Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Servers are usually fine, but this league seems to be a lot more popular. Hopefully, they can handle all the players, but I don't worry about that too much. Taking a nap now and going for a 16-hour session. Let's go.
    21K queue and still almost 2 hours until the league is even live, kek.

Oh well, I don't mind working on league launch day since it keeps me otherwise occupied while the servers are hit hardest. I'm not even super into this league or my current starter (storm brand occultist) so if servers shit themselves all day or the queue remains I can wait. Not gonna play this league super hard at this stage, just casual dicking around for now.

guess ill be fucking lame and go storm/penance brand ughhhh

i just wanted to hear the new templar voicelines for part 2
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    guess ill be fucking lame and go storm/penance brand ughhhh

i just wanted to hear the new templar voicelines for part 2
    Those were added last league, yeah? I think I remember hearing some new voice lines but not really paying attention to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Granted that's maybe more of a "don't play a new skill, you idiot" problem, but I'm still chuffed about that.
    It's definitely a PoE problem. The game promises huge build flexibility. Half the fun would be experimenting with all the possibilities, but 90% of those possibilities suck and require huge amounts of resource investments JUST to figure that out. No thanks. I want a mode for the game where it's just build crafting and testing.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    It's definitely a PoE problem. The game promises huge build flexibility. Half the fun would be experimenting with all the possibilities, but 90% of those possibilities suck and require huge amounts of resource investments JUST to figure that out. No thanks. I want a mode for the game where it's just build crafting and testing.
    A target dummy of some kind to put in the hideout would be neat. Could put multiples with different levels of health/resistances to stimulate aoe and single target dmg. You won't see the numbers but could guage how fast you are killing things.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    I want a mode for the game where it's just build crafting and testing.
    This is the anti-Chris vision, and we'll literally never get it. We'd get things too easily and quit! There'd be no challenge! No retention!

Please play his masochist league instead, the game as it was always intended to be. /s

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    A target dummy of some kind to put in the hideout would be neat.
    With PoB it's not even really needed, since you can literally create your own character with all the custom gear you want and see the actual damage numbers (since in-game tooltip is useless and there's no real way to tell performance on a dummy). It's why PoB is jokingly considered the "real game" sometimes, since folks spend huge amounts of time theorycrafting builds out in there to see if they're even worth trying in-game to begin with.

Can confirm I play POB as much as I play POE.

A POB update is just as hot as a POE update to me and a large number of the community.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    A target dummy of some kind to put in the hideout would be neat. Could put multiples with different levels of health/resistances to stimulate aoe and single target dmg. You won't see the numbers but could guage how fast you are killing things.
    Honestly I’d kill for just some useful tooltip/menu info instead of the trash dps they give us.

I mean I haven’t made a minion build in a while but I think they still give you no info about how much damage they do which is wild.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

21K queue and still almost 2 hours until the league is even live, kek.
    Was killing Hillock a couple minutes ago... then got DC's, back to the end of the 55k queue.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

DC in town, 29k in queue. Atleast I finally picked build that i wanna stick it for some time, no need to think anymore for starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    DC in town, 29k in queue. Atleast I finally picked build that i wanna stick it for some time, no need to think anymore for starter.
    I dc'ed twice now, but you are back in within 5 minutes. So not that big of a deal.

Looks like another launch I am happy to be skipping. I'll try the new league in a couple of days when things have calmed down.
    (and when its easier to steal a meta build to carry my noob ass)
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Looks like another launch I am happy to be skipping. I'll try the new league in a couple of days when things have calmed down.
    (and when its easier to steal a meta build to carry my noob ass)
    Working fine for the last 30 minutes now. They had to disable chat I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching Bahroo play is giving me the itch to play again.

Which means getting to maps, getting bored, and not playing for 4-5 leagues.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

I kinda dig that you can dip into the Scourge stuff repeatedly in the same zone. So far nothing exciting from krangled items, but we'll see how it plays out.

Edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile...nking/hhogzj6/

Apparently linking items was causing disconnects. Chat still works, but linking is disabled until they can figure out a proper fix for it.

- - - Updated - - -

I imagine these aren't intended combo's of Scourge krangles, but it's pretty darned funny.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2021-10-22 at 10:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Adds ONE MILLION COLD DAMAGE

Deal no cold damage

Nice
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Welp, to A5 and my Stormbrand occultist is starting to come together a bit better finally. I really do like the new layout of the tree and the masteries, you can get some solid boosts while leveling from those.

Really not sure how I feel about Scourge though, so far. It's...I dunno, weird. We'll see how it is as it seems to get more filled with enemies and whatnot, but I'm not seeing it be too useful yet while leveling.

Welp, to A5 and my Stormbrand occultist is starting to come together a bit better finally. I really do like the new layout of the tree and the masteries, you can get some solid boosts while leveling from those.

Really not sure how I feel about Scourge though, so far. It's...I dunno, weird. We'll see how it is as it seems to get more filled with enemies and whatnot, but I'm not seeing it be too useful yet while leveling.
    Honestly agree. I have never been a fan of the corruption/vaal stuff. Seems like this entire league is based on corrupting stuff and modifying it in various ways. I also dislike the way items drop inside the scourge events instead of after its over like incursions do.

Having said that, I had a lot of fun playing today and looking forward to playing more tomorrow. Hopefully I can at least sell my tainted orbs for the people that want to actually interact with those.

Finished campaign and first map, ice shot trully sucks at leveling. I should have made zombie ranger till red maps. This was probably single most painful leveling i've had so far. It has amazing clear for aoe but zero ST even with support swapping.

As for league, 1 dc and 3 crashes so not even bad. Queue only at the beginning. League mechanic = skip so far. It's just waste of time while leveling.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Well I'm done, didn't even make it to maps this time. The league mechanic is boring as hell to me and it's just another pile of currencies, which is my problem with this game. Path of Exile is just not for me anymore. I don't find a single aspect of it enjoyable. It's just become a platform to release more currency clutter to sell tabs even the mtx don't look appealing to me anymore, feels like recolored nonsense.