Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    the new sets are class specific and have nothing to do with races. So a lot of players, especially role players, will find that it is weird that every single race gets the same starting gear instead of something that resembles their race.?
    But it always have been this way, no? White dress for priests, blue dress for mages, red for warlocks?

Narrowing my eyes a bit at "obtainable" and wondering what timewalking currency style grind they would put them behind rather than put them on a vendor for engagement metrics.

Also still just seems monumentally lazy that a forsaken player being risen out of their literal grave and a tauren just going out for another day on the mesa a continent away wear the same identical clothes. If i was a new player i would probably think "shouldn't a game this old have designed unique outfits? this seems unfinished" by the time i make a second character and see the same outfits.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaked View Post
    But it always have been this way, no? White dress for priests, blue dress for mages, red for warlocks?
    I don't think Horde and Alliance had the same clothes, as I am fairly sure a Tauren priest does not get the same robe as a Human, or Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    I don't think Horde and Alliance had the same clothes, as I am fairly sure a Tauren priest does not get the same robe as a Human, or Forsaken.
    I'm kinda sure that undead warlocks have the same dress as a human

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaked View Post
    I'm kinda sure that undead warlocks have the same dress as a human
    Well they are both human(in different states of decay) so make sense, but I meant they don't get the same robe as a Tauren.

The simplest solution would be to have them all as transmoggables buyable for a few copper apiece in their respective race's starting zones.

any criticism about this is massively overblown. The only ones that would miss out on... would have been new players that do not need the vanilla white robes that can not be transmogged. There might be a few persons that would think back on it and say.. oh i can not roleplay with this exact white robe now... too bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    For all those pooh-poohing others complaining about the change, I can't wait for when something you care about goes bye-bye and you get a taste of your own medicine. /popcorn
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Narrowing my eyes a bit at "obtainable" and wondering what timewalking currency style grind they would put them behind rather than put them on a vendor for engagement metrics.

Also still just seems monumentally lazy that a forsaken player being risen out of their literal grave and a tauren just going out for another day on the mesa a continent away wear the same identical clothes. If i was a new player i would probably think "shouldn't a game this old have designed unique outfits? this seems unfinished" by the time i make a second character and see the same outfits.
    Adding them back as transmog sets available at the Darkmoon Faire that 'coincidentally' requires about 3 cycles of of the Darkmoon Faire to complete and get all the pieces of a particular starting set.

That sounds about right up their usual metric-driven alley.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Not everything is a problem that needs to be solved, you know?
    I agree with you in general, but can also see why there are people complaining. The game has been an ever expanding list of habitual problems for the better part of it's life and it's become a larger list since the start of this expansion. Expecting upcoming changes to perhaps tackle a point or two the list and the annoyance that comes after that doesn't happen for the umpteenth time can be rather wearing. Seeing as they've been in emergency mode since the lawsuits rolled in, you'd expect that most changes/fixes would be geared towards asked for changes instead of....this.

You are either wearing those for approx 45 seconds until you conjure all of your heirlooms or worst case scenario for 40-50minutes until you replace it by quest crap.

This is getting so much attention which could be put somewhere more productive. It's literally like arguing which brand of ball pen you will buy for the office.

Imagine the game which in 2005 realized that different races need different fantasy behind them. Blizzard is not that company anymore. Homogeneous gear… how tasteless.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn20 View Post
    Blizzard planning on making them available in future = Patch 14.1.5: We have added some legacy starter gear to a new vendor.
    What vendor. They will drop randomly from little bags that you get randomly from some daily activity.

The new starter sets look frankly awful.

At least the originals managed to actually suit all the races wearing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    The new starter sets look frankly awful.

At least the originals managed to actually suit all the races wearing them.
    That's what irks me about the new starter sets, they're obviously designed for humans (The basic "Stormwind"-style), and look very out of place on most other races.

I agree 100%
    However, remember that race specific gear would require effort. This is also the reason they STILL miss their heritage armor although they all should have plenty of lore to back it up.

I love how people are complaining about this, god.
    Like you weren't swapping out starter gear for heirlooms since WotLK as soon as you create a new character.

I have never in my life seen anyone wear these items anywhere, but now that they are being "removed" suddenly they became important?
    Nah, what a joke. Nobody will ever wear them in the future either because literally who cares about some 1 copper starter gear.

I don't know how Common Items that were never transmoggable getting this kind of attention while literally all the pre-cataclysm class/race shirts are still being sold on the Auction House for 1-3 Million gold EACH. What a joke.

Only rp scum would worry about a change like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    For all those pooh-poohing others complaining about the change, I can't wait for when something you care about goes bye-bye and you get a taste of your own medicine. /popcorn

i would agree if not those players could just get them right now...
    even if you already have 50 characters. delete one temporarily, create new characters, send the gear to bank chars, delete the new one and restore the previous 50. char on the account.

Anyone else just starting the game after the change becomes active... miss out on something of very little value to them.