Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoW in a nutshell

For 9.1.5 "Vinyl: Triumph of Gnomeregan – Now a guaranteed drop from the Hard Mode version of the Reclamation Rig event."

Us collectors, those of us who play wow a lot, us nerds, we might as well just not bother ever going hard on grinds, cause Blizzard 1-2 years later fixes something that was obviously stupid and broken.

I spend I dont how long on this shit item...

Im tired of Blizzard model of fixing every fucking obvious bullshit so late even the thought of them doing it at that time is an insult.

Right now we have tons of really toxic and hard achievements added in Shadowlands, when will they also get fixed? Why play now...no point.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    For 9.1.5 "Vinyl: Triumph of Gnomeregan – Now a guaranteed drop from the Hard Mode version of the Reclamation Rig event."

Us collectors, those of us who play wow a lot, us nerds, we might as well just not bother ever going hard on grinds, cause Blizzard 1-2 years later fixes something that was obviously stupid and broken.

I spend I dont how long on this shit item...

Im tired of Blizzard model of fixing every fucking obvious bullshit so late even the thought of them doing it at that time is an insult.
    I mean it kind of always was like that with a lot of other items. I collect every item knowing full well that it's gonna be easier at some point. It's still fun to get it while it's hot though. If you want to quit the game and come back after 2 years to get everything feel free to do so.

Right now we have tons of really toxic and hard achievements added in Shadowlands, when will they also get fixed? Why play now...no point.
    Like which ones? I'm trying to get stuff right now because it's fun to do it while it's still new.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

I think the emphasis should be on the "fixes something that was obviously stupid and broken" aspect, as there wasn't any skill involved in completing that achievement... it was all random luck.

One of my former main drives in WoW was getting all the achievements every expansion, but what killed it for me wasn't that they nerfed the non-skill based achievements that were gated by pure random chance, it's that they let those go live in the first place. If they were nerfing skill-based achievements or deterministic achievements that weren't really random but required a large time investment... then I'd be rather upset as an achievement/collection person.

Ironically enough, this specific vinyl is the one I'm still missing even though I was farming it up until Shadowlands launch, but it never dropped from the reward box. It's one of many achievements like this, but they add up over time to provide either an unsatisfactory experience when trying to get the achievement, or they make you feel like you wasted your time if you went ahead with the busted version. Either way, everyone loses because it was introduced into the game that way at all.

As you can probably guess, I stopped playing in 9.1 for many reasons, but your concern is one of those many reasons as to why I just can't play the game anymore.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    I think the emphasis should be on the "fixes something that was obviously stupid and broken" aspect, as there wasn't any skill involved in completing that achievement... it was all random luck.

One of my former main drives in WoW was getting all the achievements every expansion, but what killed it for me wasn't that they nerfed the non-skill based achievements that were gated by pure random chance, it's that they let those go live in the first place. If they were nerfing skill-based achievements or deterministic achievements that weren't really random but required a large time investment... then I'd be rather upset as an achievement/collection person.

Ironically enough, this specific vinyl is the one I'm still missing even though I was farming it up until Shadowlands launch, but it never dropped from the reward box. It's one of many achievements like this, but they add up over time to provide either an unsatisfactory experience when trying to get the achievement, or they make you feel like you wasted your time if you went ahead with the busted version. Either way, everyone loses because it was introduced into the game that way at all.

As you can probably guess, I stopped playing in 9.1 for many reasons, but your concern is one of those many reasons as to why I just can't play the game anymore.
    Yep, to many bullshit achievements and grinds keeps being added to wow. It basically started in WOD when collectibles and achievements got stupid, like very stupid. There is no skil in doing say many of the achievements added in 9.1 - Its purely RNG what quests are up. Like right now we have these achievements with some random dayli in Korthia https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=...aguey#comments

No skill, no real grind, just bullshit. Over the years I never engaged in pet achievements, I dont like it, fuss im only at 33.3k nerd points atm, and the pet mentality I had since back then, is slowly creeping up in other areas as well...There is just to much bullshit. Lets talk about how rare the mounts added in 8.3 was? Invasion style mounts, toy items etc, not always up and very low drop %. So much fun.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2021-10-22 at 12:59 PM.

I was pretty disappointed recently to discover an achievement to kill 100 assassins in the Maw from the jailers eye. Well I had like 80 on my main and now the eye is gone.
    That was some awesome design for an achievement Blizz - maybe some warning that these achievements become unattainable on toons that kill the eye...

I kind of hate how they've slowly snuck mounts as paragon rewards back in and now bang, they're back to every rep having one or more. Even the really, Really shitty ones.

This in particular makes me feel like a lab rat.

Yep, to many bullshit achievements and grinds keeps being added to wow. It basically started in WOD when collectibles and achievements got stupid, like very stupid. There is no skil in doing say many of the achievements added in 9.1 - Its purely RNG what quests are up. Like right now we have these achievements with some random dayli in Korthia https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=...aguey#comments

No skill, no real grind, just bullshit. Over the years I never engaged in pet achievements, I dont like it, fuss im only at 33.3k nerd points atm, and the pet mentality I had since back then, is slowly creeping up in other areas as well...There is just to much bullshit. Lets talk about how rare the mounts added in 8.3 was? Invasion style mounts, toy items etc, not always up and very low drop %. So much fun.
    This is why I never even tried to get the crab mount in Nazjatar. These murloc traders... the mere thought of this system makes me want to vomit. Also, rares which seems never to appear...

Korthia is made in the same manner, thus I ignore these mounts just as well.

At least the bee mount was kinda ok, just a huge grind, but doable. Pity its only for Alliance characters. My Tauren and Vulpera characters would look good on that one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    I kind of hate how they've slowly snuck mounts as paragon rewards back in and now bang, they're back to every rep having one or more. Even the really, Really shitty ones.

Also this.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

They are not Legion mounts though. Legion drop was ~1%, SL are something between 5-20%.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post

The Vinyl also drops from Steel Singer Freza. You could have doubled your chances by killing it every day alongside the Rig. The final vinyl was rare but it was still like 1 month grind tops, if we can even consider doing something for 5 minutes a day to be a grind.

For a while now, most of your posts here are just complaints that you want to have everything but can't devote enough time so you're angry. Yes, there's way more stuff to collect. There's more RNG things, but there are also puzzle based things, skill based things (hello, torghast), things available at specific dates and so on. There's simply much more content for collectors. If you actually enjoy collecting, you should be happy about it. If you just obsessively want to have everything without effort, then you will be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I was pretty disappointed recently to discover an achievement to kill 100 assassins in the Maw from the jailers eye. Well I had like 80 on my main and now the eye is gone.
    That was some awesome design for an achievement Blizz - maybe some warning that these achievements become unattainable on toons that kill the eye...
    True, that one is weird. But that's probably because SL got somewhat derailed in many ways - by covid, by the company drama etc. They probably didn't originally plan to allow everyone to move freely on mounts in the old maw and didn't plan to remove eye mechanics. Some way to get the achievement will probably be added in the future, or it might get removed. There have been plenty situations in the past where there was an achievement that became unavailable for a period of time - most notably, transmog pvp set achievements.

Definitely agree on that one, but it's also not as bad as in Legion where you have to get tens of these chests. The paragon mount chances are much higher and you usually get them within a couple tries now, and often within like 1-2.

Quote Originally Posted by scubi666stacy View Post
    This is why I never even tried to get the crab mount in Nazjatar. These murloc traders... the mere thought of this system makes me want to vomit. Also, rares which seems never to appear...

Korthia is made in the same manner, thus I ignore these mounts just as well.

At least the bee mount was kinda ok, just a huge grind, but doable. Pity its only for Alliance characters. My Tauren and Vulpera characters would look good on that one.
    There was absolutely nothing hard about murloc traders and you could get the mount available from them within the first week of the patch. All the traders are also present in the hub of Nazjatar, genuinely not sure what you mean here.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

@Azerate Mate I have 33k nerd points, I litterally am ranked, last time I checked 2500 in world, with 610 mounts :P I am clearly then willing to put in the time. But there also has to be a balance. Like for instance, just today, after finally waiting for over ½ a year, yes ½ a year, the correct week for faceless is up in Islands. So now im just down to 1 item for my meta achievement on that, an item so rng you cant do anything about it, the venture co business plan.

Anyway I ofc did kill freza as well mate, I am all about playing efficiently, which is the sad truth in wow, unless you try to min-max grinds you dont get anywhere. I dont mind things that takes a long time, as long as I can see an end. For instance, I was one of the first on my server, maybe world(ish) to get 40 exalted reps back in wotlk. Doing the tribute north rep farming took many weeks of pure grinding - But there is no RNG to it, its just dedicate the time.

I miss when you can just time=gain, but now its purely rng.

10+ Year Old Account
    cause Blizzard 1-2 years later fixes something that was obviously stupid and broken.
    Obviously it seems to be frustrating for those who share the same point of view with the OP. There is a template which many MMO games follow and that's one of those; earn something when it matters. In the devs' eyes, acquiring this particular item doesn't matter anymore and thus the change.

From wowhead's page on it, people say you can use party sync with someone who hasn't completed the questline to remove the Eye of the Jailer, and you'll be able to spawn assassins again.

For what that's worth, definitely a strange oversight on their part though.

I think it's fine to make things more accessible to more people as time goes on. I'm not a fan of removing things from the game entirely. The benefit for the hardcore collectors is that they have the new and shiny thing while people still think it's new and shiny. But even then, few people actually care that I--or anyone else--collected a rare cosmetic item.

I kinda feel sorry for die hard collectors who just can't let go. You are really the lowest concern for Devs, because if someone has been so dedicated to farming achis/mounts/pets whatever the chances he will quit wow now are slim so they don't pay much attention to your problems.

I stopped caring years ago, when the amount of collectibles and achievements become so bloated it become nearly impossible to have it all. Nowadays I only collect stuff that's either really cool and I know I will use it on one of my toons or if the porcess itself is fun. Spending time on meta achiv to get a mount I will never use is a hard pass for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    From wowhead's page on it, people say you can use party sync with someone who hasn't completed the questline to remove the Eye of the Jailer, and you'll be able to spawn assassins again.

For what that's worth, definitely a strange oversight on their part though.
    That is awesome. I was thinking I need a new alt in the maw and start all over. I will test this out, thank you!

Im tired of Blizzard model of fixing every fucking obvious bullshit so late even the thought of them doing it at that time is an insult
    As a collector I'm glad they are making QoL changes to shit things to collect.

- - - Updated - - -

That is awesome. I was thinking I need a new alt in the maw and start all over. I will test this out, thank you!
    You should come to the AllTheThings discord https://discord.gg/allthethings.
    AllTheThings is an addon to help collectors more efficiently track what they've collected (and also add in new things that aren't tracked by Blizzard to collect) and as such the Discord is filled with people who do nothing but collect everyday which makes it a great source of information
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

@Azerate Mate I have 33k nerd points, I litterally am ranked, last time I checked 2500 in world, with 610 mounts :P I am clearly then willing to put in the time. But there also has to be a balance. Like for instance, just today, after finally waiting for over ½ a year, yes ½ a year, the correct week for faceless is up in Islands. So now im just down to 1 item for my meta achievement on that, an item so rng you cant do anything about it, the venture co business plan.

Anyway I ofc did kill freza as well mate, I am all about playing efficiently, which is the sad truth in wow, unless you try to min-max grinds you dont get anywhere. I dont mind things that takes a long time, as long as I can see an end. For instance, I was one of the first on my server, maybe world(ish) to get 40 exalted reps back in wotlk. Doing the tribute north rep farming took many weeks of pure grinding - But there is no RNG to it, its just dedicate the time.

I miss when you can just time=gain, but now its purely rng.
    Yeah you clearly are willing, but you've also been complaining about it for a couple years(?) now. All I can say to that is just...if you dislike it, stop doing it, if you don't dislike it - keep doing it and don't complain.

And, there are still definitely many goals that take time and skill in WoW. There's more content for collectors in general, which is good, not bad. A lot of it is based on randomness, just as it has always been.

For me getting the vinyls was part of the 8.2 Mechagon experience. I would log on to WoW and first thing I'd go take my 2 shots at the vinyl and was overjoyed after getting it finally. I was going for it when that patch was current content, and I got it. Why would I be mad that it's easier to get 2,5 years later? If someone is mad about things like that, how does one still continue being a collector in WoW after 8 expansions when that's been happening to everything including much more luxurious achievements? It's been like that literally since I started in Wrath, perhaps even earlier.

Someone who might be a returning player, or someone who just got into the game and decided to become a collector will have an easier time in Mechagon now to finish the meta and collect everything. I think that's perfectly fine, because there are much longer grinds in the current content that they will want to get probably as well.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I kinda feel sorry for die hard collectors who just can't let go. You are really the lowest concern for Devs, because if someone has been so dedicated to farming achis/mounts/pets whatever the chances he will quit wow now are slim so they don't pay much attention to your problems.

I stopped caring years ago, when the amount of collectibles and achievements become so bloated it become nearly impossible to have it all. Nowadays I only collect stuff that's either really cool and I know I will use it on one of my toons or if the porcess itself is fun. Spending time on meta achiv to get a mount I will never use is a hard pass for me.
    Then don't feel sorry, becase collectors are completely fine and having a blast. If there are any problems it's ocassional bugs like with the Korthia's Venthyr mount that wasn't visible in the journal for a while, and such minor issues. "Too much content" is certainly not an issue for a collector. Unless they don't actually enjoy collecting and just want to have everything ticked off on their lists.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-10-26 at 06:27 AM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post

Then don't feel sorry, becase collectors are completely fine and having a blast. If there are any problems it's ocassional bugs like with the Korthia's Venthyr mount that wasn't visible in the journal for a while, and such minor issues. "Too much content" is certainly not an issue for a collector. Unless they don't actually enjoy collecting and just want to have everything ticked off on their lists.
    Replies in this thread don't really line up with this sentiment. Collectors are too often angry about things that don't bother non-collectors, like rep cache mounts. For "normal" players getting a mount from rep box is a nice "oh, that's cool" moment. For diehard collectors it's annoying ring grind. There are other examples like this, but from my observations, hardcore collectors treat the game like (how you've put it) list of things that have to be ticked off, and for these players I feel sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Replies in this thread don't really line up with this sentiment. Collectors are too often angry about things that don't bother non-collectors, like rep cache mounts. For "normal" players getting a mount from rep box is a nice "oh, that's cool" moment. For diehard collectors it's annoying ring grind. There are other examples like this, but from my observations, hardcore collectors treat the game like (how you've put it) list of things that have to be ticked off, and for these players I feel sorry.
    There's some truth to this (I say this as a collector player).

Some I quit and returned, I've tried to have a more laid back outlook on collecting, especially given no collecting goal achieves have been added for years and years.

This is why I play 1-2 xpacs behind. If you're going for efficiency in collecting it works wonders.