So I put some time into Dying Light without it being updated and ya most if not all the DLC is on the cart. There is a update that takes about 5min's roughly to download.

Very solid port.

So if u want a open world looter and don't mind first person mode or zombies I personally recommend the game on any platform.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2021-10-20 at 03:53 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Wait what, who the fuck said Dread sucked because it's not as good as SoTN? This logic would be amazing because nearly every game released sucks using it.

I haven't seen anyone being mad about Dread tbh outside of Jaffe being an idiot and he has been an idiot for a long time now, nothing new.
    I was talking about fake FUD in comments at N4G from people that haven't even played it, but read this review that just dropped.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/gaming/...-dread-review/

I don't know if they are counted on metacritic or not, but I do know this happens to be 10 points below the lowest metascore at the moment, and a very late review. I also know that the dread metacritic page is a very popular place, and being the top or bottom score gets you great billing on that preview screen. Just saying. I have no idea if this is a legit review or what...but just read it.

Honestly, getting to a point in gaming where I don't trust pro reviews and most user reviews. If this keeps up, I'll only end up playing stuff I "think" I'll like before it releases...which is probably a better metric to use anyway, but I would have missed Hades doing that.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-10-21 at 03:52 PM.

Rumors of a new Switch? Now that's a new one.
    But boy, no backwards compability would be a hard nope to even consider it

Also lol, they wrote "2017" kinda wrong
    why we've been hearing so much about a "Nintendo Switch Pro" since 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    My absolute favorite part:

“…Nintendo insider and leaker that has proven reliable in the past, but a source that has also been off the mark in the past as well.”

I find it weird that they’d be a literally year from launch and are just now “remedying” the issue of lacking backwards compatibility. But maybe I’m naive towards console development.

Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post

“…Nintendo insider and leaker that has proven reliable in the past, but a source that has also been off the mark in the past as well.”

I find it weird that they’d be a literally year from launch and are just now “remedying” the issue of lacking backwards compatibility. But maybe I’m naive towards console development.
    "Our source is reliable but also not" sounds just about any Nintendo "insider" or "leaker". Guess something correctly by chance like "Splatoon 3 will be announced for sure!" or "new Pokemon game gonna be announced soon!" and suddenly people think that person has "inside info" despite not and continue to call them "leaker"

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Shit site that should never be taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post

The only way the Switch 2 or w/e they call it isn't BC is if they ditch nvidia, which they won't. It's not as simple as them just playing but ofc nvidia will have a solution for them for that just like amd did for PS4 BC on PS5. The cart issue is solved by putting an extra piece on the cart so Switch 2 carts can't go in OG Switch much like they did with DS->3DS.

There is no reason for them to forgo BC since it won't be a wildly different architecture or physical media type, and they will still want to sell a select few OG Switch games at high prices to Switch 2 adopters. Games like Smash Ultimate, BoTW2 and Splatoon 3 which won't have successors anytime soon will be evergreen titles selling as OG Switch games to Switch 2 users.

The only way the Switch 2 or w/e they call it isn't BC is if they ditch nvidia, which they won't. It's not as simple as them just playing but ofc nvidia will have a solution for them for that just like amd did for PS4 BC on PS5. The cart issue is solved by putting an extra piece on the cart so Switch 2 carts can't go in OG Switch much like they did with DS->3DS.

There is no reason for them to forgo BC since it won't be a wildly different architecture or physical media type, and they will still want to sell a select few OG Switch games at high prices to Switch 2 adopters. Games like Smash Ultimate, BoTW2 and Splatoon 3 which won't have successors anytime soon will be evergreen titles selling as OG Switch games to Switch 2 users.
    Well it all depends on what kind of CPU they want to use. The step from the PS4 to the PS5 while major in terms of performance was a small step because the CPU of both systems is based on X86 architecture. PS5 could probably emulate PS3 hardware but even that depends mostly in how much hacks Sony is willing to use

For the Switch however the biggest issue is Nintendo's use of medium for the games, cartridges are just more expensive then discs and the next gen games will probably be larger in file size then the avg switch game now.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    For the Switch however the biggest issue is Nintendo's use of medium for the games, cartridges are just more expensive then discs and the next gen games will probably be larger in file size then the avg switch game now.
    Nintendo will not be using discs in their next console, unless they for some reason decide to ditch portability.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Nintendo will not be using discs in their next console, unless they for some reason decide to ditch portability.
    I'm just saying, the biggest hurdle with future Nintendo releases and bc will be the cartridge system that Nintendo uses.
    If the device receives a raw power up that allows for larger games overal than the current cartridges just aren't good enough and then the question will be if the new device will be able to handle the old cartridges.

Even then it would be bad. Pay $25 one time to always have the dlc, or pay $50 yearly to keep access to the DLC lmao.
    And yet people have been paying $60/year for, mostly, peer to peer connections for the past 20 years for xbox live and the past 10 years or so for ps network. All you got was just access to the network and that was it. Its only been recent that companies started using dedicated servers.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

I'm just saying, the biggest hurdle with future Nintendo releases and bc will be the cartridge system that Nintendo uses.
    If the device receives a raw power up that allows for larger games overal than the current cartridges just aren't good enough and then the question will be if the new device will be able to handle the old cartridges.
    The cartridges are glorified USB sticks. Show me USB 3.0 slot that can't also read older 2.0 and slower sticks when one is plugged in.

They need to release the new membership already so I can play OoT lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

It's not a hurdle at all and bigger games doesn't mean larger file sizes either. You do realize PS5 games are on average 30% smaller then their PS4 counterparts in storage right? The fact you think jump in game quality = jump in file size tells me you have no idea how any of this works and I'm going to disregard your bad takes including your previous post acting like the Switch 2 won't still be ARM or would use discs lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.polygon.com/22741033/shi...ersona-preview

The Dark Souls of Persona previews have begun boys. Can't wait for their shitty reviews as well.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-10-25 at 07:41 PM.

15+ Year Old Account

https://www.polygon.com/22741033/shi...ersona-preview

The Dark Souls of Persona previews have begun boys. Can't wait for their shitty reviews as well.
    Which is funny because it's probably gonna be the easiest mainline. I'm tired of everybody saying they miss the social aspect of persona. Like it's literally not suppose to have a social aspect and the entire point is you're left alone in a destroyed tokyo and you have to deal w/ it or die you fucking nerd.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2021-10-25 at 07:37 PM.

I figured yall already had SMTV previews, lol.

This one is pretty good.

https://www.cgmagonline.com/articles...witch-preview/

I don't like to get hyped and be let down, but this one has got me pretty hyped tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Octopath is good if you're into more short stories, there is an over arching narrative but you have to fight a super boss in the end game for it to come together. But I also think it has the BD2 problem of the combat being more fun then the game deserves which makes it good imo but not great.
    It's worth noting that the Octopath super boss ending is fucking fantastic, and shockingly so many people I've talked to don't even know it exists.

I'm a huge Octopath fan though, and a huge fan of the end boss difficulty spike rewarding proper builds and time investment.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    It's worth noting that the Octopath super boss ending is fucking fantastic, and shockingly so many people I've talked to don't even know it exists.

I'm a huge Octopath fan though, and a huge fan of the end boss difficulty spike rewarding proper builds and time investment.
    Dont forget the final boss music:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SdyEun_Pls

Well you kinda have to finish every quest in game to be able to fight him and use every ability, so yeah people will miss him.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Nintendo has never really cared about power. And understand power is not what sells consoles (this is a Myth that needs to ends). It is all about the quality of the games, it doesn't matter how strong the console is so long as the games are good.

Also, games in general are moving away from physical media anyway. It wont surprise me if consoles all go digital only soon.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code