Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Brilliant name change.

Change the name from one of the developers who said perverted things in a private group chat, to the name of two well known train and bank robbers.

Peak stupidity.

overwatch 2 when?

or are they too busy with renaming?

Just not what every self respecting company would do. Nobody even knew this was a real name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    This happens plenty, except irl they come back with a female name.
    Because as we all know, legal name changes were never a thing before the evil SJWs came along. /s

Getting upset about what is functionally a cosmetic change is beyond pathetic. Going outside and touching some grass is always an option on the table, you know.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2021-10-22 at 09:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Brilliant name change.

Change the name from one of the developers who said perverted things in a private group chat, to the name of two well known train and bank robbers.

Peak stupidity.
    Sensitivity is according to the zeitgeist of its time. It's dumb, yes, but that's the human beast for you.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

I'll continue calling him McCree in-game

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    I dig 'Cassidy', not so much 'Cole'. Whatever, there'll probably be a period I keep referring to him as 'Jesse' or 'McCree' until I get used to the new name.

Now that I think about it I'd have liked "Joel Cassidy" more.
    But now he can be Cole Casserole and that rolls of the tongue better.

Although I guess Joel works fine for that too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    But now he can be Cole Casserole and that rolls of the tongue better.

Although I guess Joel works fine for that too
    Y'all are forgetting the obvious pun.

Cole vs Ashe. Rofl.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Because as we all know, legal name changes were never a thing before the evil SJWs came along. /s

Getting upset about what is functionally a cosmetic change is beyond pathetic. Going outside and touching some grass is always an option on the table, you know.
    Tell the bolded bit to the trans community. ������

They trimmed his beard and turned him from an American to a Mexican...
    FAQUBLIZZARD

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell the bolded bit to the trans community.
    They're not the ones whinging that they can't play a character named after a sex pet, so...

Y'all are missing the point entirely. Changes of this sort are not for you, they are a message to other sex pests that they won't have their contributions or memories honored.

And I'll say it again; were it not for the context in which these changes were occurring, it's likely you would neither notice nor care. It's not about what is being changed, it's about who's doing it and why. So you're really just telling on yourselves by getting butthurt that fiction is a narrative construct wherein characters do things because the authors say they do.

Tell the bolded bit to the trans community. ������
    Sheesh, that was a tactical nuke of truth.

OT: I'll continue calling McCree.. well... McCree. Because that's who he is and will always be.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    would've been much cooler to get McCowboy Dude
    I still woulda went with The Man with No Name, personally. Hell, they coulda recreated this, replacing "Shane" with "McCree".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    They trimmed his beard and turned him from an American to a Mexican...
    Him being Latino was already a widespread piece of fanon, so...

Does it really impact your enjoyment of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    OT: I'll continue calling McCree.. well... McCree. Because that's who he is and will always be.
    I thought y'all respected the artistic integrity of creators?

Isn't that what you keep saying whenever people push for inclusivity? "Artistic integrity"? Or are only certain people allowed to demand things of canon?

They're not the ones whinging that they can't play a character named after a sex pet, so...

Y'all are missing the point entirely. Changes of this sort are not for you, they are a message to other sex pests that they won't have their contributions or memories honored.

And I'll say it again; were it not for the context in which these changes were occurring, it's likely you would neither notice nor care. It's not about what is being changed, it's about who's doing it and why. So you're really just telling on yourselves by getting butthurt that fiction is a narrative construct wherein characters do things because the authors say they do.
    But they are whining that's why they HAD to change the name.

Except the real McCree wasn't a sex pest. He said shit in a private group chat while joking. He never laid his hands on a real person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except the real McCree wasn't a sex pest. He said shit in a private group chat while joking. He never laid his hands on a real person.
    You mean aside from the fact there were pictures of him in the Cosby Suite in addition to said disgusting text messages. Sure, Jan.

Rofl. Seems like it's not the name change you're upset about, dude, it's that bro culture might have consequences.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll never understand the logic behind this. The Overwatch character wasn't the one committing the crime. I don't play Overwatch, but if I did, I'd keep on calling him McCree just because of how stupid this whole deal is. If the real McCree is guilty, punish him. Punishing the name itself makes no sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    But they are whining that's why they HAD to change the name.
    Citation needed.

Last I recall this was a unilateral decision on behalf of Blizzard and in-line with previous actions against contributors accused of harassment. Maybe get off Twitter for a bit.

You mean aside from the fact there were pictures of him in the Cosby Suite in addition to said disgusting text messages. Sure, Jan.

Rofl.
    So, he's guilty of nothing, right? He didn't commit a crime, neither did any of the guys there. And until a crime is proven they're not guilty of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    The name you are apparently attached to is lol.

And if you didn't know now you know playa.
    The real scare comes from knowing that you share your name with at least one, if not several, sexual predators (assuming you are not one your self)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.