Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    I doubt he would fall to the void especially having prophet Velen in Stormwind at his side.
    Inb4 Velen respecs Shadow
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Assuming that pre-BfA things like the chronicles are still a thing raw Light + Void = explosion and Fel. So in a roundabout way he can't be twisted by the void, because he'd literally explode and die in the process. Even holding hand with Aleria causes and explosion, which throws them to the opposite sides of the room.

That's not to say he can't be played for a fool tho. God knows that blizz excells at making their characters look like peanut brained morons, with the attention span of a goldfish, with altzheimer's.
    Last edited by sighy; 2021-10-23 at 01:38 PM.

Well, new writers have turned Turalyon into a henpecked husband, even though his relationship with Alleria was previously established as quite equal, but somewhat rocky. So it won't surprise me if he turns a blind eye to some of Alleria's crimes. He already did this in Shadows Rising, when he helped her torture civilians with the Void, although he personally did not like it. He constantly supports Alleria and has never even condemned her for her newfound powers. It is quite telling that in the Vision of Stormwind, when Alleria has fallen to the madness and Stormwind is destroyed, Turalyon is still trying to reason with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Good thing it yielded reliable results
    Are you... honestly... defending torture as "not an evil thing to do"? Are you really?

Well, new sig, I suppose.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2021-10-23 at 02:22 PM.

That orc woman was given one entire hour to tell the truth and even had the gall to spit at Alleria, she brought that on herself with her arrogance and her stubbornness.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    That orc woman was given one entire hour to tell the truth and even had the gall to spit at Alleria, she brought that on herself with her arrogance and her stubbornness.

so it's because she's an Orc that she deserved torture ? the "gall " to spit on an elf?
    What if it wasn't Alleria? what if it were another Horde character?
    this is obvious double standard that you Are not trying to disguise by making such an obvious baiting statement to justify torture because your favorite character did it, then turn around and demonize your most hated group for doing it

Quote Originally Posted by Shin0mura View Post
    so it's because she's an Orc that she deserved torture ? the "gall " to spit on an elf?
    You said it, not me.

justify torture
    It was justified. They needed the key intel on the location of Sylvanas (most dangerous individual on the planet at the time) and failed to get that information diplomatically [due to the subject's stubbornness].
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-10-24 at 02:41 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Bring back a long time Alliance hero, have him do nothing for two expacs and then make him evil because "A cErTaIn PeRsPeCtIvE". I miss the High Fantasy of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Jailer and the Dreadlords are infiltrating every cosmic force so there will be nothing left anyways. Not even light or void.
    It's Dreadlords all the way down.

I mean, the better story to me is for the man to actually fall from grace on his own. Not an outside force. Not something taking over his mind. Let him make his own decisions that lead to him going bad.

Having Alleria be a part of his decent makes some sense, but it does feel a little cheap since it seems like the Void has already turned her dark. At least she has that as an excuse for her evil. The fact that Turalyon doesn't makes it more interesting in my opinion.

If any in the Windrunner family (Alleria, Turalyon, Arator, Vereesa...) """""were to go evil"""", Alleria would undoubtedly be the most dangerous one. The Visions of N'Zoth show us this.

Devastated and taken over by the whispers, Alleria took control and twisted Stormwind and then left Turalyon to die out in the streets, and sent Arator to the depth of Ny'alotha.

This will never happen in the real timeline, because then it would have already been spoiled. But it's just something to think about.

The possibility of a """"Nazi Turalyon""""" is nothing compared to Alleria's dark future.

And I use the terms VERY loosely because I think these characters deserve better than to become evil caricatures. If Turalyon were to """"start a war"""" he should do so for valid geopolitical reasons that benefit the people of the Alliance (not so different from how Garrosh was portrayed in the Cataclysm novel), not "because the evil chandelier told him so".

This is part of the reason why I don't like the recent developments in AU Draenor. How the casus belli for Yrel's campaign is put on the Naaru's whispers.

Fuck the Naaru in all honesty, Yrel has every right to seek vengeance against the savages who caused the deaths of her sister, her mentor, and her people

Or have people forgotten that the """"""war hero"""" Grommash had Yrel's sister sacrificed to fuel Ner'zhul's rituals, and then had Ner'zhul summon the Dark Star, which forced AU Velen to sacrifice himself and avoid the extinction of the Draenei race?
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-10-25 at 10:05 AM.

I'm with the Alleria would be more susceptible to be the next villain/bad guy etc. group but doubt we would get 2 crazy elf chick bosses in a row.

7+ Year Old Account
    He's a High Exarch of the army of the light.

If anything he'd be more susceptible to the lights influence.

Formerly known as Arafal

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shin0mura View Post
    What if it wasn't Alleria? what if it were another Horde character?
    this is obvious double standard that you Are not trying to disguise by making such an obvious baiting statement to justify torture because your favorite character did it, then turn around and demonize your most hated group for doing it
    I think he means the part where a person of the opposing faction disrespects on two national (equivalent) leaders and spits on one

let's say you're in Hong Kong, and Xi Jinping and Carrie Lam decides to interrogate you and you stubbornly troll them and spit on Xi Jinping; Xi Jinping sends some policement to beat the truth out of you then lets you go after; and you'd be thankful they didn't arrest you to be sent to prison
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Avengerx View Post
    I'm with the Alleria would be more susceptible to be the next villain/bad guy etc. group but doubt we would get 2 crazy elf chick bosses in a row.
    Yep, I think we're done for the time being with "Crazy elf chick"-types of villains.

Even though we have Azshara and Xal'atath who technically fit the archetype, but not really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I think he means the part where a person of the opposing faction disrespects on two national (equivalent) leaders and spits on one

let's say you're in Hong Kong, and Xi Jinping and Carrie Lam decides to interrogate you and you stubbornly troll them and spit on Xi Jinping; Xi Jinping sends some policement to beat the truth out of you then lets you go after; and you'd be thankful they didn't arrest you to be sent to prison
    In addition not only it was also said that Alleria felt no pleasure in it, but that she also ordered her troops to give food, blankets, and other resources to the refugees after the deed was done.

So a more accurate equivalency would be Xi Jinping sending people to beat the truth out of you, but feeling genuinely sorry that he has to do it, and then giving you a nice apartment to live in with your family.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    He's a High Exarch of the army of the light.

If anything he'd be more susceptible to the lights influence.
    Nah, he stood still like an idiot as his revered Prime Naaru was blasted into smithereens by Illidank. He doesn't seem to give a flying & $#%@ about the Light.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Considering that he can't even physically touch his waifu without disasterous results, I find it unlikely that the void would be able to corrupt him, it would probably just make him explode when the light within him clashes with the void trying to take hold.

This would be the worst asspull since that Tyrande forgiveness cinematic
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Nah, he stood still like an idiot as his revered Prime Naaru was blasted into smithereens by Illidank. He doesn't seem to give a flying & $#%@ about the Light.
    He lashed out and attacked Illidan.
    I wouldn't call that "standing still like an idiot".

And i don't remember Turalyon having superhuman speed of any kind or the ability to predict the future, so i fail to see how he could've prevented Xe'ras death.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-11-01 at 04:57 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

I think Alleria is the one corrupted by the void.