Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    https://twitter.com/trulyaliem/statu...95769168125954

hahahahaha xD

This pretty much sums up how hard they work on WOW

spent most of the night watching Netflix and leveling Weaver in FFXIV.

and frankly I'm disappointed in myself for only learning recently just how amazing Gillian Anderson talking about sex with a British accent really is.

That's her tweet. "Wow developers" don't even play wow. They just hunt down "sexist/racist (green-skin lol)/homophobic" slurs in game and remove them.
    So To work hard on wow they have to only ever play wow and not watch any movies/show?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutarch78 View Post
    Team 2 is now full of marxists who want to erase anything and everything that triggers them, yet yell 'la la la la" when it comes to player feedback (you know, the people who actually pay their salaries).
    You've just admitted two posts ago that you DON'T actually pay their salaries so pray tell, why should anyone listen to what you have to say? :-)

This. This. This. This x 100000.

We (players) ask for certain things in game for months, patches, years, expansions.... nothing happens.

They want something on their own- they do it without even blinking an eye about satisfied customers.

- - - Updated - - -

hahahahaha xD

and frankly I'm disappointed in myself for only learning recently just how amazing Gillian Anderson talking about sex with a British accent really is.

That's her tweet. "Wow developers" don't even play wow. They just hunt down "sexist/racist (green-skin lol)/homophobic" slurs in game and remove them.
    had to edit to add this quote. The WoW dev team literally CANNOT win with players that have this mindset making demands. I can't BELIEVE that you typed this entitled NONSENSE without feeling crippling shame that you're saying it with a straight face. Straight childish. Good god.

EDIT2: And I didn't even notice the update to the second half of the post. Lol. WoW Dev plays game that isn't WoW, better fire this person! Jeeeeeeze
    Last edited by perkocet; 2021-10-24 at 05:24 AM. Reason: had to add some BS i saw later in the thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Removing all the stuff related to Afrasiabi, McCree and the others who got caught up in this shitstorm? Sure. Go ahead. That's all fine and good in my opinion.

But why remove stuff that is not related to them, at all? I honestly doubt all the jokes/flirt removed were written by those aforementioned people. Or that they were the ones to decide to use art of portraits of females in the game.

Worst of all, I don't know why they felt they had to change the quest Damsels Were Made to be Saved. I mean, the entire premise of that whole quest chain is that the quest gives (Maximillian of Northshire) is cuckoo for cocoa puffs and has trouble discerning reality from fiction.

Removing the stuff those guys did/added throughout their careers? That's good. Removing everything that may or may not offend someone? That's going too far, in my opinion, and would only leave the game blander.

World of Warcraft is rated "T" and that rating's description reads: "Titles rated T (Teen) have content that may be suitable for ages 13 and older. Titles in this category may contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling, and/or infrequent use of strong language."

Is Activision-Blizzard now aiming to get WoW to be rated "EC" or something? "Titles rated EC (Early Childhood) have content that may be suitable for persons ages 3 and older. Contains no material that parents would find inappropriate."
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    But why remove stuff that is not related to them, at all? I honestly doubt all the jokes/flirt removed were written by those aforementioned people. Or that they were the ones to decide to use art of portraits of females in the game.
    You can doubt it all you want, but the ONLY people who actually know the answer to that have said that the aforementioned people were involved in those jokes and the other devs wanted to remove them for a long time but weren't allowed to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    You can doubt it all you want, but the ONLY people who actually know the answer to that have said that the aforementioned people were involved in those jokes and the other devs wanted to remove them for a long time but weren't allowed to.
    They have? Can I have a source citation, please?
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

We (players) ask for certain things in game for months, patches, years, expansions.... nothing happens.

They want something on their own- they do it without even blinking an eye about satisfied customers.
    It's not your game. It's their game. They are literally under no obligation at all to pander to every stupid demand and suggestion that players "ask" for. None. If you imagine differently, then all I can say is get over yourself.

hahahahaha xD

WoW dev has life outside work that does not revolve around playing WoW. Gasp. Shock. Horror. Get a fucking grip. People are allowed to have lives that don't require they spend every waking moment consumed by their job.

- - - Updated - - -

hahahahaha xD

Didn't work in the other thread, might as well try your outrage in this one? Don't know if that's admirable or just sad.

hey let team 2 do what they want. Pushes me even further away from WoW though.

7+ Year Old Account
    They have? Can I have a source citation, please?
    It would be this tweet where alex and co would be the trash and the ingame changes would be the residue.
    imagine a world in which everyone agreed that the trash should be taken out but they get upset when you clean up the trash's residue afterwards. if you're going to clean up shit, get the lysol and disinfect. otherwise it still stinks.

really don't understand people sometimes.
    https://twitter.com/trulyaliem/statu...072785411?s=20
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    It would be this tweet where alex and co would be the trash and the ingame changes would be the residue.
    https://twitter.com/trulyaliem/statu...072785411?s=20
    That doesn't say for sure that everything that they're removing were done by those guys. There are things that came from those guys, for sure, like the Afrasiabi and McCree stuff, but, again, I have yet to see definitive proof that everything being removed/changed was done from those guys, and not an "overly compensating/virtue-signaling" kind of deal.

7+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't say for sure that everything that they're removing were done by those guys. There are things that came from those guys, for sure, like the Afrasiabi and McCree stuff, but, again, I have yet to see definitive proof that everything being removed/changed was done from those guys, and not an "overly compensating/virtue-signaling" kind of deal.
    were never going to get any thing close to Definitive proof that every thing is from them, its unlikely they will ever go into any specifics as those who need to know already would.

You have a game about races, racism and violence and they remove racist slurs like "Greenskins" because some snowflakes feel offended by it and make absurd connections to their own predicament.
    There might be some stuff that could've been changed but it's just wasted effort and when it messes with the storyline and overall feel of a game/story or quest, it's certainly wrong to change it.

They should change bloodelf models as well then, overaall they wouldn't be able to keep up.

We go on a fucking genocide and cull humanoid populations in every other quest and they care about shit like "Greenskins" when the whole game is designed about that type of (what is purely in-game) hatred.
    So I have really no idea what these people are doing and what they are doing it for. It seems hypocritical to me.
    The game feels more alive when it has assholes that do shitty stuff. When a character in quest thinks women are just there to be in the kitchen, then so be it. It doesn't mean I think Blizzard believes that. If they want us to show that they are against such notions, then design the quest properly and don't do the half assed version of it by censoring it.

The way they handle it is boring and frankly pathetic. I don't believe a single word these people say.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-10-24 at 07:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

hahahahaha xD

It may surprise you but lots of people get time off from their jobs and watch TV or go to the movies. Jesus fucking Christ....
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    WoW devs are so wildly out of touch with their playerbase its insane.
    Important to keep in mind that people on MMOC are a laughable minority of the player base, and does in no way represent the general playerbase what so ever.

Thus, you saying that doesn't mean it's true. Not saying it isn't, though, just pointing out the obvious.
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account

hahahahaha xD

This post is so incredibly stupid that it felt like I had blacked out after I finished reading it.

What the fuck does it matter what they do in their free time? They can play whatever games they want, watch whatever shows they want. They aren't on the job 24/7, they go to work and then they go home.

Your occupation is listed as "music," but you're here talking about WoW instead of making music. Seems like you aren't working very hard. Maybe you don't even really make music?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Team 2 was busy developing BfA and Shadowlands, so let them rest in peace. Let's just hope team 1 is working on 10.0 since they wrapped up Legion though. A third sh*tty expansion in a row would kill WoW.
    You're misunderstanding how the Blizzard Teams work. Blizzard Team 2 is the name for the WoW team, it was created when they launched WoW back in the day. That's the "Team 2" referenced in all the tweets and articles about WoW. There were rumours that inside Team 2 is several different groups of developers that alternate expansion development cycles, but that's mainly based on an article about how Team 2 developes multiple expansions at a time, and isn't really backed up with any evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

The problem is what you consider trash in this case. Just because you find something offensive or rude doesn't mean that it's actually offensive and rude. If people started removing/censoring things just because a person is considered bad now, we'd have to remove a lot of shit in games, movies, music, art etc. It's stupid. It's a useless waste of resources and the only thing it tells me is that the current dev team are a whiny little bunch.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not an unreasonable assumption to make, though. Afrasiabi was a quest designer and later a creative director. There are likely hundreds of items, objects, quests, characters, and bits of dialogue in the game that he created, and thousands he had some oversight on. And that's just one of the people who got the boot.

Hell, there's like a dozen characters named some variant of Afrasiabi or Kariel in the game. He dropped references to himself and his EQ characters all over the goddamn place. I don't have a problem with all that stuff being gutted.

That said, while I guess some of the changes are probably warranted in terms of updating the game's language for T-rated standards in 2021 or something, given that there's a lot of stuff that was written almost 20 years ago, I do have a major problem with people conflating depicting "toxic behavior" versus condoning it. If it has a purpose in the narrative, there really isn't a good reason to remove it.

Though from what I've seen, that's really not what Blizzard is aiming this "cleanup" at. They're mainly ditching overt references to developers and ditching some sexualized emotes that I suppose could be used to harass other players.

And FWIW, it's not like they're removing /em.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2021-10-24 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I think the problem is that there have been TWO incidents.

1. Blitzchung.
    2. Frat-boy attitudes.

Clean up the frat boy stuff? Yes. But hand over the keys of WoW to a crowd that sympathizes with China and their censorship? NO. By going thru and hitting the censorship button hard, they look like they probably side with China. So they are still fucking up.
    I'll give 2 more instances which made my blood boil over

1. Quinton Flynn being removed as Kael'thas because of an obsessive fan stalking him, making false accusations, which were proven false
    2. Swifty being removed because of false accusations

All while the real shit was going on behind the doors at blizzard and nothing was done. I trust victims when they come forward, but I also Verify if their claims are true. What they did to Quinton and Swifty was mega ultra wrong. It feels to me they punish the innocent and let the guilty ones go free until its unable to be contained anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    You're misunderstanding how the Blizzard Teams work. Blizzard Team 2 is the name for the WoW team, it was created when they launched WoW back in the day. That's the "Team 2" referenced in all the tweets and articles about WoW. There were rumours that inside Team 2 is several different groups of developers that alternate expansion development cycles, but that's mainly based on an article about how Team 2 developes multiple expansions at a time, and isn't really backed up with any evidence.
    Thank you for the clarification.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again