Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    This should be post of the year!
    People holding on to conspiracy theories to deflect blame for Trump's win even long past Trump's loss is sad to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    The Trump bone is connected to the Manafort Bone.
    The Manafort bone is connected to the Deripaska bone.
    The Deripaska bone is connected to the Putin bone.
    Doing the corruption dance.
    But sing it with a mouthful of turnips!

Wait, someone just did.

Denial of said corruption and scandals is what is really sad, especially when several official government departments have fully confirmed the existence of extensive corruption in regards to the 2016 election.
    Yep, on both sides.

Not seeing it getting any better.

Although that is not the only reason Trump won. Stupidity and misinformation played a helluva role (as it always does).
    Yes, Clinton's campaign stupidity was largest factor.

History doesn't change just because time has passed.
    Sometimes we get to know more; but sometimes things we already known about are simply twisted to fit current narrative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Yep, on both sides.
    I have to agree. Both Russia and Trump worked to corrupt the 2016 election. Hell, they even conspired together. Gotta say, I'm surprised to see you admit this, but it's a welcome surprise.

You mean like this?
    Yes, i put it in same folder as people believing there was something in that non-existent basement of pizza place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I have to agree. Both Russia and Trump worked to corrupt the 2016 election. Hell, they even conspired together. Gotta say, I'm surprised to see you admit this, but it's a welcome surprise.
    If you believe that then surely you would agree that failure to prosecute them is another sign of your institutional decay.

So Russian interference in the 2016 US presidential election, a world-widely accepted FACT, is a conspiracy theory for you the same as pizzagate?
    Belief that Deripaska was the one doing it through Manafort is.

Otherwise you could just as well say "PizzaGate was right because Epstein's island was visited by Clinton, they just were wrong in some details".

Isn't Derpaska's involvment (I know I spelled it wrong) in an ongoing investigation though? A little early for you to be screaming ''conspiracy theory!" don't you think?
    Deripaska is involved by being sanctioned for acting as occasional agent of Russian government (as well as likely recording some FBI calls).

Sanctions that he is quite likely circumventing in some way.

There are no known connection of current raid to Manafort whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop listening to the resident mmo troll farm. I am tired of seeing such big gaps in the threads.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Stop listening to the resident mmo troll farm. I am tired of seeing such big gaps in the threads.
    At this point, I have learned don't bother complaining, it does no good, people don't typically listen and the moderators can't or wont do anything about it beyond a wrist slap at best.

So, I have gotten to the point were I will comment on it occasionally too just for the simple fact that it doesn't really matter and got used to skipping 5-15+ pages because of it.

Just wish they could update the "Ignore feature" so that it ignores the post of the person you ignored along with the posts of anyone replying to them while actually letting you still see the threads created by those on ignore.

Seems were you can miss a thread with 100+ pages because the original creator is on you ignore list but you are stuck looking at a dozen pages of "This post is ignored" along with posts with that post quoted along with a response to it.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MechanoDruid View Post
    You are missing the point of this forum. This is MMORPG forum, a role playing game. Politics section is to RP different political points of view.
    Of course, no one's objecting to different political points of view. People do object to the site enabling (likely) paid propagandists whose job is to spread poison and be destructive as possible via carefully curated disinformation while taking cover behind "different political points of view."

ETA: Oh yeah, speaking of "conspiracies" that Russia helped Trump: "Lev Parnas, a former associate of Rudy Giuliani, was found guilty Friday of multiple federal campaign finance criminal charges that included funneling illegal donations to a political action committee supporting then-President Donald Trump."
    Last edited by Levelfive; 2021-10-23 at 10:43 AM.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Of course, no one's objecting to different political points of view. People do object to the site enabling (likely) paid propagandists whose job is to spread poison and be destructive as possible via carefully curated disinformation while taking cover behind "different political points of view."

ETA: Oh yeah, speaking of "conspiracies" that Russia helped Trump: "Lev Parnas, a former associate of Rudy Giuliani, was found guilty Friday of multiple federal campaign finance criminal charges that included funneling illegal donations to a political action committee supporting then-President Donald Trump."
    It would be much easier if people stuck to "Russian money lobbying for marichuana to prop their US marichuana business with their chosen recipients either not knowing or flouting the US law" (with clear motive and connections) rather then weak Trump-Manafort-Deripaska links.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MechanoDruid View Post
    You are missing the point of this forum. This is MMORPG forum, a role playing game. Politics section is to RP different political points of view.
    People love playing inquisitors rooting out witches and heretics poisoning their innocent populace too.

Lol as if you're tough to spot. And Russia spent millions and millions of dollars paying people like you to do just that. I'd say take it up with them, but you'd better not.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Lol as if you're tough to spot. And Russia spent millions and millions of dollars paying people like you to do just that. I'd say take it up with them, but you'd better not.
    And yet I know I'm not one of them. Which makes looking at this witch hunt extra fun.

And easy to question the rest of beliefs too.

Quote Originally Posted by KuerbisgeschmackShake View Post
    But sing it with a mouthful of turnips!

Wait, someone just did.
    Please, they first have to be drinking vodka while riding a bear. It is the only way I'll accept it.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you believe that then surely you would agree that failure to prosecute them is another sign of your institutional decay.
    Yes, every single Republican voting against indictment means they are failures and should be voted out of office. We just have a bunch of racists and bigots who will vote for any Republican. It's more of a societal decay than an institutional decay really.

Was playing some Genshin last night and did a quest regarding the Fatui of Snezhnaya (the latter being Genshin's version of Russia and the former being a (more???????) violent KGB). When the quest was concluded and their plot to continue a civil war in another country failed, the NPC quest giver said "They seek to sow dissidence and chaos from within our own ranks."

Found it rather fitting.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Yes, every single Republican voting against indictment means they are failures and should be voted out of office. We just have a bunch of racists and bigots who will vote for any Republican. It's more of a societal decay than an institutional decay really.

Was playing some Genshin last night and did a quest regarding the Fatui of Snezhnaya (the latter being Genshin's version of Russia and the former being a (more???????) violent KGB). When the quest was concluded and their plot to continue a civil war in another country failed, the NPC quest giver said "They seek to sow dissidence and chaos from within our own ranks."

Found it rather fitting.
    It reminds me of a prion disease--a prion is infectious, but it isn't a bacterium or virus (and doesn't trigger an immune response), just a misfolded protein that causes other nearby protein to similarly misfold, leaving holes where neural tissue used to be, until the brain is all spongy, there's a panicked recall of ground beef, and people who convinced themselves they were patriots destroy the democracy they claimed to be defending.

Also, spreading disinformation for free--lol--is even less defensible.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    You don't have to be racist and bigot to vote one - just like you don't have to be lover of authoritarianism to vote for Putin.

And reducing people to "basket of deplorables" cost Clinton election. Not that i would weep for Democrats if they repeated that feat next time around.

Found it rather fitting.
    Yes, modern writers follow modern news narratives - even in China. Shocking, i know.

One narrative art imitating other narrative art, who ever heard of that. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to be racist and bigot to vote one - just like you don't have to be lover of authoritarianism to vote for Putin.
    Agreed, if you don't vote for Putin you just end up dead.

And reducing people to "basket of deplorables" cost Clinton election. Not that i would weep for Democrats if they repeated that feat next time around.
    Sigh. Clinton was an insufficient vote organizer. The deplorables were voting GOP regardless. Hilary accurately describing them only gets her hate from people who already hate her.

The Donald got no better than population growth over Romney and McCain.

15+ Year Old Account
    There were likely all of 4 people who voted for Trump instead of Clinton because of that basket of deplorables description. That line didn't make any real difference. Deplorable Republicans just got triggered because she said it and started saying things like "WELL I WAS GONNA VOTE FOR CLINTON" even though they never intended to just to fake shame and concern troll.

The moment Trump ensnared his audience was the moment he called Mexicans rapists and drug dealers, and said he'd build a wall. That was the moment he exploded in the polls. Every single person who bought into that, and didn't look at Trump's history of being an awful human being and a terrible business man was and is a deplorable.

Being into deporting Mexicans because you think they're all drug dealers and rapists is also a whole lot more awful objectively than just calling people deplorable.

de·plor·a·ble
    /dəˈplôrəb(ə)l/
    adjective
    deserving strong condemnation.

rap·​ist
    \ ˈrā-pist \
    noun
    : a person who rapes someone : a person who commits rape

drug deal·er
    noun
    a person who sells illegal drugs.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"