Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Okay, they release book only in one form, piss some people who pre-ordered paper version and get spoiled before their release to gain... what exactly?

Sometimes it feels like half of this forum are 5 year olds.
    Ngl, I’m tired so apologies if my brain doesn’t function as good today.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Jee, i wonder why Blizzard doesn't release the ebook first...

It's almost as if ebooks are a lot cheaper and significantly less marketable than paperback.

And that's beside the obvious spoiler and pre-order problem that @Dracullus just mentioned.
    This is basically like complaining about cinema spoiling Blu-ray movies later on. And cinema is cheaper on top of that! There's really no need for a delay solely based on a paper shortage, but this conversation is pretty much pointless in the end. It ultimately doesn't matter for what's going to happen (or not).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Jee, i wonder why Blizzard doesn't release the ebook first...

It's almost as if ebooks are a lot cheaper and significantly less marketable than paperback.

And that's beside the obvious spoiler and pre-order problem that @Dracullus just mentioned.
    Sure, they are less marketable, but it’s not like no one reads Online Books regardless. Not like it matters either way since the books are delayed anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no company wants to make money, shocker. The delay is fine, this is just getting into petty bullshit.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Everyone knows apexis dailies where the pinnacle of world content.
    Grinding out a subzone for 30 minutes to fill up a bar, now that was magnificent game design.
    To be honest, Apexis Dailies were weren't bad in the slightest, especially if you compare them to the dailies we had before that.

You could do whatever you want, there were certain "objectives" that were optimal and quite quick and you could do different things each time you did them, instead of always doing the same thing like with dailies.

The problem with Apexis Dailies was that they were completely pointless and you never had a reason to do them.

I mean, 60% of the WQs we have today are literally just Apexis Dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    Won't happen, but they should...

- increase XP, Reputation, and Anima gains by 400%
    - reduce the health and damage dealt of all mobs + bosses in all dungeons + raids, past and present, by 50%
    - reduce reputation requirements for items down to Friendly
    - increase the drop rate for mounts by 400%
    - increase the drop chance of the legendary bow and the quiver from Sylvanas by 100% for Hunters only
    - remove the Valor Point cap and increase its gains by 400%
    - drop stupid gear requirements like "be a certain mythic plus rating"
    - allow flying in the Maw and in Korthia
    - automatically allow flying in previous expansions' areas without needing to grind any Pathfinder achievements

...as a "please don't leave our game we actually do care" apology hotfix. Something so radical might actually make a difference. Or it would drive away even more payers.

Either way, win win.
    Fucking lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    To be honest, Apexis Dailies were weren't bad in the slightest, especially if you compare them to the dailies we had before that.

You could do whatever you want, there were certain "objectives" that were optimal and quite quick and you could do different things each time you did them, instead of always doing the same thing like with dailies.

The problem with Apexis Dailies was that they were completely pointless and you never had a reason to do them.

I mean, 60% of the WQs we have today are literally just Apexis Dailies.
    Lots of people like to collect mounts and pets and Apexis Crystals were a required currency to get the cosmetic Reputation rewards.

If someone thought Apexis Crystals were useless that's on them, people who are interested in getting all the mounts wouldn't think that.

Also Apexis Dailies were clearly a blueprint for the World Quests system that would be introduced in Legion, since they were daily quests that you would get from one place and could send you all over the new continent.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-10-24 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    Won't happen, but they should...

- increase XP, Reputation, and Anima gains by 400%
    - reduce the health and damage dealt of all mobs + bosses in all dungeons + raids, past and present, by 50%
    - reduce reputation requirements for items down to Friendly
    - increase the drop rate for mounts by 400%
    - increase the drop chance of the legendary bow and the quiver from Sylvanas by 100% for Hunters only
    - remove the Valor Point cap and increase its gains by 400%
    - drop stupid gear requirements like "be a certain mythic plus rating"
    - allow flying in the Maw and in Korthia
    - automatically allow flying in previous expansions' areas without needing to grind any Pathfinder achievements

...as a "please don't leave our game we actually do care" apology hotfix. Something so radical might actually make a difference. Or it would drive away even more payers.

Either way, win win.
    How is it win/win? Removing any and all challenge from the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexjimithing View Post
    How is it win/win? Removing any and all challenge from the game?
    Because not designing a game is easy, and some people genuinely think that the purpose of games is to overcome them, not experience them. For those kinds of people the idea that you experience a game, or challenge yoursself with a game is foreign, they would rather see games as a checklist of things that should be completed.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Lots of people like to collect mounts and pets and Apexis Crystals were a required currency to get the cosmetic Reputation rewards.

If someone thought Apexis Crystals were useless that's on them, people who are interested in getting all the mounts wouldn't think that.

Also Apexis Dailies were clearly a blueprint for the World Quests system that would be introduced in Legion, since they were daily quests that you would get from one place and could send you all over the new continent.
    Speaking as a mount collector myself, I hated the apexis crystal dailies. Mostly due to just how unguided they were. I realize there truly isn't much difference between teh apexis dailies and what we have now but there was still something about "go to ____ and just...do random shit until bar is full" that I hated real quick.

Regardless of when 9.2 comes, the drought after it is going to last for at least 9 months, and solely because it's the last patch. What I'm anxious to hear about is the next expansion announcement, the light inside the tunnel (10.0), that hopefully, it's not from another trainwreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Speaking as a mount collector myself, I hated the apexis crystal dailies. Mostly due to just how unguided they were. I realize there truly isn't much difference between teh apexis dailies and what we have now but there was still something about "go to ____ and just...do random shit until bar is full" that I hated real quick.
    The World Quests we have right now are literally "Slowly fill the meter bar to 100%" like the Apexis Dailies, there's literally nothing different.

World Quests in Legion and BfA were way better than the garbage bore they are in Shadowlands because they were simple, concise, and quick to do.

The World Quests we have right now are literally "Slowly fill the meter bar to 100%" like the Apexis Dailies, there's literally nothing different.

World Quests in Legion and BfA were way better than the garbage bore they are in Shadowlands because they were simple, concise, and quick to do.
    We have varieties in where they are on the map, they are shorter individually, and more importantly they are definitely different. WoD apexis dailies didnt ask you to relive the tea adventures on mishaps of an insane duke, play flappy bird, or defeat giant minibosses in an arena.

Apexis dailies are similar to World Quests only in the rudimentary sense that it is something you do in the world that predominantly involves defeating hostile NPCs and picking up items.

I remember exactly what Apexis dailies were like. You ran up the same route as always, mass pulled whatever you could see, then defeated whatever minibosses were available.
    We still have those exact kinds of quests in the form of World Quests, the difference is that now we have some actual variety beyond that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Regardless of when 9.2 comes, the drought after it is going to last for at least 9 months, and solely because it's the last patch. What I'm anxious to hear about is the next expansion announcement, the light inside the tunnel (10.0), that hopefully, it's not from another trainwreck.

Provided 9.2 is the last that people assumed about last expansion. -.-

Apexis dailies are similar to World Quests only in the rudimentary sense that it is something you do in the world that predominantly involves defeating hostile NPCs and picking up items.

They are close to it but thats just the end of the endgame world content. In all honesty world quests are on the same level(Not saying worse, just relatively the same). WQ just make it where you can go by the area the WQ is at and get to it.

Legion-BFA WQs were fun. They weren't broken and didn't need "fixing."

As fun as any other world quest minus the puzzle ones that Blizzard loved to do. rose tinted glasses are bad.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-10-24 at 10:45 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The ones I absolutely hate are the multi-stage WQs. Ones that have you kill 12 mobs, interact with 6 crates, mix up a potion, throw potion on ground, and finally get a boss kill at the end (or whatever).

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    The ones I absolutely hate are the multi-stage WQs. Ones that have you kill 12 mobs, interact with 6 crates, mix up a potion, throw potion on ground, and finally get a boss kill at the end (or whatever).

It is pretty weird how I can only consider a single world quest off the top of my head from SL that is a straightforward "kill X enemies".

Complexity is nice and all for making a specific world quest more memorable, but I think for World quests the baseline should be to make the pool as big as possible, not as internally varied as possible.

I would rather have 3 different possible world quests in an area as opposed to one slightly more interesting one.
    The one in Bastion that has you gather 4 horns and then fly the lation springs to mind. Feels like that would be much more interesting if it was one world quest to gather horns, and then 3-4 different world quests where you fly the larion scattered around the zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It is pretty weird how I can only consider a single world quest off the top of my head from SL that is a straightforward "kill X enemies".

Complexity is nice and all for making a specific world quest more memorable, but I think for World quests the baseline should be to make the pool as big as possible, not as internally varied as possible.

I would rather have 3 different possible world quests in an area as opposed to one slightly more interesting one.
    The one in Bastion that has you gather 4 horns and then fly the lation springs to mind. Feels like that would be much more interesting if it was one world quest to gather horns, and then 3-4 different world quests where you fly the larion scattered around the zone.
    I agree, breaking them up like that would be a big improvement.

Having world quests pool, like how callings work could be a nice addition

Part of the monotity of world and daily quests is the fact that you log in daily in order to do the quests or you lose some kind or progression or for some people that sense of progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    Having world quests pool, like how callings work could be a nice addition

Part of the monotity of world and daily quests is the fact that you log in daily in order to do the quests or you lose some kind or progression or for some people that sense of progression.

You aren't really losing progression. Players should go at their own pace and if they feel like not logging on just yet, they are allowed to and shouldn't use excuses(I feel like I have to).

Warrior-Magi

A fair amount of the world quests are like that now yeah, but some are different. And I realize in the end it all boils down to the same thing but the perception, at least to me, is different. The WoD apexis dailies were boring slogs whereas world quests since (even including most Shadowlands ones) at least have some directed variation.

Its hard for me to put into words exactly why.