Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Yeah they do, Blizzard wants to have the respect of their past back.
    Which has fuck all to do with being a social or political reactionary. Try again.

But the people complaining want to have their glorious safe space back that blizzard stole, apparently.
    Rofl @ thinking Blizzard games were ever a safe space for anyone but reactionary gamers.

Well, if you didn't support the changes you wouldn't be here defending them.
    I'm not defending them; I'm pointing out the rationale behind them and laughing at the people getting upset because the statue to their favorite sex pest is getting pulled down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    better not name your kid Alex after Alexander the great then...
    That's projection. You're saying the name of a nonviolent non-offender is bad enough to change. So, why wouldn't an actual murderer be any better? It's not my position to change the name at all.

Hell, if you couldn't name characters after real people that had violent pasts you wouldn't have many names left to work with.

what is the metric for this? how can you much less anyone else decide what an acceptable name to use for a fictional character? and as elegalic pointed out, ya'll don't actually care about the name change but just the name being changed at all....
    Clearly you have some kind of disability and I apologize for what ever it is but please try actually reading before responding otherwise it makes you look like a trollish asshole who can't read.

The metric is looking at a person and seeing if they did worse than the name you wanna change. It's really that simple.

If you look at every response I have said in this thread I have never once said he should have never been changed but that its dumb to change it from a guy who said a couple inappropriate things in a private chat to a guy who robbed people, boned whores, and treated women way worse than saying a couple of rude things.

I even said why not change it to a more heroic "cowboy". I never said the name should or shouldn't be changed I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of changing a name because the person who they are named after did something they didn't find appropriate to a person who did much worse.

It's like getting in trouble for naming your character Homerr Simpson and needing to change it then changing it's name to Mickey Mouse.

"non-offender" who just so happened to be fired from his place of work for.... some reason... and said company wanting nothing to do with this person, which they are totally free to do!
    You mean like what happened with Kael'thas's voice actor? Or all the people who quit working with Chris Hardwick with no evidence?
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-10-22 at 10:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're saying the name of a nonviolent non-offender is bad enough to change. So, why wouldn't an actual murderer be any better?
    Because context is a thing. Butch Cassidy is not a developer at Blizzard nor did he have an active role in promoting a culture of toxicity and harassment that persists and impacts people in the present.

Sorry that you can't see a very obvious difference.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

dude have you seen ANY of these so called SJW's outside of blizzard even... commenting on these changes??? no one gives a shit. the only people who insist on talking about this beyond pointing out this does NOTHING to change the work environment at Blizzard are the people who don't want their precious video games changed even in the slightest. AKA.... a safe space...
    They entire shitstorm on Twitter and the subsequent legal investigation are evidence enough to say Sjw's outside do care and have commented plenty.

10+ Year Old Account
    They entire shitstorm on Twitter and the subsequent legal investigation
    And here's where you cross into blatant lying.

The legal investigation preceded the Twitter shitstorm by at least two years, and the only reason the shitstorm occurred is because Blizzard failed to make changes in accordance with their agreement with the State of California in order to avoid mediation or litigation.

Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Because context is a thing. Butch Cassidy is not a developer at Blizzard nor did he have an active role in promoting a culture of toxicity and harassment that persists and impacts people in the present.

Sorry that you can't see a very obvious difference.
    You don't have any evidence that Mccree did that either. That's the difference.

That's projection. You're saying the name of a nonviolent non-offender is bad enough to change. So, why wouldn't an actual murderer be any better? It's not my position to change the name at all.
    "non-offender" who just so happened to be fired from his place of work for.... some reason... and said company wanting nothing to do with this person, which they are totally free to do!

Hell, if you couldn't name characters after real people that had violent pasts you wouldn't have many names left to work with.
    this is the exact argument I've been making... my god

And here's where you cross into blatant lying.

The legal investigation preceded the Twitter shitstorm by at least two years.
    So, i juxtaposed it wrong, doesn't change that it proves people outside of blizzard care and are talking about it.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Is it really any lamer than just stealing the name of a real person and using it?
    Are you saying Cole Cassidy isn't a real name?
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

They entire shitstorm on Twitter and the subsequent legal investigation are evidence enough to say Sjw's outside do care and have commented plenty.
    wow, did you even read any of the news and updates on this? this has been going on FOR YEARS dude... they just decided to make the investigation public when they filed the lawsuit.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-10-22 at 11:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have any evidence that Mccree did that either.
    We have pictures of him in the Cosby Suite, we have his disgusting text messages to his dudebros, and we have the fact he was let go after a two year investigation into a toxic work culture by multiple state level agencies.

Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    So is there any in-universe reason for this change? Or is it just "this was his real name all along" or something along those lines?
    The latter. Read the text in the tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Clearly you have some kind of disability
    and you clearly cannot make any sort of argument without devolving into petty insults like this. like, take a few breaths and let the blood rush from your eyes ball subside a little bit before getting this upset. everything is going to be alright, the sun will still rise in the east.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, i juxtaposed it wrong, doesn't change that it proves people outside of blizzard care and are talking about it.
    That's nice dear, but that's not what was said. Put the strawman away.

and you clearly cannot make any sort of argument without devolving into petty insults like this. like, take a few breaths and let the blood rush from your eyes ball subside a little bit before getting this upset.
    LoL says the person who was insulting people this whole thread and can't even respond to the actual post.

And it wasn't an insult I even apologize to you for responding harshly when clearly you have some sort of problem after the 3rd or so post you didn't/couldn't read.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    LoL says the person who was insulting people this whole thread and can't even respond to the actual post.
    except I've never insulted anyone?

We have pictures of him in the Cosby Suite, we have his disgusting text messages to his dudebros, and we have the fact he was let go after a two year investigation into a toxic work culture by multiple state level agencies.

Try again.
    Yeah, none of that proves anything, ezcept he said a thing or went to a place and got fired. You don't even know if those things are related and you can't prove they were.

- - - Updated - - -

That's nice dear, but that's not what was said. Put the strawman away.
    That is what was said, because what I'm referring to is something i said.

Rapey creepy is not has bad as violenty murdery actually dudes.

And this is a forum to discuss the game and the op. So this would be the place to talk about it.
    I didn't say you can't talk about things, I said why do you care about this change? Answer the actual question.

Also, thats a false equivalency. McCree was named in honor of a living rapey creepy guy, who is still having negative effects on living humans. The other are people in American folklore which are often used as the names of cowboy-esque characters. Just drastically different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, none of that proves anything, ezcept he said a thing or went to a place and got fired. You don't even know if those things are related and you can't prove they were.
    I really don't need to, I can just point to the eight (8) active lawsuits against Blizzard-ATVI and laugh at the people whinging this is some evil SJW conspiracy to ruin video games.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2021-10-22 at 11:05 PM.