What I WOULD love to see is the Sepulcher raid leading into us either going to Azeroth itself or having Azeroth be pulled to the Sepulcher from a massive tear in Reality, and we basically battle Zovaal with Azeroth behind us.

That would be cool asf to see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Maybe the Sepulcher is at the very core of the planet. Or maybe it's in a totally different plane and Azeroth is as you said, just what keeps reality together.
    Nah, that imo seems too generic. Besides, wouldn’t Azeroth itself, and Magni by extension, take note of it? I think the Sepulcher and the Realm of the First Ones are separate, hell I want them to be separate. 8.3 was on Azeroth, and that patch was uninspired as fuck. I don’t want another final patch there. It’s lazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Like, when I say the Sepulcher and Zereth Mortis need to be forbidden, I want them to be FORBIDDEN! Like I want them to be actual areas in the Cosmos we have no info about, I want them to be their own thing with their own creative design. Imagine seeing the First Ones’ architecture and geometry in its prime! Imagine going to vaults within the Sepulcher of each Cosmic Power with First One areas and Magic’s all around them. That would be so fucking sweet.

Azeroth can be the other MAIN focus, but I don’t want it to be the main main area of 9.2. 9.0’s prepatch was on Northrend as the MAIN area, and 8.0 was literally all Azeroth already.

- - - Updated - - -

Don’t you guys think it’s time we see what the First Ones are truly capable of?

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    Edit: to claeify, what transpires form the SL trailer and the short story is the Jailer boosting Sylvanas and Bolvar noth while he should have weakened Bolvar to ensure an easy and fast win for Sylvanas
    At that point, who won didn't matter to Jailer. If Bolvar won, Jailer would have reqained control of Lich King and Scourge, and could've used them as originally planned. Sylvanas was originally the plan B that got to play out in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    I wonder how many people actually care about tier sets for the set bonus component over the class-designed armor. I feel like if they just brought the armor back without the bonuses, there wouldn't be much fuss.
    I'm one of these, tier bonuses never interested me as much as the various armor designs, but I'm a transmog enthusiast so I'm biased in that way.

I also never really understood Blizzard's reasoning that the new, class-agnostic sets being raid-themed were somehow different. Tier sets have long been themed after the raids (starting roughly in WotLK by my recollection).

Anyway, in regards to Zereth Mortis, one thing I saw mentioned a long while back was the idea of it relating to Azeroth somehow due to similarity in names. "Zereth" just needs to have two letters changed (well, one added and one changed) to become Azeroth. Zereth is a biblical name meaning "perplexity", which itself means "an entangled state." And Azeroth sure does strike me as entangled in a lot of shit. I could see the name Azeroth mutating from being "A Zereth", if there are several Zereth-s.

That said, I suspect Zereth Mortis is not on Azeroth, though they are likely related in some way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Zereth is a biblical name meaning "perplexity", which itself means "an entangled state."
    Lol, i brought that up ages ago.
    It was meant to poke fun at Blizzards storytelling, not be an actual idea.

They already established that 'Zereth' means Keystone or Cornerstone in First One language (aka Latin, but dIffeRenT), as per the grimoire.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-10-22 at 12:04 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Lol, i brought that up ages ago.
    It was meant to poke fun at Blizzards storytelling, not be an actual idea.

They already established that 'Zereth' means Keystone or Cornerstone in First One language (aka Latin, but dIffeRenT), as per the grimoire.
    Might've been you I heard it from then!

True, but I can still see it working, minus the "perplexity" angel. Azeroth being a keystone/cornerstone, a Zereth, Azeroth, etc.

But this is Blizzard we're talking about so maybe I'm expecting too much.

7+ Year Old Account
    Apparently, the loosening of covenant restrictions on transmog only applies to the 9.0 sets and not the 9.1 cosmetics.

That is beyond disappointing.

Formerly known as Arafal

Apparently, the loosening of covenant restrictions on transmog only applies to the 9.0 sets and not the 9.1 cosmetics.

Really? Man, Blizzard is really making it difficult to be excited for anything in this patch, as every little thing comes with a caveat..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Might've been you I heard it from then!

True, but I can still see it working, minus the "perplexity" angel. Azeroth being a keystone/cornerstone, a Zereth, Azeroth, etc.

But this is Blizzard we're talking about so maybe I'm expecting too much.
    Expect too much? No, you'd be expecting little as fuck then if you think Azeroth is what they meant in regards to Zereth Mortis.

I want actual new areas. I don't want Azeroth to be the center of attention for the 90th time these last 3 expacs. It can be part of the Sepulcher raid, sure. And it can be a part of 9.2, but I want new stuff. I want to see the First Ones' architecture and landscape in full glory. You see GLIMMERS of it in Korthia and in the SoD raid. Hell, you fight a Guardian of the First Ones and learn about the Sepulcher Cyphers. I want to see more of that.

- - - Updated - - -

I do want to "return" home in a way also, but I want it to make sense. Have Zovaal come for Azeroth's Soul AFTER gaining the knowledge of the Sepulcher. I wanna see the Heroes save Azeroth and the Cosmos, and slam Zovaal at the Sepulcher using the knowledge of the First Ones against the Banished One. Would be cool as fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

"Your efforts have helped the covenants remember their sacred purpose. The new sigils they have manifested will allow me to forge a key to follow Zovaal to the land of the First Ones."

Why would the Primus need a key for this land if the land is Azeroth?

- - - Updated - - -

I LOVE how ancient the Guardian looks and sounds here. The voice of the things helping him also sound ancient asf, and it's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Expect too much? No, you'd be expecting little as fuck then if you think Azeroth is what they meant in regards to Zereth Mortis.

I want actual new areas. I don't want Azeroth to be the center of attention for the 90th time these last 3 expacs. It can be part of the Sepulcher raid, sure. And it can be a part of 9.2, but I want new stuff. I want to see the First Ones' architecture and landscape in full glory. You see GLIMMERS of it in Korthia and in the SoD raid. Hell, you fight a Guardian of the First Ones and learn about the Sepulcher Cyphers. I want to see more of that.

- - - Updated - - -

I do want to "return" home in a way also, but I want it to make sense. Have Zovaal come for Azeroth's Soul AFTER gaining the knowledge of the Sepulcher. I wanna see the Heroes save Azeroth and the Cosmos, and slam Zovaal at the Sepulcher using the knowledge of the First Ones against the Banished One. Would be cool as fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

"Your efforts have helped the covenants remember their sacred purpose. The new sigils they have manifested will allow me to forge a key to follow Zovaal to the land of the First Ones."

Why would the Primus need a key for this land if the land is Azeroth?
    Go back and read my post before the one you quoted. I don't expect Zereth Mortis to be Azeroth at all, merely related due to the name thing (which was based off a little poking fun Arafel did). I fully expect Zereth Mortis to be elsewhere. My thought is more that there are several "Zereths", one of which may be Azeroth (if nothing else, it'd give a reason why damn near everything seems to converge on the world).

I also like this. "The stars are mine. The Tools of Creation...at my command". Would also fit the idea that the Architects came the same time the Primals came, and the Architects forged their forces together to make a framework, creating everything.

Also "The stars are mine" does fit with this datamined Xmog set that's supposedly for the shop.

- - - Updated - - -

Go back and read my post before the one you quoted. I don't expect Zereth Mortis to be Azeroth at all, merely related due to the name thing (which was based off a little poking fun Arafel did). I fully expect Zereth Mortis to be elsewhere. My thought is more that there are several "Zereths", one of which may be Azeroth (if nothing else, it'd give a reason why damn near everything seems to converge on the world).
    Okay, fair.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I'll be honest, i'd be completely unsurprised if that just turns out to be a dev faffing about with the textures and nothing comes of it.
    That is likely exactly what's going on. A simple CTRL-S would likely trigger updates like this as the map hasn't been touched for a long time and doesn't have the new minimap resolutions or level of detail updates. The new files not being referenced is the weird part as that is usually just as automated. Might just be a simple mistake or an attempt at doing some minor updates for timewalking.

Part of me hopes it's an oversight.

But it's Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

But it's Blizzard.
    I guess it could be something that is supposed to work for old content, not current. So once 9.2 comes out the 9.1 cosmetics will be account wide and the 9.2 stuff will be locked
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account

But it's Blizzard.
    It better be.
    Getting the 9.1 Kyrian set on my priest (who's NF) is one of the few things that made me actually want to bother with this patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I guess it could be something that is supposed to work for old content, not current. So once 9.2 comes out the 9.1 cosmetics will be account wide and the 9.2 stuff will be locked
    That would be completely stupid and unnecessary.

But 'stupid and unnecessary' pretty much describes Blizzards design philosophy, so who knows?

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Personal opinion: I really hope they save the return to Azeroth for 10.0 rather than forcing it into 9.2. We already saw in 8.3 what revisiting old zones seems to be on a patch level, they become glorified daily areas that feel out of place once the patch content is complete. To do something like that to Icecrown would feel a bit out of place IMO.

Maybe a fight or two in a part of ICC, but otherwise save the Azeroth return for the next expansion or the 10.0 prepatch.

It better be.
    Getting the 9.1 Kyrian set on my priest (who's NF) is one of the few things that made me actually want to bother with this patch.

That would be completely stupid and unnecessary.

But 'stupid and unnecessary' pretty much describes Blizzards design philosophy, so who knows?
    It would be dumb, especially with freely swappable covenants, but I guess it makes sense for Blizzard to want each covenant to have some individuality until at least the expansion ends.
    After all, if Blizzard gives players some extremely distinctive weapon for each covenant or something in 9.2 it would slightly undercut any possible covenant pride thing they might want to end things on.

But yeah, it is pretty dumb. I don't really care that much for any specific covenant themes cosmetic in 9.1, but I can see it being annoying if you were looking forward to some specific cosmetic set or combo being available freely.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Covenant pride is pretty stupid anyways since there's no reason for us to swear to just one anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Oh look a new zero effort fake leak from 4chan: https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread...ave-a-wow-leak
    >Mage Tower is intended to use FOMO to stop people leaving for FFXIV's new expansion
    >9.2 is not expected to be ready till February 2022
    >This in part is due to Shadowlands being cut dramatically short and 9.2 is the wrap up patch
    >Final content patch is focussed on the Jailor travelling to azeroth and in a reference to Arthas marching on the sunwell has anduin lead his mawsworm from icecrown down through borean tundra and across the sea to kalimdor to head to the heart chamber in silithus
    >Azeorth isn't a "titan egg" as fans theorised but one of the life analogues to the death pantheon the first ones put in place to maintain order
    >The events of legion up to and including the sword stabbing moment was part of Zorvals plan to crack open the heart to consume azeroth and fuse. Becoming a fusion of life and death with "both sides of the scale" which will somehow allow him to rewrite reality ala thanos and the infinity gauntlet
    >Molten Front style zone in Borean Tundra called "The Ossian Redoubt" where the combined forces of the covenants have followed through the breach above Icecrown to hold back the forces of the maw to give you time to combat Zorval
    >Across Kalimdor portals open bringing in chains of domination to blight the land in reference to the old scourge invasions and act like the legion and alliance/horde world quests
    >The worldsoul is broken and Magni takes her place
    >With Zorvals death the arbiter is missing and souls need sorting so a redeemed sylvanas -after the events of her novel- take her place
    >Covenant ranks increased to 120
    >2 legendary's can be equipped
    >Venthyr and Kyrian Allied Races being rushed out but were not on the drawing board till the panic set in.

“World soul is broken so Magni takes her place”

Instantly knew this was fake.

If 9.2 ends up the last patch and they concentrate their efforts in 10.0 i could see the daily hub being old zones like northrend with maybe zereth mortis and the sepulcher being instanced as maybe part raid part dungeon combination similar to ahn qiraj or ny'alotha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    “World soul is broken so Magni takes her place”

Instantly knew this was fake.
    Yeah i agree there this makes so little sense its like arbiter sylvanas but even worse.