm not seriously invested in. If I enjoy my time in the game, even if the game isn't long for the world, that's still time well spent IMO.

People are always looking at games, especially MMO's, like freakin relationships and it's weird.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    See no reason why it shouldnt. What differenciate this MMORPG from the other 12984371 asian centric games?
    Fun combat, FREAKIN MINE CART RIDE TO START A DUNGEON, and apparently pokemon of sorts. This is a pretty wild game, very much seems like a "theme park MMO theme park" in some regards. Just with force PvP flagging once you get outta the newbie zones.

It's nothing amazing, but it's kinda good silly fun.

What is the effective difference between spending say 40 hours playing a game whose servers go down in six months and playing 40 hours in a game you will never play again in six months?