Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    i can come back to the game i "never" play again in six months... i still log in on diablo 3 to play from time to time... on very old characters...

when i wanted to start playing wildstar again i found out the game is shutting down... what a waste of time that was... biggest regret of mmorpg's played to this day...
    I said the game you never play. Not the game you might play in six months. Surely there are games you played, enjoyed or not, and never played again which also were an investment of your time.

Why would you regret the good time you had in the past because you can't have a good time in the future with the same thing?

There is a lot of weird psychological hangups being expressed here.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2021-10-22 at 07:14 PM.

all the games i enjoy(ed) are either shut down(waste of time even playing them in the first place due to this...) or they're games i still play now and then...
    So, just like every other person on Earth?

Do you look at past good times you had regretfully because you perhaps (for whatever reason) can not enjoy them today or in the future as well? Like do you regret wasting your time playing basketball as a kid or going to the movies with your friend from high school too?

The choice of language here is odd.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    If so press for time during your free time, which is somewhat bizarre as a concept, why would the future longevity of a thing be relevant? Like why wouldn't you be worried about not playing Monster Hunter World or Apex Legends for X amount of time at some future point?

If your time allotment is so strict it doesn't seem relevant or reasonable to make a distinction between single-player or multiple games either.

It's one thing to say you don't like a certain style or genre of game; or simply like other games (even in the same style or genre) more than this or that. Worrying about enjoying a game at some future point such that you never even start is somewhat irrational.
    I'm lacking in free time because of dozens of other games i play that this wants to compete with my time for, but i wouldn't worry about those because capcom and ea are long existing companies and those games are popular and unlikely to be shut down any time soon. This game likely will be

like robots talking to actual humans in this thread
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I'm lacking in free time because of dozens of other games i play that this wants to compete with my time for, but i wouldn't worry about those because capcom and ea are long existing companies and those games are popular and unlikely to be shut down any time soon. This game likely will be
    No, you are using your free time to play Capcom or EA games. You are not pressed for free time. That is fine. I agree with what you said above and here w/r/t the longevity of Capcom/EA made games versus Bluehole's Elyon.

But caring about the longevity of the latter is misguided as a notion. It just doesn't tickle your fancy perhaps- but as a thought to have that one is only spending their free time on things they enjoy based on ROI is some kind of psychological hangup.

all the games i enjoy(ed) and actually spent time on are either shut down(waste of time even playing them in the first place due to this... if i knew they would shut down i wouldn't even have started playing them...) or they're games i still play now and then...
    Don't play any MMO's ever then, because they're all going to shut down at some point.

It's weird that you call that time a "waste", if you enjoyed the game, even if it's no longer playable, was that really a waste of time?

- - - Updated - - -

basketball or movies doesn't require me to invest months into character progression and then lose it when servers go down...
    Are you having fun while "investing"? If so, I'd say that's time well spent. If not, why are you "investing" in something you don't enjoy?

basketball or movies doesn't require me to invest months into character progression and then lose it when servers go down...
    You would have still invested the same 40 hours in both games though. If your time is precious, would you not rue all time "wasted"? It's the only true resource you have after all. Wasting 4 hours playing on the playground is equally 4 hours that won't be gotten back any more than the 4 hours spent in Korean Grindfest #128 character creation.

You don't have to invest months into anything either. What if you... stopped playing when you had enough?

Why invest time in something you are not enjoying? Or can't enjoy again in the future by your standard of logic here.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2021-10-22 at 07:26 PM.

Generic waifu korean mmo. Even the twitch streamers had a hard time faking having fun in it.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Played it for 6 hours so far and enjoyed every bit of it, not sure what more I can ask of a free to play game.

If I stop enjoying it, I'll stop and move on to something else. If the servers shut down I'll stop and move on to something else. I'm not going to retroactively decide "yeah those hours I enjoyed playing a game are worthless to me now"

Please someone nerd out about the gameplay customization in spells...if no one does...I WILL.
    That side of the game is absolutely bonkers.

So many possibilities

On another note:
    Anyone else annoyed by mob stun lock? When you pull many mobs, IF they have stun abilities....sometimes is GG surrender, you dead bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post
    On another note:
    Anyone else annoyed by mob stun lock? When you pull many mobs, IF they have stun abilities....sometimes is GG surrender, you dead bro.
    I'm a tank, so I stunlock monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm a tank, so I stunlock monsters.
    On the first PvP quest you get...i got stun locked for what seemed 10 seconds.
    Both mobs and players stun locking me pahaha

Seems like a major problem in group gameplay

I dont know if u noticed...this game seems to lack dimishing returns! :O

10+ Year Old Account
    i see this game could go the way of wildstar... where the servers got shut down due to the lack of players... waste of time to even spend the time on it if it could just go belly up and disappear...
    Well that's why you play it now and not in 3 years if it does end up getting shut down. Kind you Wildstar was shut down for several reasons, not just because of its population.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

i don't play a mmorpg for 40 hours... i either ditch it within 20 minutes or i play it for months...
    Okay, but why do anything if you potentially can't enjoy it for "months" or at some future point?

The basis of your position here is that your time is so precious you consider it a waste of that time if you enjoyed something and may not enjoy it in the future. To such a degree you apparently ONLY play games in perpetuity for however many years you happened to be alive and playing games supposedly.

You are using your precious time to play a video game in the first place. All games whether 10 days or 10 years from now are transitory.

As one philosopher said, "Everything you do from playing the violin, making love to playing with a dog is just stuff you do while waiting to die."

Using the future playability of something as a measure of your fun in the here and now is a deeply foolish notion.

- - - Updated - - -

Please someone nerd out about the gameplay customization in spells...if no one does...I WILL.

So many possibilities
    My favorite aspect. I love the rune system and skill build system. It was so logically presented, by my second rune I saw the whole line of how they designed the game. As I said a few pages ago, a very slickly designed game.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Is the PvP optional?
    Think Runescape Wilderness mixed with WoW factions. For the most part you wont see other factions until you go into the Red Zones. Even there it was mainly at contesting points and there are npcs you can kill to give credit for the quests to kill the other faction as well. When I wanted it I had to go seek it out it wasn't forced on me.

- - - Updated - - -

So many possibilities

On another note:
    Its a bug you just need to relog and it goes away. Something to do with the glider.

- - - Updated - - -

And for those curious it isnt really P2W. You can buy pets/mounts/cosmetics/emotes. As well as some buffs to drop rates or a 30 day ability to summon your bank or a vendor out in the world the biggest is the Star's Blessing which gives buffs to drop chance Luminus energy buff (their sort of SWTOR companion missions + WoW battle pet system thing) and Inventory increase. Nothing super gamebreaking and as the game is F2P they need someway to get revenue.

Here is my rune setup Im extremely happy with it!
    Whats yours? UwU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Just with force PvP flagging once you get outta the newbie zones.
    No PVE only option? HARD PASS.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

These solo dungeons are really neat. Reminds me of the adventures in Rift. The rewards are great too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    No PVE only option? HARD PASS.
    There are PVP zones and neutral zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    These solo dungeons are really neat. Reminds me of the adventures in Rift. The rewards are great too.

- - - Updated - - -

There are PVP zones and neutral zones.
    Are the PVP zones strictly PVP stuff? or is there leveling / Endgame PVE content in these zones? Does the game explicitly push you into these zones?

Do neutral zones consist of... let's say Stormwind, Elwynn Forest, and Westfall, and the PVP zones is stuff like Redridge or Stranglethorn Vale?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Are the PVP zones strictly PVP stuff? or is there leveling / Endgame PVE content in these zones? Does the game explicitly push you into these zones?
    Not sure honestly. Haven't gotten to a high level yet. About level 40 something. The cap is 60. But the PVE zones go up to 60 from looking at the map and dungeon lists. The PVP zones are like in one clump from level 35+.

Do neutral zones consist of... let's say Stormwind, Elwynn Forest, and Westfall, and the PVP zones are stuff like Redridge or Stranglethorn Vale?
    I don't know what this means. I recognize Stormwind so I am gonna assume this is Warcraft stuff. I don't play Warcraft at all. Perhaps someone else has a good answer. Sorry.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2021-10-25 at 07:59 PM.