Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    'True to their own conscience'. The word 'conscience' in DC is a slang term for bank balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    'True to their own conscience'. The word 'conscience' in DC is a slang term for bank balance.
    "I can respect those terrible people for being terrible people" is definitely not the argument Lieberman thinks it is.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    "I can respect those terrible people for being terrible people" is definitely not the argument Lieberman thinks it is.
    What's frustrating is that Manchin and Sinema seem completely oblivious to the fact that their behaviour will lead to a Red House/Senate in '22.

What's frustrating is that Manchin and Sinema seem completely oblivious to the fact that their behaviour will lead to a Red House/Senate in '22.
    There's no reason to think they're oblivious to that.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    They only care about money, its a common things in politics[just look up the net-worth of a bunch of them], but Sinema is probably the most blatant one i've seen in my life, and i'm not just talking about the US here. Why she would not just go for long game and instead just make sure she will be primaried, I don't know, maybe she just thinks she does not have the skills for the 'long game' like Manchin/Pelosi/McTurtle/any long-time R do?

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    There's no reason to think they're oblivious to that.
    Yeah, probably. I'm giving them too much credit.

Biden's support fading fast, as CNBC survey finds concerns on the economy, Covid and inflation

I don't know if you should do the; "the sky is falling" rant but with midterms that trend toward swinging to the opposition and Biden was the "not Trump" guy, this is not looking good. Idk how much I/we blame Biden or a Democrat controlled Congress on not passing shit. ATM I will say Manchin and Sinema holding any bold legislation hostage and watering anything down to it being just another bill is not helping. Yes, the bold part is killing the filibuster to really pass legislation.

The Dems still don't get it that the other party is not even going to compromise, yet they can't unite to pass legislation and will pay for it. Which brings me to my theory is they just want to be in power when people view its time for a change from the Republicans. The Dems play the passive, aggressive politics of let the Republicans screw up so badly that the American voter is forced to vote for us next election. Way we are going might not be too many elections or at least fair ones moving forward.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk how much I/we blame Biden or a Democrat controlled Congress on not passing shit
    There does seem to be a social media push with Sideshow Bob overtones: "Biden didn't instantly magically fix the massive problems Trump caused! Vote for Trump!"

Biden's support fading fast, as CNBC survey finds concerns on the economy, Covid and inflation

I don't know if you should do the; "the sky is falling" rant but with midterms that trend toward swinging to the opposition and Biden was the "not Trump" guy, this is not looking good. Idk how much I/we blame Biden or a Democrat controlled Congress on not passing shit. ATM I will say Manchin and Sinema holding any bold legislation hostage and watering anything down to it being just another bill is not helping. Yes, the bold part is killing the filibuster to really pass legislation.

The Dems still don't get it that the other party is not even going to compromise, yet they can't unite to pass legislation and will pay for it. Which brings me to my theory is they just want to be in power when people view its time for a change from the Republicans. The Dems play the passive, aggressive politics of let the Republicans screw up so badly that the American voter is forced to vote for us next election. Way we are going might not be too many elections or at least fair ones moving forward.
    I hate this country and the growing train wreck that it is just always keeps my thoughts on wanting to kill myself.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    I hate this country and the growing train wreck that it is just always keeps my thoughts on wanting to kill myself.
    No need to get that overwhelmed. We'll likely trade the Senate for the House in 2022, so no change really. 2024 I'm optimistic we can get someone a little stronger than Biden in.

Quote Originally Posted by Five members of Sen. Kyrsten Sinema’s Veterans Advisory Council
    “You have become one of the principal obstacles to progress, answering to big donors rather than your own people. We shouldn’t have to buy representation from you, and your failure to stand by your people and see their urgent needs is alarming,”

As members of your Veterans Advisory Council for years, we’re deeply concerned by your failure to acknowledge us or seek our input. Today, we feel as though we are merely given performative titles and used as window dressing for your own image—not as resources to provide counsel on what’s best for veterans.

Given your complete disregard for our input and your unwillingness to act on behalf of your constituents’ needs, we respectfully resign from your Veterans Advisory Council.”
    Sinema advisers resign, calling her one of the 'principal obstacles to progress'

They specifically cited various Democratic priorities that could be passed in the social spending bill, including curtailing rising drug prices, boosting employment and expanding health care. They also cite Democratic efforts to pass voting reforms in the face of GOP voter restrictions enacted in several states — an effort that has hit a brick wall in the Senate due to the filibuster.

Already, groups are forming in Arizona to recruit a primary challenger for when she’s up for reelection in 2024, with progressives eyeing Rep. Ruben Gallego to run against her in a state that has become an increasingly competitive battleground since Sinema’s election in 2018.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Sinema advisers resign, calling her one of the 'principal obstacles to progress'

They specifically cited various Democratic priorities that could be passed in the social spending bill, including curtailing rising drug prices, boosting employment and expanding health care. They also cite Democratic efforts to pass voting reforms in the face of GOP voter restrictions enacted in several states — an effort that has hit a brick wall in the Senate due to the filibuster.

Already, groups are forming in Arizona to recruit a primary challenger for when she’s up for reelection in 2024, with progressives eyeing Rep. Ruben Gallego to run against her in a state that has become an increasingly competitive battleground since Sinema’s election in 2018.
    I think her plan is to switch parties to keep the grift going. The other side is easier to fleece, but she had to achieve celebrity status first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    I think her plan is to switch parties to keep the grift going. The other side is easier to fleece, but she had to achieve celebrity status first.
    They will see her as an 'evil commie lib', so no chance.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    I'm not so sure; I think she'll play the victimhood card and they'll eat it up like Candace Owens. She'll "see the light" cause Democrats were "so mean to her" because she "stood for justice" or something. #walkaway

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    When she has her moment of clarity, is born again, has her Come to Donald moment...they'll embrace her for having seen the light.
    Her seat won't hurt either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    When she has her moment of clarity, is born again, has her Come to Donald moment...they'll embrace her for having seen the light.
    Her seat won't hurt either.
    Won't happen. She voted to convict trump, not once, but twice. Donald won't embrace, man never let's go of a grudge. She'll never be embraced by the cult because Donald will never embrace her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Won't happen. She voted to convict trump, not once, but twice. Donald won't embrace, man never let's go of a grudge. She'll never be embraced by the cult because Donald will never embrace her.
    This.

Even if Sinema and Manchin decided to jump ship, it ultimately wouldn't change the political calculus very much. Neither are electable without Democratic Party support and it's not like we don't already rely on independents for a Senate majority. If anything, Manchin leaking that nonsense about how he's considering leaving the Party (leak and deny, no less) is a sign that the pressure is getting to him.

Personally, I side with the Progressive Caucus on this. Either both bills pass, or neither do; we should not be handing Manchin and Sinema any sort of win or even a dime in earmarks unless they capitulate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's go Brandon
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Pony Soldier View Post
    Let's go Brandon
    Not surprising you are delusional after the bullshit you have posted today.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Nah. To keep up the grift, she'd have to stay a Dem. If she switches, she'd probably just be another run-of-the-mill GOP dumbass. As it is, she's only notable because she's a Democrat who is behaving like a run-of-the-mill GOP dumbass.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-10-22 at 07:27 AM.