Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by JSoup View Post
    I agree with you in general, but can also see why there are people complaining. The game has been an ever expanding list of habitual problems for the better part of it's life and it's become a larger list since the start of this expansion. Expecting upcoming changes to perhaps tackle a point or two the list and the annoyance that comes after that doesn't happen for the umpteenth time can be rather wearing. Seeing as they've been in emergency mode since the lawsuits rolled in, you'd expect that most changes/fixes would be geared towards asked for changes instead of....this.
    It's a bunch of new art assets.

Artists are not game developers. To say that "they're wasting time creating new art instead of fixing bugs" is like saying the waiter should be in the kitchen cooking instead of serving tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It's a bunch of new art assets.

Artists are not game developers. To say that "they're wasting time creating new art instead of fixing bugs" is like saying the waiter should be in the kitchen cooking instead of serving tables.
    And your point?
    A painting of fruit is also a new art asset, but still happened for exactly the reason you bolded. Additionally, I never said they were "wasting their time". To liken the art team to 'waiters' is a whole new level of rude.

This might come as a surprise to you and others but the Blizzard team is a team. There are no programmers scheming behind a computer screen, stealing quick glances over the cubical wall, making sure no one will foil their master plan to frame those dirty old artists for recolor crimes. Someone said change a thing, so a thing was changed, the people who can make the change happened did. And this change isn't inline with whats been going on for the last month and a half. It shouldn't be a federal crime to raise an eyebrow here, much as the drama llamas around here would like to disagree.

Edit: Was about to reply to next post when I was pulled aside by other users who informed me, with examples, that Ielenia is one of those "argue down to the proton" types. I'm really not into getting into a trollfest argument, you're free to contact me over PM if you'd like to actually discuss something.
    Last edited by JSoup; 2021-10-25 at 10:59 PM.

And your point?
    My point is counter to yours. You literally said:
    you'd expect that most changes/fixes would be geared towards asked for changes instead of....this.
    As if implying that if art designers didn't work on those new art assets, then they'd magically transform into game developers to fix bugs and glitches in the game.

I'll repeat: those are art assets. Bug fixes and game balance changes would not come any faster even if those art designers didn't work on creating those art assets.