562. This poll is closed
  • Warlords of Draenor was the most enjoyable of the 3

300 53.38%
  • Battle for Azeroth was the most enjoyable of the 3

135 24.02%
  • Shadowlands was/is still the most enjoyable of the 3

127 22.60%
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ...
    As hilarious as it is to me, I'd say that WoD was the best of these 3.. and WoD wasn't good at all. It's a great indicator to the current state of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Two expansions from now, people will be saying Shadowlands wasn't that bad/last decent expac/not as bad as this current one. Thats really all I was saying, its a trend anyone can notice just searching up old polls like this one.

and sure enough, people here are not "praising" WoD sure, but people thinking WoD wins over SL or BfA really sounds less like honest opinion and more like rose glasses.
    It sounds like BfA and SL were both awful pretty awful. *shrug*

Id say wod, great leveling and zones, great classes and great raids also came with updated character models but short on the content area for sure but so is sl.

Bfa and Sl didnt manage to keep me engaged for more then a couple weeks at the time, sl i have not touched since a few weeks into release i just got so bored, played bfa quite abit though.

Terrible story too in SL it's pretty much Thanos as a villain with the stones except thanos was teased for 10 years or so and been around in comics for a long time plus he was a badass villain the jailer is just so fucking boring and one of the least interesting villains of all time.

Honestly imo i think Shadowland is the worst expansion in wow's history, didnt like cata either but it was not all that bad.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2021-10-22 at 06:50 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Id say wod, great leveling and zones, great classes and great raids also came with updated character models but short on the content area for sure but so is sl.

Bfa and Sl didnt manage to keep me engaged for more then a couple weeks at the time, sl i have not touched since a few weeks into release i just got so bored, played bfa quite abit though.

Terrible story too in SL it's pretty much Thanos as a villain with the stones except thanos was teased for 10 years or so and been around in comics for a long time plus he was a badass villain the jailer is just so fucking boring and one of the least interesting villains of all time.

Honestly imo i think Shadowland is the worst expansion in wow's history, didnt like cata either but it was not all that bad.
    Agree on the jailer. Boring character, even made him look like a grey skinned human, talking in vague riddles and conveniently always sparing us or sending his weak minions to deal with us

Warlords for sure for me. Sure, there wasn't a lot of content, but the content that was there was great and class design was much better than the other two. I had a lot of fun just raiding 5 days a week across my characters.

5+ Year Old Account
    For all their flaws, the settings of both WoD and BfA were really interesting. WoD and its time travel-but-not-really premise was the epitome of jumping the shark, but the environments and the small, local stories were quite enjoyable, and more importantly, were quite grounded in the existing lore - even if the main arc was FUBAR.

BfA had similar issues in this regard. Kul Tiras and the Zandalari Empire had been referenced in the game since freaking Vanilla, and much like WoD, its environments felt very Warcraft-y and the local stories were at least serviceable, even if the main plot was a dumpster fire.

But the SL? There were barely any references to them, except, Idk, the guy who used to teach riding skills to the PC in the original DK starting zone. Zones are pretty, but look as if they were made of plastic, Ardenweald being the worst offender. The entirety of the cast is a collection of dull, forgettable morons (Sylvanas in the first place) and the janitor is probably the worst villain ever written by Blizzard. They have tried to give him more clout by retconning recontextualising all the story of Warcraft since at least WC3, which honestly feels quite cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.