Poll: Should Shadowlands skip 9.3, to make 10.0 come out sooner?

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    It's kinda cute that you believe they'd have any substantial work done on 9.3 now, let alone 4 months ago when it became clear this expansion wasn't going anywhere.
    If they had one planned, they pretty much had to. If they didn't, then they can't really skip it to begin with. It's quite amusing that you think they could possibly not have worked on it if they had it planned in the first place. Blizzard measures development in months and years, not weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    If you think they are working hard on 9.3, you are SO WRONG.

This is how "wow devs" spend their free time:
    You expect them to work on WoW in their free time? Otherwise, what's your evidence for your "so wrong" claim?

Besides, seeing what the competition is doing is a perfectly valid move. Not everybody likes doing the same thing at work and off the job, either.

https://twitter.com/trulyaliem/statu...95769168125954

spent most of the night watching Netflix and leveling Weaver in FFXIV.

and frankly I'm disappointed in myself for only learning recently just how amazing Gillian Anderson talking about sex with a British accent really is.

Some of wow devs (1 of loudest about removing old-school "non-woke" slurs from the game) spend more time playing Final fantasy than WOW.

Next thing you're gonna tell me is McDonalds employees eat Burger King too. Oh the humanity.

and frankly I'm disappointed in myself for only learning recently just how amazing Gillian Anderson talking about sex with a British accent really is.

Some of wow devs (1 of loudest about removing old-school "non-woke" slurs from the game) spend more time playing Final fantasy than WOW.
    Good maybe they'll learn how to make a good game again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want my .3 patch because it’s the peak of power in every expansion. Stats are at their highest and we’re as powerful as we’ll get for that expansion. If blizzard skips 9.3, I’ll feel inclined to quit. I love raiding and knowing I get 4 raid tiers per expansion is what keeps me coming back.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You expect them to work on WoW in their free time? Otherwise, what's your evidence for your "so wrong" claim?

Besides, seeing what the competition is doing is a perfectly valid move. Not everybody likes doing the same thing at work and off the job, either.
    I would expect them to read more forums, fansites, /1, /2, /4 chats... to see what makes people (un)happy about their game.

I hope they are not offended by competitions bikini armors tho....

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    Good maybe they'll learn how to make a good game again.
    (read above about armor sets)

I would expect them to read more forums, fansites, /1, /2, /4 chats... to see what makes people (un)happy about their game.

(read above about armor sets)
    Nah they'll like the gender neutral bunny outfits.

Good. I hope they learn a thing a two about what makes players happy and about what makes a game fun again. But I highly doubt they will learn anything to be honest. Blizzard Developers are toooo dumb, stupid, and stubborn to do that. Just look at the mess they are in right now; lawsuits and making a shitty expansion with all kinds of issues in it. Things that could have been avoided if they had just listened to the feedback of the players while it was in Alpha and Beta.
    Last edited by Aggressive; 2021-10-24 at 04:12 AM.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Again, free time. With the shit that gets thrown at them in those locations, i wouldn't do it without pay either.

Also, bikini "armours" are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    If they had one planned, they pretty much had to. If they didn't, then they can't really skip it to begin with. It's quite amusing that you think they could possibly not have worked on it if they had it planned in the first place. Blizzard measures development in months and years, not weeks.
    Nothing and I mean absolutely nothing, they have shown during SL, hints at them having that level of preproduction right now. When they announced 9.1 they showed the most barren corner of the zone with 1-2 models that happend to have finished and then it still took them 4+ more months to release. The rest of the patch was a bunch of reused assets that were already done during 9.0. You expecting them to have anything of substance done during 9.0 - 2-3 patches in advance - is just laughable if they barely had anything to show for during one of the most piddly announcement events they've ever held in the form of Blizzconline. Whatever kind of vague outline they have for their direction and story is not on the level that they couldn't scrap or merge a x.3 patch well over a year in advance. Heck when they mentioned they liked how people responded to Denathrius they pretty much admitted that they have major plotpoints not even locked down months before release, let alone years.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

They should forget 9.3 and go find new jobs. Maybe in the fast food industry.

Zovaal should win and destroy the universe. Then the game should go on hiatus for X years so it can be reborn in a better state, and without any of the "offensive" or woke smut currently infecting it.

We can all dream

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Bungie has a fraction of Blizzard's manpower and they got both an expansion and three seasons completed during covid. Anyone using covid as an excuse is full of it and are just refusing to take responsibility for their laziness. This is really a matter of Blizzard really not giving a shit about WoW like they used to. I'm beginning to think they're actively trying to kill the game now so they can do something else because the passion for it is utterly gone.
    COVID as an excuse throughout 2020 was okay. It was believable and it made sense. But blaming COVID on your production delays during the end of 2021 is just absurd and nothing but a lie to distract from bigger underlying problems. It's as easy as that.

- - - Updated - - -

This actually isn't bad when they learn something, lol. FFXIV did a lot of right in the last years and WoW could copy several things.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I like FFXIV but I have little confidence that Blizzard will take the right lessons from it.
    They will cargo cult superficial aspects and wonder why it didn't work.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    This post reminds me of a few that were posted around the time 8.2 came out and people foaming at the mouth about it and demanding they skip 8.3 and go directly to SL because "Anything is better than more more BFA!". And yet here we are.. LOL
    yeah, i would speculate that most people that post here are always "grass is greener on the other side" people that clearly have not payed attention to the decline of blizzard's work. just when you think they cant get any dumber, they are like "hold my beer". too many fan bois licking ion's butt and telling him what a great job he is doing as the majority of players leave in droves.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    They will cargo cult superficial aspects and wonder why it didn't work.
    The linear set of quests that was Shadowland's leveling experience feels ripped off XIV's msq, just incompetently done.

We dont know anything about 9.2 at this point and that should be telling. If 9.2 wasnt far off(or released this fall), then yeah maybe a 9.3 would come sometime in 2022 with 10.0 alpa/Beta late in that year.

As it is now we are months away from a 9.2 so if theres ever gonna be a 9.3, thats going to launch in aug-october 2022. Can Blizzard really live with no new xpac until 2023? Dont think so.

We should expect news about 9.2 before xmas, 9.2 release in februar/March, with 10.0 xpac announcement during that Blizzconline event in february.

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    The linear set of quests that was Shadowland's leveling experience feels ripped off XIV's msq, just incompetently done.
    I somewhat have to agree with that. It definitely felt they were trying to go for more of a story-based approach, sadly they simply have nothing to make it work. Beginning from the setup and built up characters and ending with the audience that would actually want that out of their game.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

No, I'd rather see the storyline for Shadowlands play out tbh. I'm wondering where the hell it's going

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    COVID as an excuse throughout 2020 was okay. It was believable and it made sense. But blaming COVID on your production delays during the end of 2021 is just absurd and nothing but a lie to distract from bigger underlying problems. It's as easy as that.

- - - Updated - - -

This actually isn't bad when they learn something, lol. FFXIV did a lot of right in the last years and WoW could copy several things.
    Even in 2020 it wasn't a valid excuse. As I pointed out, Bungie has a smaller staff and accomplished A LOT during 2020. I'm not willing to accept that Blizzard was that hindered by covid-19 at all in 2020. Especially with the garbage they're churning out in 2021 as well.

It depends.

- If Blizzard has a nice story to tell, and if it will set up the following stories coming to wow.
    - If the current story can be wrapped in one additional patch. The problem is that Blizzard might deliver specific aspects incorrectly (like the involvement of Bwosamdi, Voljin's spirit, etc. ). So maybe they can save some storylines for the following expansions.
    - The most important thing is if Blizzard has to offer something cool for the next expansion. Not only storywise but also in gameplay. Personally, I would like a permanent system instead of scrapping everything from the last expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It really isnt, especially when other devs are still doing amazing things even with the covid situation. Also, Blizzard went on record more than once saying the working from home transition went very smoothly, and there were few delays or issues with it. Yes, they have also gone on record at later dates suddenly claiming it WAS an issue, but tbh, that just sounds like excuses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.