10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    Is this patriotism?
    Need our resident experts advice.
    Well it's a step up from an orange Boss Baby fondling a flag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Little known information, but yet, somehow the insurrectionists knew it, probably from insider information from the Congresspeople that gave them the information. But the Capitol building has 658 windows, only about a dozen weren't bomb reinforced windows. The attackers ran past closer windows to the windows that weren't reinforced.

These better be questions asked and answered about how they knew this in the committee.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...forced-windows

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...ter-s-n1281654

A 25-year veteran of the U.S. Capitol Police was charged Friday with trying to protect a person later accused of illegally entering the Capitol during the Jan. 6 riot.

A grand jury indictment charged Officer Michael Angelo Riley with repeatedly telling a person to delete all social media that would provide proof of entering the building that day.

[I']m a capitol police officer who agrees with your political stance,” Riley said in a Facebook direct message, according to the indictment. “Take down the part about being in the building they are correctly investigating and everyone who was in the building is going to be charged. Just looking out!
    Thank goodness idiots keep using Facebook to post their crimes or try to help others cover them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...ter-s-n1281654

Thank goodness idiots keep using Facebook to post their crimes or try to help others cover them up.
    Fuck him, let him rot in prison... and make sure he never sees his retirement money.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Little known information, but yet, somehow the insurrectionists knew it, probably from insider information from the Congresspeople that gave them the information. But the Capitol building has 658 windows, only about a dozen weren't bomb reinforced windows. The attackers ran past closer windows to the windows that weren't reinforced.

These better be questions asked and answered about how they knew this in the committee.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...forced-windows
    Well, with any luck, those windows(another others hopefully) will be switched out for breakproof windows. As terrible as this event was(and it was horrible in every way possible), sometimes you need someone to go breaking things(software developers know this all too well) to find the weak points. Too bad it had to be this, which should have never been a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    What the F is wrong with that country? Seriously...

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...tters-1246333/

Remember how Republicans complained about the House Select Committee and refused to participate?

Rep. Jim Banks (R-Ind.), who was denied a seat on the House’s Jan. 6 Select Committee, appears to be running his own investigation into what happened that day, and has even sent letters to Cabinet agencies requesting the same information being sent to the committee be shared with him.

“You are receiving this letter because the House of Representatives Select Committee to Investigate the events of January 6th may have sent you a request for information,” Banks wrote to Interior Secretary Deb Haaland in a letter from September. “The House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy appointed me to serve as the Ranking Member of the Select Committee. Yet, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi refused to allow me to fulfill my duties as Ranking Member.”

“I ask that you provide me any information that is submitted to the Select Committee,” Banks added. “Additionally, please include me on any update or briefing that you provide,” He signed the letter with the title “Ranking Member” — a title he has not been appointed to by the speaker.
    Liz Cheney called out his bullshit, as she is the ranking member of the Committee, and Jim Banks isn't even on the committee.

Just a reminder that Republicans are shameless in how willing they are to brazenly lie, even to government agencies.

Well this is getting interesting:
    Members of Congress reportedly in touch with the White House and others about planning for the Jan. 6 insurrection:

- Marjorie Taylor Greene
    - Paul Gosar
    - Lauren Boebert
    - Mo Brooks
    - Madison Cawthorn
    - Andy Biggs
    - Louie Gohmert
    Two sources are communicating with House investigators and detailed a stunning series of allegations to Rolling Stone, including a promise of a “blanket pardon” from the Oval Office

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    All of those names are not surprising, what would be is if authorities actually went after them.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Honestly, that list is about as shocking as finding out bread goes stale if left out in the air. I'm more shocked there aren't more people on there.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Honestly, that list is about as shocking as finding out bread goes stale if left out in the air. I'm more shocked there aren't more people on there.
    Well I guess the most interesting part was hidden in the article:
    The organizer claims the pair received “several assurances” about the “blanket pardon” from Gosar.
    If Gosar is promising people pardons for their upcoming actions on Jan 6, then it's pretty obvious he know what they were doing was illegal.

Well I guess the most interesting part was hidden in the article:

If Gosar is promising people pardons for their upcoming actions on Jan 6, then it's pretty obvious he know what they were doing was illegal.
    Personally, if I were on the committee, I would issue a subpoena for him immediately. Then when he refuses(and he will refuse), refer him for criminal contempt of congress and send the Sargent-at-Arms to arrest him and force him to answer as he can be compelled to under threat of imprisonment.

But that is me. Same with the rest. But him first.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Rolling Stone Exclusive:

Jan. 6 Protest Organizers Say They Participated in ‘Dozens’ of Planning Meetings With Members of Congress and White House Staff

This is what Treason looks like. The full article is not pay walled and is absolutely worth reading. TD;DR - Members of Congress and White House Staffers helped plan the January 6 Terrorist Insurrection.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Rolling Stone Exclusive:

Jan. 6 Protest Organizers Say They Participated in ‘Dozens’ of Planning Meetings With Members of Congress and White House Staff

This is what Treason looks like. The full article is not pay walled and is absolutely worth reading. TD;DR - Members of Congress and White House Staffers helped plan the January 6 Terrorist Insurrection.
    People complained it wasn't going fast enough. I said be patient. I said it takes time, real time to build a case as it still has to go through the courts. And the courts in the country are slow to move. I said be patient because you CANNOT mess it up. Not with something as this. If you go too fast, it could easily fall apart.

This is what I'm talking about. If they would have brought charges up of insurrection without any proof, it all crumbles. Now there is proof. Yes, we, as citizens, could see the proof clear as day. But when going to court, you need more then just a hunch. You need actual documents tying people to things. You need physical evidence to get charges in cases as this. Just random testimony will not work.

People wanted vengeance, people wanted blood. That is quick and dirty and usually doesn't get much done. I wanted justice and retribution. This is how you get it. Proof. Physical proof.

EDIT: On a side note, this is also why you never backstab anyone you are going to commit a crime with. They will have no issue throwing you under the bus if you do so.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    People complained it wasn't going fast enough. I said be patient. I said it takes time, real time to build a case as it still has to go through the courts. And the courts in the country are slow to move. I said be patient because you CANNOT mess it up. Not with something as this. If you go too fast, it could easily fall apart.

This is what I'm talking about. If they would have brought charges up of insurrection without any proof, it all crumbles. Now there is proof. Yes, we, as citizens, could see the proof clear as day. But when going to court, you need more then just a hunch. You need actual documents tying people to things. You need physical evidence to get charges in cases as this. Just random testimony will not work.

People wanted vengeance, people wanted blood. That is quick and dirty and usually doesn't get much done. I wanted justice and retribution. This is how you get it. Proof. Physical proof.

EDIT: On a side note, this is also why you never backstab anyone you are going to commit a crime with. They will have no issue throwing you under the bus if you do so.
    I could not agree more. I was also one of the people saying that the process is slow, for a reason, and that patience is important. Most people don't realize that mistakes on the investigatory/prosecutorial side lead to acquittals and mistrials. So a good prosecution team will go slow, test easy cases out, wait for evidence to develop, etc.

Well, one Senator decided that dealing with the insurrectionists was more favorable then being around the Super Spreader crowd of Republicans in a small room.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp

Sen. Angus King, an independent from Maine who caucuses with Democrats, opted to hide in his office rather than the designated secure location on January 6 out of fear of catching COVID. Several members of congress later tested positive for the virus after sheltering with unmasked Republicans.

"I walked in the room - and this was at the height of COVID - huge room, full of people, some of whom had masks on, some not," King said. According to the senator, he declared "I'm not staying in here" upon arriving at the room, to which a police officer responded, "well, senator, you must."

"The hell I am," Angus told the officer before leaving and going to his own office in the Hart Senate Office Building.

Mo Brooks doesn't like the Rolling Stone report and looks like he's willing to throw others under the bus, 'cause I guess he thinks that won't lead to more testimony against him.

"I don't know if my staff did.. but if they did I'd be proud of them for helping to put together a rally lawful under the First Amendment at the ellipse to protest voter fraud and election theft."

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Mo Brooks doesn't like the Rolling Stone report and looks like he's willing to throw others under the bus, 'cause I guess he thinks that won't lead to more testimony against him.
    He knew it was coming, especially since the fucker was wearing a fucking bullet proof vest when he was giving his speech that day. He is just as complicit, even if he didn't meet personally, which I highly doubt he didn't. He knew it was coming but didn't report it? Yeah, he was hoping it would succeed.