Page 16 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
    See, I just can't agree with that. OU'S SOS is 25, Cinci is 80. Any team in the top 15 would go undefeated with that schedule. It's also why I support expanded playoffs.
    yeah, an expanded playoff really is the only answer to this i think, because as of now you need to get into the nitty gritty of records and "is this almost loss better than this almost loss?". Also gives more room for chaos to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    yeah, an expanded playoff really is the only answer to this i think, because as of now you need to get into the nitty gritty of records and "is this almost loss better than this almost loss?". Also gives more room for chaos to happen.
    It's tough for any team to go undefeated, so while I knock Cinci on their SOS, I think they absolutely deserve a shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparantly in all this mess, I missed Illinois beating Pen St in 9OT. New Record!

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparantly in all this mess, I missed Illinois beating Pen St in 9OT. New Record!
    I hope the Penn State implosion continues. Hate playing those arrogant twats almost as much as OSU.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I hope the Penn State implosion continues. Hate playing those arrogant twats almost as much as OSU.
    Considering Penn State has forever been one of the classiest programs, fans, and players that's a pretty stupid take.

That being said, that was a horrendous loss they should be embarrassed and could (maybe should) go the rest of the year winless. Having one of if not the best receiver in the league, and a championship-level defense, does nothing when your offense is anemic to say the least (even with a healthy QB) and a coach that i'm pretty sure an 8-year-old could beat in chess.
    Last edited by Razamith; 2021-10-23 at 10:52 PM.

Oklahoma’s luck is gonna run out. If they finish undefeated somehow they will surely get blasted in the playoff. Same with Cincinnati whom almost lost to 1-5 a team as well; Navy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post
    Considering Penn State has forever been one of the classiest programs, fans, and players that's a pretty stupid take.

That being said, that was a horrendous loss they should be embarrassed and could (maybe should) go the rest of the year winless. Having one of if not the best receiver in the league, and a championship-level defense, does nothing when your offense is anemic to say the least (even with a healthy QB) and a coach that i'm pretty sure an 8-year-old could beat in chess.
    eh, considering the Paterno and Sandusky debacle, the fans (because a good chunk still think Paterno did nothing wrong and want the statute back on campus) and program (well the upper management anyways. HC seems perfectly fine) part is debateable.

eh, considering the Paterno and Sandusky debacle, the fans (because a good chunk still think Paterno did nothing wrong and want the statute back on campus) and program (well the upper management anyways. HC seems perfectly fine) part is debateable.
    A few bad apples doesn’t speak for the entire fan base.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    A few bad apples doesn’t speak for the entire fan base.
    Sure, although it should disqualify form being called one of the classiest. For me that's for fanbases like Iowa, or Buffalo Bills in the NFL. Although Waco is worse, theres still a significant contingent that thing Art Briles did nothing wrong and he should coach at a p5 again. I swear to god if Texas Tech fires Wells only to hire Art Briles, I hope Tech and their admin gets ass blasted by every team til the end of time.

I should note, Im not calling their fanbase classless either cause that is obv not true.

Wait Iowa that literally booed every injury 2 weeks ago, with the announcers (and postgame media) condemning the stadium for its behavior?

Also the Freeh report was proven baseless and the NCAA sued and settled on Paterno, exonerating him (reinstated wins, formal rebuke of the report), but that's more than the "passing interest" person tends to care about. Point may stand about the board of directors but that's also a brief flicker in the history.

Anyway, interested to see how much the Big Ten continues to eat itself -- lot of good teams with bad losses (and likely more to come); wonder if they'll even get a top 4 slot this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait Iowa that literally booed every injury 2 weeks ago, with the announcers (and postgame media) condemning the stadium for its behavior?

Also the Freeh report was proven baseless and the NCAA sued and settled on Paterno, exonerating him (reinstated wins, formal rebuke of the report), but that's more than the "passing interest" person tends to care about. Point may stand about the board of directors but that's also a brief flicker in the history.

Anyway, interested to see how much the Big Ten continues to eat itself -- lot of good teams with bad losses (and likely more to come); wonder if they'll even get a top 4 slot this year.
    I think every conference is eating itself right now except the SEC, and for once that isn't because of Alabama. OU might remain unscathed, but I bet they lose a game soon with how they're playing.

and hey, Tennessee is leading Alabama!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    In other news I'm trying to prepare myself for the reality that the state of Utah will have five FBS teams in the next five years, and not one of them will be Weber State.

- - - Updated - - -

CUSA looking dealer with each passing day

- - - Updated - - -

LOL KANSAS

- - - Updated - - -
    @Crissi, @cubby you guys seeing this?
    I figured OK would pull it out, but Kansas really gave them a run for most of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

That was a terrible loss - fucking 9OT's to lose. Glad to see them go down.

Really the only team that looks strong is Georgia. Everyone else could lose at any moment.

- - - Updated - - -

I think every conference is eating itself right now except the SEC, and for once that isn't because of Alabama. OU might remain unscathed, but I bet they lose a game soon with how they're playing.

Agreed. Oregon is leading the conf but it still has Utah at least once. At least we finally saw the Oregon team that beat Ohio State. Great playing on both sides for Oregon, except when Brown forgot which color jerseys to throw to in the 4th.
    Last edited by cubby; 2021-10-24 at 12:24 AM.

well Clemson's loss today was painful but expected... i just don't know what happened/is happening behind the scenes. DJ looked better but passes dropped, including a couple of TD's. Now all I hope is that we beat UofSC for the state win. I also suspect some staff changes in the off season now for sure
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

If only they could best them loosing now.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    well Clemson's loss today was painful but expected... i just don't know what happened/is happening behind the scenes. DJ looked better but passes dropped, including a couple of TD's. Now all I hope is that we beat UofSC for the state win. I also suspect some staff changes in the off season now for sure
    It is interesting how far they've fallen. Not sure they've found the bottom yet.

Ohio State if they keep rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It is interesting how far they've fallen. Not sure they've found the bottom yet.
    what bothers me more than three losses is the playing, drops, miscues, etc.. UGA was always a 50/50 game, NC State has a history of being catch game, and Pitt was an early trap game as well. The issue is that BC we got lucky with a late turnover, and a missed field goal from Cuse. my thoughts right now, Tony E (the OC) goes to a head coaching job somewhere, the OL coach retires (he is 65 I think), and that cause some other staffing changes to get a new OL coach and OC, those 2 use the portal (something Dabo refuses) and strengthens the OL for next year

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    those 2 use the portal (something Dabo refuses)
    That's akin to the Packers in the NFL not signing players in Free Agency under Ted Thompson. You are just a detriment to your own success for no reason whatsoever at that point. Other teams use all avenues available to them, so if you purposefully not use a beneficial one, then you are just shooting yourself in the foot.

Then again, Dabo has always seemed...stubborn...to put it mildly. Not sure he would even hire people that were going to do something he doesn;t agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    That's akin to the Packers in the NFL not signing players in Free Agency under Ted Thompson. You are just a detriment to your own success for no reason whatsoever at that point. Other teams use all avenues available to them, so if you purposefully not use a beneficial one, then you are just shooting yourself in the foot.

Then again, Dabo has always seemed...stubborn...to put it mildly. Not sure he would even hire people that were going to do something he doesn;t agree with.
    yep in the past he got away with it cause we were winning this year not so much......

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    I'm still highly annoyed that we have losses to SDSU and OSU