Poll: Was Aggra a good or interesting character?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    She was created because:

1) Mrs. Metzen wanted and got her own self-insert.

2) Metzen wanted to clamp down on the Thrall and Jaina jokes/rumors/etc. Considering how Thrall was his self-insert and the tendency for Blizz to leak personal lives into their games (especially now in retrospect it's obvious), I can't help but wonder if Jaina was modeled on an ex-girlfriend or someone else Mrs. Metzen was jealous of.
    Who cares, everything in games is inspired by real life or some form of media, everything creative is a derivitave of something else that inspired it. All origional inspirarion was from drugs/nature or both.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by scubi666stacy View Post
    No thanks, we don't need more of the "beautiful and skillful woman falls for an ugly man" trope.
    Thrall deserves Aggra.
    "Ugly man", you say. There are tons of ladies out there that find Thrall hot as hell, especially with the long flowing hair and the bare-chested look he's recently started sporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    She was alright in the Cataclysm quest where Thrall was divided into four elements or something. In any other case I've never like her and particularly hate her insistence of using Go'el when referring to Thrall. It's a dumb name.
    It really is. That they claim it was his original intended name is grating because A) It had never been mentioned before, but whatever, B) is completely unlike any other orc name and C) Is basically the same name as effing Superman's dad, Jor'el.

All she did plot-wise, was be female, tell him to stop caring about the Horde and magically appear in the Deathwing defeat cinematic to reveal she was pregnant.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    C) Is basically the same name as effing Superman's dad, Jor'el.
    Not forgetting Superman's Kryptonian name is Kal'El.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    It really is. That they claim it was his original intended name is grating because A) It had never been mentioned before, but whatever, B) is completely unlike any other orc name and C) Is basically the same name as effing Superman's dad, Jor'el.
    It was mentioned before Cata in TBC. Its a horde only quest in nagrand, so if you weren't horde at the time you completely missed it. And it was a one-off mention so even if you were horde it was easy to forget.
    Last edited by Myradin; 2021-10-22 at 01:59 PM.

As an Alliance player, Aggra kind of appeared out of nowhere, got pregnant at the end of Cata and was ~~never seen or heard from again~~.

Aggra was never developed as a character in-game. I haven't read the novel she was in unfortunately, so she's barely a character at all. I'd love to see her actually do something, that would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Was ANY character post-WotLK?
    Well, most of Pandaria had good characters and good writing, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I'd agree.
    At least the stuff I did there was pretty good, I wasn't a vivid raider in MoP.

Klaxxi stuff was amazing though.

Aggra in-game feels unimportant, a thread title asking if Imperator Mar'gok was a good character would have the same meaning to me.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-10-22 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Aggra was never developed as a character in-game. I haven't read the novel she was in unfortunately, so she's barely a character at all. I'd love to see her actually do something, that would be nice.
    From what I recall she has slightly more character in the book. The problem is she's not her own character without Thrall. Even where she has her own independance and ideals from thrall, they exist because they want to teach thrall another perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I'd agree.
    At least the stuff I did there was pretty good, I wasn't a vivid raider in MoP.

Klaxxi stuff was amazing though.

Aggra in-game feels unimportant, a thread title asking if Imperator Mar'gok was a good character would have the same meaning to me.
    At least Mar'gok had that sort of power-struggle thing going on between his Empire and the Iron Horde, not to mention retroactive relevance via Chronicle. Can't say the same for Aggra

She's a nothing, token love-interest of a character. I actually forgot she existed until I saw this tread title.

It really just should have been Jaina if they were gonna do it. Why the fuck not? It made a million times more sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

7+ Year Old Account
    Her sole character trait is being Thralls baby maker.

So no, she is neither good nor interesting.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    At least Mar'gok had that sort of power-struggle thing going on between his Empire and the Iron Horde, not to mention retroactive relevance via Chronicle. Can't say the same for Aggra

Yeah but you don't see that much of it IN WoW.
    A little, yes.
    A bit through the raid and so on. But it's not nearly as fleshed out as other characters are in this game.

WoW has a big issue with character development inside the game itself.
    All the important bits happen in books. To the point where people can't actually tell "wtf is happening"

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Boring and literally only added because People kept wanting a Thrall/Jaina relationship and this was their way of basically nullifying it.

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    What do most people here think about Aggra - Thrall's Mag'har orc wife from Outland, who first appeared in that pre-Cataclysm novel, The Shattering, trying to help him find out what was wrong about the elements? Do you think she is an interesting, well-developed and compelling character, as a female orc and a shaman? Is she and Thrall a good couple, in hindsight - and what exactly do you like or dislike about her?

[IMG]https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/small/845234.jpg[iMG]

Just in case some people forgot who she was, this was her dialogue with Thrall during the Twilight of the Aspects novel:
    Is she compelling as she is? Not really. Could they develop her into a compelling character? Sure.

Thrall meets her while he's on vacation, during garrosh's reign, and all of that story occurs off screen.

And i don't think that her only being the mother of thrall's children is necessarily a bad thing. But they can still do something with her.

The story leaving Azeroth again is getting lame. Hopefully we can stop planet hopping and focus on the actual world of Warcraft.

5+ Year Old Account
    Thrall is a disgusting Metzen self-insert, and Aggra only doubles down on it, so no.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    qft.

MoP was prolly the BEST expansion every for how it developed tertiary characters that weren't faction leaders.

shame most people got an ook for a head and only remember the Kung Fu panda and monkey people

Let's just say that there was a period of time between when Aggra was introduced, and when I started despising Thrall as a grating obvious creator's pet, when I wished they'd hooked Thrall up with Gorgonna from Conquest Hold. (I didn't regret the waste of Zaela as an entire character until later; but that's its own story) Aggra is scarcely a distinct character; and what little there is to her is only marginally less grating than Thrall.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacia Ultan View Post
    Let's just say that there was a period of time between when Aggra was introduced, and when I started despising Thrall as a grating obvious creator's pet, when I wished they'd hooked Thrall up with Gorgonna from Conquest Hold. (I didn't regret the waste of Zaela as an entire character until later; but that's its own story) Aggra is scarcely a distinct character; and what little there is to her is only marginally less grating than Thrall.
    Jesus christ man, what even happened to Gorgonna?