Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Madison Cawthorn says you should raise your kids as Monsters.

Psychotic.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1940849.html

North Carolina’s Republican representative Madison Cawthorn claimed society is trying to “de-masculate young men” and urged mothers to raise their sons to be “monsters,” in a blatant display of toxic masculinity.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    All someone has to do is tell him to look at his pedo college Gaetz. Ask him if hitting on underage girls while being in 30 years old is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    All someone has to do is tell him to look at his pedo college Gaetz. Ask him if hitting on underage girls while being in 30 years old is a good thing.
    I'm pretty sure that's exactly what he wants.

7+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately right-wingers are extreme parental authoritarians and they always try to manipulate their kids into copying their values. Personally I think the best approach is to not bias your kids towards masculinity, femininity, neutrality, or gender ambiguity. Simply let them choose whatever they want and don't care. There is no reason to care about preferences that have no meaningful effect in the world.

That's my 2 cents.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-10-23 at 09:36 PM.

(Fights the urge to bring his own mother's apparent successes in that regard into this)
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

What a disgusting little creature this Congressthing is. Any additional commentary I have on him would probably break the rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Unfortunately right-wingers are extreme parental authoritarians and they always try to manipulate their kids to copy their values.
    Which is ironic, considering how so many of them use "authoritarian" as a snarl word against everyone who contradicts them (and how much "raise your sons to be monsters" could easily be interpreted as "raise your sons to be self-entitled little brats who act like they're above all laws and standards of decency," while we're at it).

But, then again: Cawthorn manages to simultaneously act like an authoritarian and a self-entitled brat who clearly feels he should be above law and decency. So I'm just going to come right out and say it: he's what the "success" of such would look like. God help America.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Something something any man who says "I am a man" is no man at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Conservatives really aren't going to survive the femboy apocalypse.

Their loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Their loss.
    If conservatives don't like femboys how come so many of them keep getting outed as pedophiles, is my question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I would say it's ironic except in his case I guess it's just ronic.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    There's a lot of jokes I really want to make about him, but none of them in good taste
    Oh I made my wife do a spit take the other day when I joked that he would do anything to avoid mentioning Iran.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Their loss.
    The funniest damn thing is their internal definition of (toxic) masculinity inherently includes insecurity about how "masculine" you are.

"I'm so unsure of how manly I actually am and lack any confidence in the matter and must judge myself in comparison to others as a prop for my weak self-esteem" is the core of their viewpoint, and it's so completely at odds with what they define as "manly" it's just fuckin' funny.

They're shaken and made upset by some femboy enjoying their life because it calls into question their own supposed "manliness".

As I've said about the whole "alpha male" nonsense; it's only beta males who're concerned about whether they can become alphas or not. Alphas, pretty much by definition, wouldn't give a single shit about some wussy beta's definitions. And yes, I'm aware it's all based on horseshit wolf studies that were retracted by their authors and have no basis in anything; I'm speaking to its internal hypocrisies, not just that it's horseshit to begin with.

Yeah it's bad, but I'd be more concerned about him claiming those arrested for Jan 6th being "political prisoners" and riling up his constituents to violently free them. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The funniest damn thing is their internal definition of (toxic) masculinity inherently includes insecurity about how "masculine" you are.

"I'm so unsure of how manly I actually am and lack any confidence in the matter and must judge myself in comparison to others as a prop for my weak self-esteem" is the core of their viewpoint, and it's so completely at odds with what they define as "manly" it's just fuckin' funny.

They're shaken and made upset by some femboy enjoying their life because it calls into question their own supposed "manliness".

As I've said about the whole "alpha male" nonsense; it's only beta males who're concerned about whether they can become alphas or not. Alphas, pretty much by definition, wouldn't give a single shit about some wussy beta's definitions. And yes, I'm aware it's all based on horseshit wolf studies that were retracted by their authors and have no basis in anything; I'm speaking to its internal hypocrisies, not just that it's horseshit to begin with.
    It's also delightful that we actually know the causes of a lot of these hormonal changes in children - i.e. chemicals and other man-made shit getting getting into kids bodies and throwing things out of whack that never used to exist - yet he's still determined to be a fucking toxic retard.

But hey, he can probably show up to at least a half dozen more school meetings with his fucking knife in his wheelchair in violation of school policy. Gotta make sure you're armed when meeting with parents and teachers and shit, they're very dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Yeah it's bad, but I'd be more concerned about him claiming those arrested for Jan 6th being "political prisoners" and riling up his constituents to violently free them. But that's just me.
    You're right. We can't be angry/concerned about more than one thing at a time.

/s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacia Ultan View Post
    What a disgusting little creature this Congressthing is.
    Hold up, you can't criticize him, or clearly you hate disabled Americans!

Just like if you criticize Dan Crenshaw, you clearly hate veterans!

And if you criticize Boebert, you clearly hate women!

And if you criticize Greene, you clearly hate Europan lizard women!
    Putin khuliyo

Like most people, I only bothered to read the headline and not the actual article. I see no problem with this. I would've loved it if my parents raised me to be a mummy, the wolfman, or Frankenstein's monster. What's the big deal?

Anyone else notice he only and seemingly specifically urged mothers to do this? What about the dad's?

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    As far as I'm concerned? Those are inextricable. All part and parcel of exactly what brand of pestilent trash he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Hold up, you can't criticize him, or clearly you hate disabled Americans!

Just like if you criticize Dan Crenshaw, you clearly hate veterans!

And if you criticize Boebert, you clearly hate women!

And if you criticize Greene, you clearly hate Europan lizard women!
    And if you criticize Larry Elder or Tim Scott, you hate black people, right? (Yes, I'm playing along.)

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Anyone else notice he only and seemingly specifically urged mothers to do this? What about the dad's?
    They have very specific notions about parenting, too. The mom does all of the direct actual work of raising the kids; the dad is the breadwinner (and, if absent, an excuse to stigmatize single moms). These factors—along with the configuration—are very, very important; who cares if the actual data says otherwise?
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2021-10-24 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

I think we should name this the Steven Crowder effect.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis