Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I mean, I kinda agree with them in a way. I like the things like runewords and skill trees from D2, but I really don't like the needing to hope for perfect drops, or drops that are worth enough to trade for drops type thing. One thing nice about D3 is, if you put the time in you WILL get the items for the build eventually. D2 you could try and try and never see the proper runes to trade or the items themselves.
    I have my thoughts about D3, but that's not hte point of this thread and it's your opinion, so that's fine. But.. like MrLlamaSC says; Paraphrasing; PoE and D3 tried, but.. nah.. D2 just does the gameplay mechanics and itemization perfect. Thats what I believe as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I have my thoughts about D3, but that's not hte point of this thread and it's your opinion, so that's fine. But.. like MrLlamaSC says; Paraphrasing; PoE and D3 tried, but.. nah.. D2 just does the gameplay mechanics and itemization perfect. Thats what I believe as well.
    IDK how Llama can keep playing D2 for so long lol, like I get loving the game but he's literally been playing D2 and D2 mods for YEARS. Seems like a great guy though.

IDK how Llama can keep playing D2 for so long lol, like I get loving the game but he's literally been playing D2 and D2 mods for YEARS. Seems like a great guy though.
    Well, I have no idea when he started playing the game, but I played it for 6 years straight as well, by my estimation 10.000hours+ and only quit because of trusting a friend with my accounts (which he then cleared) and that's something I couldn't stomach, so, that turned sour from one to the other day all of a sudden. This remaster is my redemption I love this game. Can't deny it. *does your queue move? mine's stuck hahaha

Well, I have no idea when he started playing the game, but I played it for 6 years straight as well, by my estimation 10.000hours+ and only quit because of trusting a friend with my accounts (which he then cleared) and that's something I couldn't stomach, so, that turned sour from one to the other day all of a sudden. This remaster is my redemption I love this game. Can't deny it. *does your queue move? mine's stuck hahaha
    It's been at least 6 years by his video uploads lol.

People can do that, I can't. I beat a game or play a lot of it and leave for a long time and come back later, sometimes much later.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    One would hope, but they asked the same for Reforged and work on that stopped long before they fixed what they said they would. It's not that the teams don't want to, it's that they stop receiving the money to.

If you read the articles about reforged it was a mess from start to finish, the team overpromised for the money they were going to be given, but ActiBlizz also gave up on it because they knew it wouldn't make money.
    Nah, the team didn't overpromise for the money they were given, the amount of money they were promised to be given was cut after they'd already laid their plans in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Nah, the team didn't overpromise for the money they were given, the amount of money they were promised to be given was cut after they'd already laid their plans in motion.
    I read that they made promises before they even knew the amount they would be given honestly.

I just re-read the Bloomberg article, seems like it was a mixture of... everything. Bad management, not enough money, overpromising when it ended up being a lot more complicated then they though, etc. Just a bunch of issues.

The guy who led the division sounds like an asshole though.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2021-10-22 at 03:40 PM.

Is it mostly US having these issues?
    Being in EU all I get is queues around 350 at most which takes roughly 10-20 min.
    I have no disconnects. Only issue when online is the problem that you quiet often get can't connect messages when creating a game or joining. But trying for a few seconds usually resolves it.

Think I've had 3 crashes.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

It literally isn't. When you connect to another person's pc, you are not playing a game on an online server hosted by Blizzard. Therefore Blizzard never allowed you to play online games outside of bnet. However, that is indeed an argument of semantics and I'll acknowledge (as I already have) that I forgot about open bnet and my argument is somewhat invalid.
    This paragraph makes no sense to me. "Blizzard lets you play on and online server outside of bnet therefore blizzard doesn't allow you to play online games outside of Bnet."

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I kinda agree with them in a way. I like the things like runewords and skill trees from D2, but I really don't like the needing to hope for perfect drops, or drops that are worth enough to trade for drops type thing. One thing nice about D3 is, if you put the time in you WILL get the items for the build eventually. D2 you could try and try and never see the proper runes to trade or the items themselves.
    It's interesting, that's exactly what I hate about D3 and love about D2. Self-farming everything and having no trade economy made finding things you don't need feel extremely bad to me. I liked the D3 Auction House concept to facilitate an 'official' trade format, but hated the real-money component (even though I made a lot of use of it).

To me Diablo without item hoarding / trading just feels shallow.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    It's interesting, that's exactly what I hate about D3 and love about D2. Self-farming everything and having no trade economy made finding things you don't need feel extremely bad to me. I liked the D3 Auction House concept to facilitate an 'official' trade format, but hated the real-money component (even though I made a lot of use of it).

To me Diablo without item hoarding / trading just feels shallow.
    Different strokes.

I kinda dislike trading, I always feel more accomplished when I find it myself. So hard to do SSF in D2 though, not impossible but very time consuming.

I don't think they should have hard shut down trading in D3 though.

Different strokes.

I kinda dislike trading, I always feel more accomplished when I find it myself. So hard to do SSF in D2 though, not impossible but very time consuming.

I don't think they should have hard shut down trading in D3 though.
    You could play single player and just change the player count.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    You could play single player and just change the player count.
    Well, tbf, I don't play solo, I play with my wife, so offline isn't an option.

You can also just mod single player to increase drop rates which is nice, it actually makes the game quite fun.

It literally isn't. When you connect to another person's pc, you are not playing a game on an online server hosted by Blizzard. Therefore Blizzard never allowed you to play online games outside of bnet.
    Do you make a career on re-defining words? If you play through internet, you are playing online. It has -nothing- to do whetever it's through private people between 2+ computers or a service provided by a corporation. The only common denominator is playing through internet and that's it. Your revisionism of terms is silly at best and ridiculous at worst.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Do you make a career on re-defining words? If you play through internet, you are playing online. It has -nothing- to do whetever it's through private people between 2+ computers or a service provided by a corporation. The only common denominator is playing through internet and that's it. Your revisionism of terms is silly at best and ridiculous at worst.
    We have already established that it's mostly a discussion of semantics and that because of me forgetting about BNET my argument was invalid. It's the part you conveniently left out of the quote, because otherwise you wouldn't have anything left to respond to. This is the third time I'm admitting the oversight. Do you think the cow is dead now?

I, personally, define online gaming as online HOSTED gaming. However, that's the semantics part of it and I bet we would never agree. Therefore, the fault is mine, I will let this rest, unless you drag the corpse out of the well for a 4th time.

We have already established that it's mostly a discussion of semantics and that because of me forgetting about BNET my argument was invalid. It's the part you conveniently left out of the quote, because otherwise you wouldn't have anything left to respond to. This is the third time I'm admitting the oversight. Do you think the cow is dead now?

I, personally, define online gaming as online HOSTED gaming. However, that's the semantics part of it and I bet we would never agree. Therefore, the fault is mine, I will let this rest, unless you drag the corpse out of the well for a 5th time.
    It's not semantics, you're trying to re-define the word as is apparent from the quote of yours. I "conveniently" left the rest out because I never talked about Open Battle.net myself.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

If you're using an internet connection to play a video game with other people it's online gaming. How the fuck have we got to this point it's like arguing with a pineapple.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    It's not semantics, you're trying to re-define the word as is apparent from the quote of yours. I "conveniently" left the rest out because I never talked about Open Battle.net myself.
    Okay, I will say this a 4th time. I am wrong.

Alright, we can move on now

Thick..Skull..

Oof, just got RIPPED, because I pressed ctrl when I tried going for the escape & quit
    That ctrl key is now gone
    Last edited by Vespian; 2021-10-23 at 01:14 PM.

No, I don't think that's what it translates to. They have a SERVICE running, which is based on old code, that cannot handle the amount of traffic. THAT was misjudged. Nothing to do with hardware.

They have explained the details of each issue, and the main one requiring the que is they dont have the server capacity, they literally said this. it is the issue

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    They have explained the details of each issue, and the main one requiring the que is they dont have the server capacity, they literally said this. it is the issue
    Not once did they say they didn't have the server capacity.

The entire issue is legacy code falling over at the increased player base and poorly handled saving to a global server. It's at the hands of some bad decisions with code, not physical server capacity

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2...-forward/28164

Read it again. It's all either database configuration, or old/unoptimized code.