10+ Year Old Account
    Lagspikes are killing me. literally.

kinda takes the fun out of it when things stop for 1-2 seconds and BLAP. thankfully not playing HC, but still
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Like an idiot I forgot to reset my loot filter. Was wondering why it seemed like little was dropping, still had it on strict -_-

Oh well, build sucks for now so haven't been able to do too much Scourge. I kinda like it mechanically, you can weave it into your mapping uninterrupted and fuck with the UI stuff back in town. But I need to pick up more gear to toss in there and play around with it. I can see some decent combinations of krangles, and it looks like it'll be a good way to try to cheese a 5/6l, but not sure.

But bigger currency stacks are great. Big fan of this change, it's been needed for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Finished campaign and first map, ice shot trully sucks at leveling. I should have made zombie ranger till red maps. This was probably single most painful leveling i've had so far. It has amazing clear for aoe but zero ST even with support swapping.

As for league, 1 dc and 3 crashes so not even bad. Queue only at the beginning. League mechanic = skip so far. It's just waste of time while leveling.
    One you get the 5/5 link traits, it's easy 5-6 links hoping the corrupted implicit a don't brick the item. It's also a nice mechanic to stack with delerium.

Beyond that, it's a very light league mechanic. The big game changes like extra Uber bosses, new tree plus changes are my real reason for playing this league.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

level 89, 8 watchstones

2 tainted ex and a sacred orb, all are rarer than a normal ex

Worth about 15c total
    neat.

also about 700 alts into an 83 warlord citrine and no +1 fire

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Really not sure how I feel about Scourge though, so far. It's...I dunno, weird. We'll see how it is as it seems to get more filled with enemies and whatnot, but I'm not seeing it be too useful yet while leveling.
    Well when I was leveling I was putting 4L white items into crucible to get 4L rares because links are saved (atleast never broke for me) and I did not had alchs. Also putting white jewelry result sometimes in decent rare leveling rings/amu/belts.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    One you get the 5/5 link traits, it's easy 5-6 links hoping the corrupted implicit a don't brick the item. It's also a nice mechanic to stack with delerium.

Beyond that, it's a very light league mechanic. The big game changes like extra Uber bosses, new tree plus changes are my real reason for playing this league.
    What? Did you mean to quote someone else?
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

What? Did you mean to quote someone else?
    Probably should have clipped the quote on skipping leave mechanic. It's worth doing for the 5-6 links which I made 3 of before hitting maps.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

League mechanic is kinda lame. I get it's great having your own 5l/6l machine but for everything else it sucks. The amount of mods that absolutely cornhole you compared to a light pat on the head in exchange is extreme. Ooh good, +25 fire resistance not bad- oh 40% less global defenses, you know I'd be less offended if you just poofed the fucking thing.

I guess it's just on map corrupting duty now? I also hate warping/micro managing the the transitioning between demon and normal worlds.

Otoh, Poison Concoction fucks. I'll just casually level my Storm Brand inquistor while focusing on the PC PF.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    League mechanic is kinda lame. I get it's great having your own 5l/6l machine but for everything else it sucks. The amount of mods that absolutely cornhole you compared to a light pat on the head in exchange is extreme. Ooh good, +25 fire resistance not bad- oh 40% less global defenses, you know I'd be less offended if you just poofed the fucking thing.
    Yeah...mechanically it's great design IMO (even if you don't dig it). I like that you can seemlessly pop in/out during mapping and that the debuff acts like a good risk calculator.

But beyond that it's kinda garbage. Fine enough for some uniques, but nobody is going to have anywhere near enough "decent" gear to krangle reliably. Krangling white items seems more practical but it's beyond useless in terms of results. Maybe you need a FUCKTON of the krangled currency for it. But it really highlights just how bad and diluted the mod pool is, and honestly I'm thinking of kinda ignoring it.

And the rewards from the krangled dimension so far have been absolutely garbage, especially given how rippy that shit gets. 100%+ increased damage taken? Cool, why am I risking a death for the amazing chance at getting a krangled 2 socket rare armor with -23% global defense and absolutely 0 remotely useful explicits?

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Probably should have clipped the quote on skipping leave mechanic. It's worth doing for the 5-6 links which I made 3 of before hitting maps.
    Yeah but why would I do that before hitting maps? 6link is cool but without access to high level bases and points on tree it kinda useless itself.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Currently finishing act 3 and feeling the league mechanic sucks because i only get like 10 seconds in there.
    Watch a Stream and noticed the guy was given the crucible as soon as he left Lion's Eye.

I was not given a crucible...

Picking it up at lvl 35. Not too far behind i hope.
    Last edited by Fenzha; 2021-10-25 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Currently finishing act 3 and feeling the league mechanic sucks because i only get like 10 seconds in there.
    Watch a Stream and noticed the guy was given the crucible as soon as he left Lion's Eye.

I was not given a crucible...

Picking it up at lvl 35. Not too far behind i hope.
    My first two characters didn’t get one and I was shocked when something happened on my third.

I just keep getting to pools and feeling like I don’t want to do this again.

Man, scourge is so hilariously bad.

The mechanical design of the system is great - fill bar killing enemies, jump into alternate reality zone, kill enemies there to get a stacking debuff that makes you take more damage but makes drops better/fills krangle bar faster, repeat. It transitions smoothly with the knockback/stun when you change dimensions and everything. Even good to leave early and save for later in case you happen to pop somewhere without many enemies around. And with points, you can get a fairly good shot at a 6-link making machine with a bit of luck for semi-frequent free divine orbs.

Beyond that, I have nothing positive to say about it.

Mobs are grossly uneven in their difficulty, often leaning towards overtuned. A big part of this seems to be both the overabundance of proximity shields (fuckin why?) and the fact that enemies with haste aura seem EXTREMELY common, so if you aren't able to wipe everything quickly you're gonna get dogpiled and destroyed. Not to mention the scourge-specific enemies can be GROSSLY overtuned with some of their attacks. They're sorta telegraphed (at least the beam attack is), but often their telegraphs blend in to everything else so you're left getting wiped by something you couldn't quite see.

Then the crafting...oh god it's so awful. Absolutely horrible. Chris talking about getting krangled items while leveling that were BETTER than leveling uniques? Get the fuck outta here. I stopped after a while since it was too dangerous/unfun/was rewarding dogshit, but the only beneficial krangle on any gear I used was a bonus to freakin mana regen and a level 2 belt I used for a few levels with like 20 health and -11% global defense.

The beneficial rolls are largely dogshit in terms of power, the detrimental rolls are INSANE and far too often even invalidate the beneficial krankgle. You can FAR too easily brick uniques and other items given how rare it is that you'd find something that works well with it. With decent drops rare enough you're left either gambling what little decent loot you have in it and hoping you don't brick it before it can be sold or you're just tossing in white gear for the free alch, which is still fuckin pointless.

And when you have your krangled gear it's still shit. You can do something with it if you have a ton of krangled currency, but fuck that absolute noise. No more harvest crafting, no more bench crafting (at least for explicits), no more tweaking etc. It's krangled.

Would rather just toss everything into the corruption chamber in Alva's temple.

The core changes are carrying this league hard. Currency stacks in particular are one of the best QoL changes to this game in ages, plus the dramatically smaller atlas feels better even if I'm still in white maps and working on spawning my first round of conqs.

They really shouldn't have bothered with a mechanic for this league and left it with even more QoL changes. Unless they're testing some things for later leagues/PoE2, this league is a waste.

I also swear those Scourge mobs have super high accuracy. 75% dodge don't amount to shit.

Last edited by NoiseTank13; 2021-10-25 at 04:43 PM.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Seriously, the risk/reward for the entire league - from krangled dimensions to the krangled implicits, is garbage. 17% cold multi for -4 to all spells? I don't think that works with literally any build ever since all the cold DoT builds I can think of are spell based.

Shit item to begin with, but it just highlights how awful the mechanic is. If it was designed around loot 2.0 and had some sort of "smart" element to it, maybe. But as is it's just a good way to get a bunch of worthless items that are more likely to be have more negatives for your build than positive.

I'm astounded at how badly they've missed the mark with this, they're grossly overcorrecting for Expedition maybe being a bit too rewarding.

Edit: Real, who designed the mod pools? Why are detrimental mods SO much more powerful than beneficial mods by default? Why are SO many garbage beneficial mods like "reflect XX physical damage" or "reduced attribute requirements" in the pool at all? It's just highlighting both how awful and beyond useless a lot of mods in this game are and it's making the risk of krangling good items far, far, far too high for the reward.

https://i.redd.it/e5287sb61kv71.png

Krangled chaos dot bow, completely 100% bricked until dude can give it another krangle in the hopes it's literally anything other than "deal no chaos damage".

GGG sucks at risk vs. reward.

- - - Updated - - -

Did they have to give EVERY mob in krangle zones proximity shield in the league I decide to play a caster? Because it sure feels like it -_-

Edit: Man...I might tap out on this league early. I just loathe scourge with a passion. I strongly disliked Expedition as a mechanic (at least in maps) because of how it interrupted the flow of mapping, but the risk/reward was both a million times better balanced and it at least rewarded well even if you didn't spend all day at the vendors gambling and buying currency and trying to craft.

I'm sure Scourge can do super powerful things eventually or something but like...I haven't the foggiest clue what I'd even be working towards with it or what I'm actually chasing. Yeah, krangled maps seem like they drop better, but the risks for it are grossly out of whack with the rewards as a whole and require you to krangle a lot of maps.

This legit feels like a league GGG half made like a year ago and is bringing back for the post-3.15 game without changing it.

Slow down the game and try to combat insane DPS? GIVES US A MECHANIC WHERE HIGH DAMAGE AND SPEED IS A PRIORITY!
    Defenses buffed multiple times to try to give players some ability to actually survive hits as part of their attempt to slow down the game? GIVES US A MECHANIC WHERE WE CAN HAVE 100%+ MORE DAMAGE TAKEN, KEK.
    Says they don't want flask piano? GIVES US FLASK PIANO CRANKED UP TO 11!
    Says they don't want to have such a huge difference between difficulty of league/non league mobs? GIVES US A LEAGUE WHERE MOBS CAN HAVE 200%+ HASTE AURAS AND ATTACKS FROM OFF-SCREEN THAT HIT FOR 20K BASE DAMAGE!

Seriously, this league is kinda a disaster from my PoV from top to bottom. Everything about it sucks and is unfun and awful. The expansion is the only good thing that came with this league so far, and I may as well go back to standard and try to rehab some of those characters at this point. Hell, I could turn my garbage HoAg occultist into the stormbrand occultists I'm trying to make now on league in pretty short order.

Edit: Seems like from reddit...the intended method is to just juice maps and get tons of drops from those. I get that a bit more and at least that'll give us some crafting currencies and scarabs and whatnot, but man it just feels...not great. Especially given how unpredictable scourge continues to be in terms of risk.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2021-10-26 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Seriously, the risk/reward for the entire league - from krangled dimensions to the krangled implicits, is garbage. 17% cold multi for -4 to all spells? I don't think that works with literally any build ever since all the cold DoT builds I can think of are spell based.
    What the heck are you even on about? That is THE essence of risk vs reward. The whole point of corruption that it can completely brick. To serve as an item sink that has small chance to make great item godtier, high chance to not give anything interesting. And small chance to completely brick it.

GGG did not miss the mark, they hit the jackpot.

As for scourge mobs i can aggree that trillion proxity shields is completely retarded, but the rest of mobs are ok.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Finished campaign and first map, ice shot trully sucks at leveling. I should have made zombie ranger till red maps. This was probably single most painful leveling i've had so far. It has amazing clear for aoe but zero ST even with support swapping.
    interesting, i level with ice shot pretty often for single target and for me it's been very solid. this time around went iceshot-critdmg-critmulti-addedcold, with frenzy-hextouch-frostbite to tap bosses with. Once i got down to fangs of frost and picked up 40% of physical damage converted to cold on Cold Mastery shit just disintegrated. i imagine this was far from optimized but it carried me to maps and the first 3 labs at min level pretty wonderfully

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, I've given up on the league, or at least I'm taking a break for now. Not to repeat too many points made by -Edge, but I agree with most points they mentioned about the new mechanic; it feels super imbalanced in risk vs reward. It's like being offered to partake in Russian Roulette, but 5/6 chambers are filled and if you win, you get $20. The only benefits of scourging I saw were the initial items you get to replace white / low magic ones at like level 2-4, and the free alchemy shards while leveling. Doesn't help that I've had like 5+ crashes so far, which doesn't seem like a lot compared to other people I've seen (I was watching Kripp and he was getting like 1 every half hour or so at one point).

Doesn't help that my self made build turned out to be a dumpster fire, especially with the league mechanic needing you to constantly move or die instantly. I was doing ok through the campaign, but once I got to maps I was even struggling with magic tier 1 maps. Didn't help that I misread some ascendancy passives for my build, making them useless and I don't really feel like rerolling immediately after finishing the campaign or farming for regrets with a terrible build so I can try to salvage what I have.

On the plus side, at least you get 2 additional inventory slots à la Horadric Cube and the item stacking was nice. Expedition without the dozen or so currencies to pickup is great as well.

TL,DR: GGG claimed that they were solving a lot of issues from 3.15 and before, then krangled their patch notes and went in the complete opposite direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    interesting, i level with ice shot pretty often for single target and for me it's been very solid. this time around went iceshot-critdmg-critmulti-addedcold, with frenzy-hextouch-frostbite to tap bosses with. Once i got down to fangs of frost and picked up 40% of physical damage converted to cold on Cold Mastery shit just disintegrated. i imagine this was far from optimized but it carried me to maps and the first 3 labs at min level pretty wonderfully
    Leveling = just acts. When i hit maps it got good. Im obviously continuing it.

Now im getting TRPainChamp done for bosses. Like usual, two characters, one bosser one mapper.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

What the heck are you even on about? That is THE essence of risk vs reward. The whole point of corruption that it can completely brick. To serve as an item sink that has small chance to make great item godtier, high chance to not give anything interesting. And small chance to completely brick it.
    Risk too high. Rewards to rare. Rewards largely too underwhelming.

IMO they missed the mark. I'm not even bothering to put gear in there anymore honestly, not worth remembering to pick it up and toss it in.

Apparently all the good currency/fragment rewards are from maps so I'm trying to get one of those krangled. Everything just feels so bloody slow, like 4 maps in and this shit still ain't krangled yet. I just wanna see how worth/rippy this shit is already.