Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Their solution is so fantastic.

Attempt to join a game, you were too early so now you're locked out for 2mins. Try to make a game in the meantime, game says you're disconnected from the internet until you finally get to create a game, oh wait it already created the game for you and it didn't let you join while it was telling you to check your connection. Too bad now you need to wait another 2 mins to join a game, but don't join the game you already created because it will be deleted by the time you're able to join it anyway.

Instead of punishing people who are causing the problems, they are punishing everyone. And hilarious I got home from work tonight and signed in to play a game to be greeted by a short queue, I got online and there are literally less than 10 active public games in Nightmare. Exactly why do we need throttled login and game join/creation when the active userbase is tiny because most people are in bed?

It's mental that they would release the game in the state its in, because if we set aside all the server issues it's also buggy as shit and crashes constantly for tonnes of players. It boggles my mind how anyone can give Blizzard any benefit of the doubt on this.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2...-forward/28164

Read it again. It's all either database configuration, or old/unoptimized code.
    Well its 3am pst. I have a 150 person que. If thier servers cant handle 3-6am in americas on americas servers then somthing dun fucked up. Last night had a que around the same time but odly enough all the public games i joined had Chinese lettering in chat. Seems we are getting flooded from the asia servers and they need to do somthing, non native ips should not force us living here to sit in a que.

The queues are a deliberate temporary solution. I agree that it's fucked up that if you fail to join a game for whatever reason, you also get the 1min penalty. I'm assuming that is because they can only set that timer on a single junction in the code and not distinguish between fail-states, but that's pretty rough. Nothing to do with the servers though. Simply a cap to prevent breakdown of the service. And I've heard US servers share a server with the Australians. And it is the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Instead of punishing people who are causing the problems, they are punishing everyone.
    So, ehm, "who" are causing the problems, again? Do we have "protestors" who are burning down the servers here too, or can you perhaps pinpoint a subset of people you want to shove the blame on? I'm intrigued.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2021-10-24 at 11:54 AM.

The queues are a deliberate temporary solution. I agree that it's fucked up that if you fail to join a game for whatever reason, you also get the 1min penalty. I'm assuming that is because they can only set that timer on a single junction in the code and not distinguish between fail-states, but that's pretty rough. Nothing to do with the servers though. Simply a cap to prevent breakdown of the service. And I've heard US servers share a server with the Australians. And it is the weekend.

So, ehm, "who" are causing the problems, again? Do we have "protestors" who are burning down the servers here too, or can you perhaps pinpoint a subset of people you want to shove the blame on? I'm intrigued.
    The people who are making new games every 30 seconds consistently. It's not a fixed 1 min penalty, it varies massively from 20 seconds up to anywhere around 5mins or simply needing a hard reboot. They dealt with this in the original D2 by giving people realm down error who relogged chars too often within a short period or made too many games within a certain period, without punishing normal players in any way. You're just being dense and annoying again, keep up.

And I've heard US servers share a server with the Australians
    I'm playing Europe, where I get home at 1am and there are hardly any games but they still have a queue. After midnight there are not many public games running, often below 10 on normal/nightmare, the game has nowhere near the players it had at launch.

odly enough all the public games i joined had Chinese lettering in chat. Seems we are getting flooded from the asia servers
    Yeah see a lot of Chinese players on Europe server too, probably about half of the late night public games are Chinese. That being said though it only amounts to a handful of games in total, games often labelled something like "cowxzy" which turn out to not be cow games. I stumbled into a Chinese baalrun named something like "cowkzh" once.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-10-24 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Well its 3am pst. I have a 150 person que. If thier servers cant handle 3-6am in americas on americas servers then somthing dun fucked up. Last night had a que around the same time but odly enough all the public games i joined had Chinese lettering in chat. Seems we are getting flooded from the asia servers and they need to do somthing, non native ips should not force us living here to sit in a que.
    3am PST is 9pm in major parts of AUS which is part of the NA region.

The people who are making new games every 30 seconds consistently.
    This is core game design. It has always been like this. There used to be a max to the amount of runs per hour, which they probably brought with them from the legacy code, but that doesn't matte right now. But you are suggesting this is the fault of the people that play the game the way it is intended ?

This is core game design. It has always been like this. There used to be a max to the amount of runs per hour, which they probably brought with them from the legacy code, but that doesn't matte right now. But you are suggesting this is the fault of the people that play the game the way it is intended ?
    No I'm suggesting if you're not causing the problem you shouldn't have to deal with this issue. Are you suggesting that players using normal play patterns that do not cause server issues should be punished for no reason when the solution can simply target the problem, as it has always done? You're getting too close to sucking blizz dicks again.

How you can be so obtuse to the idea of a blatantly obvious solution that was already used in the past is bewildering to me, it's almost like you'd prefer the current situation than a normal working game.

No I'm suggesting if you're not causing the problem you shouldn't have to deal with this issue. Are you suggesting that players using normal play patterns that do not cause server issues should be punished for no reason when the solution can simply target the problem, as it has always done? You're getting too close to sucking blizz dicks again.

How you can be so obtuse to the idea of a blatantly obvious solution that was already used in the past is bewildering to me, it's almost like you'd prefer the current situation than a normal working game.
    Making games every 20 seconds is core game design of D2... I'm not sure why you're suggesting otherwise...

And if you're not doing this, you are also not suffering, because you won't have a game joining time-out.. because youre playing, well, another way.

The queues themselves are another matter, that's an overall solution that can't not impact a subset.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2021-10-24 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    3am PST is 9pm in major parts of AUS which is part of the NA region.
    Aus is not giving us server ques, Im not joining games and seeing english at 3am. Im joining games and seeing Mandarin. regardless i shouldnt get a que becuase people that should be using the asia server are flooding the americas servers.

Aus is not giving us server ques, Im not joining games and seeing english at 3am. Im joining games and seeing Mandarin. regardless i shouldnt get a que becuase people that should be using the asia server are flooding the americas servers.
    Depending on login servers AUS can definitely give NA queues.

And the game is global for a reason, people can play wherever they want.

Their servers cant handle being a global game, then it shouldn't be. Just because it is, doesent mean its good. Only reason Asia flood our servers is that theirs probably have even longer queues.

Aus has the population of one our americas states. I highly doubt its them and not asia making us have ques.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Their servers cant handle being a global game, then it shouldn't be. Just because it is, doesent mean its good. Only reason Asia flood our servers is that theirs probably have even longer queues.
    Its been over a week. Im sure daddy blizzard who have been running bnet for over 20 years can rustle up some fucking server capacity. or for fucks sake make login tokens so a crash doesnt mean 2 hours of waiting.

or for fucks sake make login tokens so a crash doesnt mean 2 hours of waiting.
    That's a huge problem, WoW has had it for ages, why wouldn't they think this needs it?

They also need to autokick afks to get the queue moving faster.

There are no forced DC's, so AFK players don't count towards queue progress. Only people that physically log off reduce your queue.
    and nobody wants to log off and sit in the queue, so we all just idle

Their solution is so fantastic.

Attempt to join a game, you were too early so now you're locked out for 2mins. Try to make a game in the meantime, game says you're disconnected from the internet until you finally get to create a game, oh wait it already created the game for you and it didn't let you join while it was telling you to check your connection. Too bad now you need to wait another 2 mins to join a game, but don't join the game you already created because it will be deleted by the time you're able to join it anyway.

Instead of punishing people who are causing the problems, they are punishing everyone. And hilarious I got home from work tonight and signed in to play a game to be greeted by a short queue, I got online and there are literally less than 10 active public games in Nightmare. Exactly why do we need throttled login and game join/creation when the active userbase is tiny because most people are in bed?

It's mental that they would release the game in the state its in, because if we set aside all the server issues it's also buggy as shit and crashes constantly for tonnes of players. It boggles my mind how anyone can give Blizzard any benefit of the doubt on this.
    Sounds like the full Diablo 2 experience to me, the stability of the game was a mess 15-20 years ago; it makes sense that they abandoned updates on the game for well over 10 years and it still plays like how it use to, go figure.

Yes, everyone was punished on battle.net; it was by design, but people still played it because it was the best we had at the time. So glad there's so many alternative games that deliver a much better experience than this dumpster fire.

I quit until they allow character restoration or put something to prevent one click deletes. I was playing the game, dropped my controller by accident and it deleted my best character and they don't care essentially. Needless to say fuck the developers for leaving a huge overseight like that in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I quit until they allow character restoration or put something to prevent one click deletes. I was playing the game, dropped my controller by accident and it deleted my best character and they don't care essentially. Needless to say fuck the developers for leaving a huge overseight like that in the game.
    Gotta press the button, then press and hold it for like 15 seconds. So 'dropping' the controller wouldnt do that. But i agree, maybe typing delete would be a better fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dymonic View Post
    Fighting against a warlock is about being under a constant barrage of smaller spells that chip away at your health. During the fight you would constantly be trying to do enough damage to the warlock to kill him before his spells build to critical mass, killing you. Warlocks prefer a very blatant display of their power. Walking around with their minions, or having their spells scorch the very earth they are battling upon

Quote Originally Posted by Nymfomania View Post
    Gotta press the button, then press and hold it for like 15 seconds. So 'dropping' the controller wouldnt do that. But i agree, maybe typing delete would be a better fit.
    Both are pretty deliberate acts, so I think it's fine.

And problems continues...Even on a sleepy Monday at 15. Chat bugged out when I was gonna trade with somebody and I DC in queue or something odd happened so I had to re-queue
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    How?

/chars

Both are pretty deliberate acts, so I think it's fine.
    This xD

Put aside that this is almost impossible to be a mistake, I do support the request to be able to restore a deleted character. Perhaps not as a rule, but at minimum as an exception.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2021-10-25 at 03:49 PM.