Poll: You decide: New class, Class skins, 4th specs, or New combos

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    As far as new classes go, I don't think anything they could add would be super popular like DKs or DHs were.

4th spec is probably the best way for them to generate re-interest. However releasing 12 specs at once would be a nightmare for them. I've floated the idea of them adding shared thematic 4th specs between classes.

This is exactly what I've always thought the best compromise was. I really thought the Covenants would have been a great way to add a shared thematic 4th spec, but we got covenant abilities instead...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Banshee View Post
    Now if I could get others to even see it/consider this way. :P
    I will join ya, I am in for that.

Its perfectly valid.. add in some dagger slash abillities and some smokey teleports and you got yourself a winner.

Anything that supports the magic and dragons fantasy.. not a fan of the mechanical side.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post

Its perfectly valid.. add in some dagger slash abillities and some smokey teleports and you got yourself a winner.

Anything that supports the magic and dragons fantasy.. not a fan of the mechanical side.
    Well, if it interests you, you can have a look at my class concept thread:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...pecializations

The Dark Ranger takes inspiration from Sylvanas, Diablo 3's Demon Hunter and Overwatch's Reaper and Black Widow.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    As far as new classes go, I don't think anything they could add would be super popular like DKs or DHs were.

4th spec is probably the best way for them to generate re-interest. However releasing 12 specs at once would be a nightmare for them. I've floated the idea of them adding shared thematic 4th specs between classes.

For instance :
    Warlocks and Deathknight both gain access to a new 4th spec - "Necromancy"
    Rogues and Priests both gain access to a new 4th spec - "Bard"
    Mages and Warriors both gain access to a new 4th spec - "Spellbreaker"
    Shaman and Monk both gain access to a new 4th spec - "Runemaster"
    Paladin and DH both gain access to a new 4th spec - "Antipaladin"
    Etc...

They could make the story build off your previous class halls in Legion and how two of the orders come together to create a new order to combat whatever trials face our heroes in 10.0. This would also allow them to toy with new combos and specs in the future without too much bloat.
    That's an interesting idea! What do you think Hunter and Druid would get with this setup?

For instance :
    Warlocks and Deathknight both gain access to a new 4th spec - "Necromancy"
    Rogues and Priests both gain access to a new 4th spec - "Bard"
    Mages and Warriors both gain access to a new 4th spec - "Spellbreaker"
    Shaman and Monk both gain access to a new 4th spec - "Runemaster"
    Paladin and DH both gain access to a new 4th spec - "Antipaladin"
    Etc...

They could make the story build off your previous class halls in Legion and how two of the orders come together to create a new order to combat whatever trials face our heroes in 10.0. This would also allow them to toy with new combos and specs in the future without too much bloat.
    I think making specs shared between classes is the real balancing nightmare TBH, that spec would have to be balanced keeping in mind two classes and their basic skills, it's pretty tricky to do that *and* hit the sweet spot of "Powerful, but not overpowered" for two different classes at once.

A spec might be awesome for one class and craptacular for the other, how would you go about fixing that?

5+ Year Old Account
    Class skins, 4th specs/spec reworks, and new combos add more longevity and pays more attention to what players have more consistently asked for. Just throwing a new class into the mix doesn't make anyone but those playing it happy. That new class will also just suffer the same problems as the others when the novelty wears off.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

I'm going to say new class until we have some kind of a "bard" archetype in the game. It doesn't need to be directly music related, but it needs to be primarily buff/debuff focused.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Yes, i believe so.
    It is a blueprint for playable Dark Rangers.

Orc Druids are actually quite possible, since Orcs have a very animalistic culture (there's even an Orc Druid in Ashran) and the fact that the Shadowmoon clan worships the stars.

That's exactly what class skins are for. To fulfill this missing Paladin aspect. Less so to create new classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post

Thanks! It's nice to have someone who supports Dark Rangers besides me. I'll check out the link that Username linked below as well.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    That's an interesting idea! What do you think Hunter and Druid would get with this setup?
    Not completely sure. Thematically they definitely match. My thoughts were something like a "Twinsoul" spec. Maybe something were the player and the pet share a health pool and can switch control between the two to gain access to different abilities.

Like for instance the player character could assume control over the pet and their character would basically assume the role an AI driven pet in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    I think making specs shared between classes is the real balancing nightmare TBH, that spec would have to be balanced keeping in mind two classes and their basic skills, it's pretty tricky to do that *and* hit the sweet spot of "Powerful, but not overpowered" for two different classes at once.

A spec might be awesome for one class and craptacular for the other, how would you go about fixing that?
    You make a fair point but it already feels like current spec design makes several basic skills invalidated, or at least useless out of extremely niche scenarios.

I think the more troublesome issue with this concept would be how would you tackle gearing and armor classes. Lets just take a hypothetical Necromancer 4th spec for example. If you kept this specs gear in cloth then wouldn't it favor warlocks? Would you give them both a completely new armor class to make things equal? Or should you just scale existing gear to match their new itemization as necessary?
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2021-10-23 at 01:42 AM.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    New Combos and potentially 4th Specs in certain situations.

With regards to new combos, this would allow more variety and give people more options on what to play, be it Human Shaman, Night Elf Paladin, Void Elf Paladin, Zandalari Warlock or Undead Paladin. Why not let more Races be more flexible, they've spent a long time with each other since Classic/Cataclysm, they can learn new skills.

Additional specs are interesting, mainly thinking Shaman Tanking, an Earthwarden maybe? But a lot of the others I'm not sure. I mean, you could split UH DK into Disease and Summoner but I like current UH.

I'm not sure how I feel about Class skins. On one hand I like Warlock Green Fire, which is essentially an iteration of it, but I also wonder if its worth giving say Tauren Paladins new spell effects/names because they worship the sun instead. They're still Paladins. Maybe one off quest chains for Paladins for a Dark Aura or Radiant Aura to fulfil Shadow/Void and Sun themes would work better.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    With regards to new combos, this would allow more variety and give people more options on what to play, be it Human Shaman, Night Elf Paladin, Void Elf Paladin, Zandalari Warlock or Undead Paladin. Why not let more Races be more flexible, they've spent a long time with each other since Classic/Cataclysm, they can learn new skills.
    These are some possible combos, according to my analysis:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...s-combinations

Additional specs are interesting, mainly thinking Shaman Tanking, an Earthwarden maybe? But a lot of the others I'm not sure. I mean, you could split UH DK into Disease and Summoner but I like current UH.
    Possible new specs i came up with:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...pecializations

I think the more troublesome issue with this concept would be how would you tackle gearing and armor classes. Lets just take a hypothetical Necromancer 4th spec for example. If you kept this specs gear in cloth then wouldn't it favor warlocks? Would you give them both a completely new armor class to make things equal? Or should you just scale existing gear to match their new itemization as necessary?
    Oh, i forgot that part too, what if one class' tier set (Or other available gear) is poorly itemized for the spec, and the other class' set is well itemized for it? (Secondary stats i mean, i'm sure they'll do some fix to make primary stats equal for those 4th specs... well, mostly sure.)

We'd have a dramapocalypse of far-from-insignificant proportions on our hands!

Check out the new class skin concepts from this wowhead article:

https://www.wowhead.com/news/communi...s-depth-324795

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    I feel like you could have resized those a bit but all-in-all those all look and sound amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I feel like you could have resized those a bit but all-in-all those all look and sound amazing.
    Yea, I was thinking they might be a bit big, but I'm not sure what the bbcode is for resizing images on here.

These artists are coming up with some great concepts! I can't wait to see the rest that they are working on.

New Class is a terrible idea. They can't even balance the ones they currently have.

Every class should have a viable spec for every roll it can fulfill.

When you have a class like DH that only has 2 specs and one of them sucks donkey dick, the balance is a joke.

None. These options wont do a damn thing for the game. It needs an in game community. But there isnt much life left in wow anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Also dragonsworn would suck really bad. Like really really bad. You should actually get to play a dragon. Quit screwing around and go 100%.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post

https://www.wowhead.com/news/communi...s-depth-324795
    Looks great.
    You wanna know how i know this will be implemented?
    It's the same case Allied races had before their addition. Some fan-made concept art surfaced and became popular and now we have allied races.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like at this point Dual Classing can and should be introduced. Maybe even incorporate it with a 4th Spec. There would be race combo restrictions of course.

How I see it working is you make a class and at level 20 (25 for DK/DH), you're hailed to visit a Class Trainer. They tell you after the Order Halls stepped up to deal with the Legion Invasion, they maintained communications with each other. They secretly tested a new Dual Class Program where someone learns the skills and abilities of a another class. After months of trial and error, they have succeeded in creating a new selection of Subclasses based on your primary class.

What kind of Subclass you can pick from depends on your Primary Class:

• Death Knight: Life Binder, Berserker, Dark Blade, Shadow Weaver
    • Demon Hunter: Spellblade, Berserker, Shadow Weaver, Elementalist
    • Druid: Ranger, Sentinel, Elementalist, Berserker
    • Hunter: Ranger, Elementalist, Summoner, Spell Blade
    • Mage: Spellblade, Necromancer, Shadow Weaver, Life Binder
    • Monk: Shadow Weaver, Life Binder, Sentinel, Berserker
    • Paladin: Dark Blade, Spellblade, Ranger, Sentinel
    • Priest: Necromancer, Elementalist, Summoner, Shadow Weaver
    • Rogue: Sentinel, Berserker, Elementalist, Life Binder
    • Shaman: Summoner, Necromancer, Dark Blade, Sentinel
    • Warlock: Life Binder, Berserker, Spell Blade, Elementalist
    • Warrior: Dark Blade, Spell Blade, Shadow Weaver, Elementalist

Here's what those Subclasses are about though most probably understand a bit:

• Necromancer: Command power over the forces of Death itself.
    • Life Binder: Command the power to Heal allies and ease suffering.
    • Spellblade: Infuse weapons with power.
    • Berserker: Sacrifice Defense for Overwhelming Offense.
    • Ranger: Adept at ranged and melee combat.
    • Sentinel: A Stalwart Champion of Defense.
    • Dark Blade: Infuse weapons with Fel, Shadow or Dark Magic.
    • Summoner: Summon demons, magical beings, creatures, undead, etc. to aid you in battle.
    • Elementalist: Command the elements to aid you in battle.
    • Shadow Weaver: Confound and confuse enemies.

These are basically "bridge" classes and how they work depends on your primary class.

After you finish the quest chain to get it, you will have the opportunity to get the other three Subclasses for your class over time until you have eventually acquired all of them. Unlike Switching Specs, you can access your Subclass Skills and Abilities regardless of your Primary Class's spec.

(Will edit this later)
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Looks great.
    You wanna know how i know this will be implemented?
    It's the same case Allied races had before their addition. Some fan-made concept art surfaced and became popular and now we have allied races.
    Yea, I agree. It reminds me of that old thread on here with the mockups of dark iron dwarves and stuff before ARs came out.