Thread: Genshin Impact

Playing the music games in Genshin on pc be like

Finally got round to doing the music thing myself and sad that it is alot easier than the first one they did.
    100%ed all of them within a few tries except the Xiao one for some reason that took me about 10 minutes of resetting with each miss.

Ive found it helps a lot to wheel my chair back from my usual sitting position to have a better view of both.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomelus View Post

Add to this pain in fingers, after xiao song i was like ....."I feel some kind of power" 4000+ points on pro.... what i become.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Add to this pain in fingers, after xiao song i was like ....."I feel some kind of power" 4000+ points on pro.... what i become.
    Thank god I play with an xbox joystick LOL

This is what's like on a 32:9 screen
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

5+ Year Old Account
    Dumb me was happy to pass Xiao song as hardest, just you wait for Raiden song.... shit gonna lit my finger IJKL-IJKL in same second.
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Why not use a controller for that? It's pretty easy with my xbox controller on PC.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Dumb me was happy to pass Xiao song as hardest, just you wait for Raiden song.... shit gonna lit my finger IJKL-IJKL in same second.
    Pro mode not worth my time, i'm not a progressive rock keyboard player
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Why not use a controller for that? It's pretty easy with my xbox controller on PC.
    I actually play with an xbox controller, still doesn't make it any less cross-eyed to follow.

The new event is cool ngl, I like roguelike games and seems to be interesting.

If we can get a spammable one with rewards for endgame content in the future it's gonna be *chef's kiss*
    Last edited by Gomelus; 2021-10-21 at 05:33 PM.

New computer just arrived. Went from playing on the lowest graphic settings on a laptop to the highest on a super wide monitor without breaking a sweat. It's just beautiful.

Also, did some math. Think I could earn 5000 primogems before the Hu Tao banner ends?

5+ Year Old Account
    New even cool and dandy, but damn god that timegate thing so boring, you want to play - play if you don't want then not play it ..... and people who afraid of spoilers going to spoiler threads and reddit leaks and then "Why no spoiler tag?" like ffs do not read spoilers to not be spoiled.

I actually play with an xbox controller, still doesn't make it any less cross-eyed to follow.

The new event is cool ngl, I like roguelike games and seems to be interesting.

If we can get a spammable one with rewards for endgame content in the future it's gonna be *chef's kiss*
    Yeah i think it's funny that they managed to make Torghast but in good in a throwaway event.
    But yes i'd like a permanent version, too, this is much more fun than the abyss imo.

Just wondering what did you guys find fun about the event? The charms are entirely useless and the whole "dungeon" amounts to shift+W and left clicks. It was about as interesting and challenging as clearing 10 ley lines in a row or farming materials, except with less mob variety. Also, at least you can admire the views when doing ley lines, while going through exactly the same chambers and corridors ad infinitum is just uninspiring to say the least (and yes, I know it's supposed to be a labyrinth, but it doesn't make it any more fun). Unless the next levels have difficulty scaling, I can already say it's a garbage boring event.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Just wondering what did you guys find fun about the event? The charms are entirely useless and the whole "dungeon" amounts to shift+W and left clicks. It was about as interesting and challenging as clearing 10 ley lines in a row or farming materials, except with less mob variety. Also, at least you can admire the views when doing ley lines, while going through exactly the same chambers and corridors ad infinitum is just uninspiring to say the least (and yes, I know it's supposed to be a labyrinth, but it doesn't make it any more fun). Unless the next levels have difficulty scaling, I can already say it's a garbage boring event.
    It lacks puzzles that are generaly part of this dungeon system.
    Like Ever Oasis did (who also switches characters like genshin).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Yeah i think it's funny that they managed to make Torghast but in good in a throwaway event.
    But yes i'd like a permanent version, too, this is much more fun than the abyss imo.
    My thoughts exactly, I had such high expectations for Torghast when they announced it like a roguelike... unfortunate.

The charms are useless because the event, at least the first dungeon, is EXTREMELY easy. Remember these stuff is always catered to the casual of the casual, so they can get all the rewards. The only exception I can think of is the Vagabond event and the one that came before it that was similar, because that shit was hard to get all the rewards, but even still you could do it coop and get carried.
    The concept is the thing I like, if they can manage to make a procedurally generated dungeon it could be really fun as a permanent addition for endgame content. I do agree with Yunru tho, right now is lacking puzzles and minigames to solve in chambers, instead of doing almost everything combat-oriented. That would be amazing.

Just a reminder (and that doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer it if it were different)

Events in gacha games are 90% shit-tier.

But I see potential in this system, as others have mentioned, when it comes in a more challenging variant.
    Just like how the first boss challenge-event was pretty 'blargh'-boring, the 2nd boss challenge event was fun for me.

But who knows how far they'll eventually go and how far they are *willing* to go. The Towerdefence event for example, if they go even further and do more for it, could turn into an actual tower-defence game.

Remove the tower limit would be the next step for me.
    I enjoy the card system and the elemental reactions, I dislike how you can basically only build 2 variants at once though.

The mini-games-event was pretty fun in co-op as well, at least some of them were. That as well should get an overhaul and improvements, especially in terms of mini-game-complexity. Make a stage similar to "American Ninja Warrior" for example.
    Something where you get thrown around, take damage, fall into a pit and all that stuff.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-10-22 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Just a reminder (and that doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer it if it were different)

Events in gacha games are 90% shit-tier.

But I see potential in this system, as others have mentioned, when it comes in a more challenging variant.
    Just like how the first boss challenge-event was pretty 'blargh'-boring, the 2nd boss challenge event was fun for me.

But who knows how far they'll eventually go and how far they are *willing* to go. The Towerdefence event for example, if they go even further and do more for it, could turn into an actual tower-defence game.

Remove the tower limit would be the next step for me.
    I enjoy the card system and the elemental reactions, I dislike how you can basically only build 2 variants at once though.

The mini-games-event was pretty fun in co-op as well, at least some of them were. That as well should get an overhaul and improvements, especially in terms of mini-game-complexity. Make a stage similar to "American Ninja Warrior" for example.
    Something where you get thrown around, take damage, fall into a pit and all that stuff.
    The tower defense was vastly improved from its first iteration imo. You could go whatever build you wanted and it would work if you had the right cards, it was really cool.
    Which minigames event are you talking about? The one you had to run down a hall dodging bubbles or stay on the platforms that don't fall off?

The tower defense was vastly improved from its first iteration imo. You could go whatever build you wanted and it would work if you had the right cards, it was really cool.
    Which minigames event are you talking about? The one you had to run down a hall dodging bubbles or stay on the platforms that don't fall off?
    Ya it was vastly improved from the first one, I enjoyed it, but you were more or less in the card-screen 24/7 and didn't actually build a lot of stuff.
    You don't have enough tower placements for something diverse.
    So I swirled everything to death basically as Pyro was basically never hitting anything for me.

Yes, the platform thingy/dodging bubbles.

It was really tame the way they implemented it.
    But if they go nuts on the mechanics it can be really fun.
    Like Mario Party.

That one stage where you had to grab plumes(?) and dodge AoE effects for example.
    Make it so that it goes *super* nuts at 1 minute. And the player who got more plumes wins.
    Stuff like that, basically.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-10-22 at 01:17 PM.

The charms are useless because the event, at least the first dungeon, is EXTREMELY easy. Remember these stuff is always catered to the casual of the casual, so they can get all the rewards. The only exception I can think of is the Vagabond event and the one that came before it that was similar, because that shit was hard to get all the rewards, but even still you could do it coop and get carried.
    The concept is the thing I like, if they can manage to make a procedurally generated dungeon it could be really fun as a permanent addition for endgame content. I do agree with Yunru tho, right now is lacking puzzles and minigames to solve in chambers, instead of doing almost everything combat-oriented. That would be amazing.
    Of course casuals have to be able to clear it and get all of the substantial rewards, but all or basically all previous events did have difficulty scaling. I just don't understand how it was possible for Mihoyo to not add it this time. I agree the labirynth itself may have some potential as a new end-game content (though I sincerely doubt Mihoyo would be able to make it procedurally generated), but right now I'm judging it for what it is, not what it could potentially turn out to be at an unspecified point in time, and it's half-assed at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Ya it was vastly improved from the first one, I enjoyed it, but you were more or less in the card-screen 24/7 and didn't actually build a lot of stuff.
    You don't have enough tower placements for something diverse.
    So I swirled everything to death basically as Pyro was basically never hitting anything for me.

Yes, the platform thingy/dodging bubbles.

It was really tame the way they implemented it.
    But if they go nuts on the mechanics it can be really fun.
    Like Mario Party.

That one stage where you had to grab plumes(?) and dodge AoE effects for example.
    Make it so that it goes *super* nuts at 1 minute. And the player who got more plumes wins.
    Stuff like that, basically.
    I think I read somewhere in the leaks reddit that they're planning to add a parkour minigame you can put if your teapot and play with your friends, so that could be a start.

Of course casuals have to be able to clear it and get all of the substantial rewards, but all or basically all previous events did have difficulty scaling. I just don't understand how it was possible for Mihoyo to not add it this time. I agree the labirynth itself may have some potential as a new end-game content (though I sincerely doubt Mihoyo would be able to make it procedurally generated), but right now I'm judging it for what it is, not what it could potentially turn out to be at an unspecified point in time, and it's half-assed at best.
    I'm expecting for the next few ones to be harder, maybe this one was tame because it was linked to the quest, so everyone could easily finish it. The tower defense event had the same progression, the first levels were always easier.