Poll: Do you believe in psychics, extraterrestrial life, time travel, other universes?

Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post
    You explained to me the language definition thats not what i mean
    I mean...is impossible to even imagine in your head

infinity...we cant grasp it
    Nothingness...no space, exactly "nothing" is also impossible to grasp.
    What?

Neither of those things are "impossible to grasp". The simple fact that we actually have words to describe the concepts means that the ability to grasp them exists. Both "infinity" and "nothingness" are things that are actually relatively easy to conceptualize, even if we can not concretely replicate them in a physical sense (like, just because it's impossible to actually write the infinite number of pi doesn't mean we can't conceptualize it).

I mean, hell, attempting to argue that we can't "imagine" infinity is moronic, considering that there are ENTIRE diciplines of mathematics that deal explicitly with conceptualizing infinite numbers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    What?

Neither of those things are "impossible to grasp". The simple fact that we actually have words to describe the concepts means that the ability to grasp them exists. Both "infinity" and "nothingness" are things that are actually relatively easy to conceptualize, even if we can not concretely replicate them in a physical sense (like, just because it's impossible to actually write the infinite number of pi doesn't mean we can't conceptualize it).

I mean, hell, attempting to argue that we can't "imagine" infinity is moronic, considering that there are ENTIRE diciplines of mathematics that deal explicitly with conceptualizing infinite numbers.
    Not only that, but there are actually some forms of infinity that are very easy to grasp, IMO. It's not only things on a massive scale.

Like, mathematically, you can keep dividing a number infinitely. That's super easy to understand conceptually, I feel.

so Its safe to say that Chadow is the only one who cant grasp These things , while all of us can
    but he says they are Impossible since he can't.
    I think i know what' going on here

Quote Originally Posted by Shin0mura View Post
    so Its safe to say that Chadow is the only one who cant grasp These things , while all of us can
    but he says they are Impossible since he can't.
    I think i know what' going on here
    Imagine in your head infinity? can u do it? No, u cant

Imagine nothing? Can u do it? No u cant. At most you imagine the color black

Sure i can....thanks for asking.
    Wait-- you are not really asking, you are being coy and misleading.

why do you Keep saying "no you can't " when you are referring to YOURSELF and not any1 else?
    how can You honestly post things telling people they cant do something because YOU YOURSELF cant do it???
    it's easy to imagine the Concept of Infinity in your head, as well as nothing
    GUESS WHAT ? imagining your example -- the color black -- is an EXAMPLE of nothing
    or even better. WHITE. imagine nothing but WHITE, the absence of ANYTHING

your Attempts to be "heh, gotcha! " are failing because you are supposing something cant literally be done When you didnt even present it originally
    likewise....you keep Telling others they can 't do something as it's impossible for YOU.
    it seems that you have revealed YOUR limitations and now lashing out because we are addressing it.

your limitations to imagine/rationalize or quantify----you name it----the concepts of what you are providing is your problem, not the people who say you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Shin0mura View Post
    Sure i can....thanks for asking.
    Wait-- you are not really asking, you are being coy and misleading.

why do you Keep saying "no you can't " when you are referring to YOURSELF and not any1 else?
    how can You honestly post things telling people they cant do something because YOU YOURSELF cant do it???
    it's easy to imagine the Concept of Infinity in your head, as well as nothing
    GUESS WHAT ? imagining your example -- the color black -- is an EXAMPLE of nothing
    or even better. WHITE. imagine nothing but WHITE, the absence of ANYTHING

your Attempts to be "heh, gotcha! " are failing because you are supposing something cant literally be done When you didnt even present it originally
    likewise....you keep Telling others they can 't do something as it's impossible for YOU.
    it seems that you have revealed YOUR limitations and now lashing out because we are addressing it.

your limitations to imagine/rationalize or quantify----you name it----the concepts of what you are providing is your problem, not the people who say you are wrong.
    I am NOT in an offensive manner trying a "gocha" moment, i swear.

Since apparently i lack the brain capacity, can you please explain to me a never ending landscape?
    But wait...science puts the option that the universe is expanding...
    So...
    What is beyond the universe that is expanding? The...nothingness?

Is stuff like this i mean...

I swear im not trying to "AHAH gochu" moment.

Since apparently i lack the brain capacity, can you please explain to me a never ending landscape?
    So...

i Didnt say you lack the brain capacity, you are attemping to Undermine what i said as well as put words in my mouth.
    dont do that.
    these are Not the questions you have presented earliuer
    you are moving goal posts
    I will wait for ur original question to be expanded on by yourself

So...

Wait wait wait wait wait....

your "difficult to imagine" scenario here is a "never ending landscape".......

Are you fucking kidding me? Goddamned gradeschoolers have more imagination then you do apparently. Like, an infinite landscape is probably one of the least difficult conceptualizations of infinity that you could possibly come up with.

As for what exists outside of the boundaries of the universe, nobody knows, though that's a better question for astrophysicists that anyone else. It could be an endless void of absolutely nothing. It could also be that there actually IS something out there, and we just have no current way of measuring / detecting it, like a cosmic background texture or something.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2021-10-25 at 08:41 PM.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    If you want to see a space being/alien all you have to do is go look in a mirror

If only 0.1% of the universe has been studied how can one claim there is no life in the other 99.9%.

Mandela Effects often contains time travel.

All creation is a paradox, the universe can't logically be infinite & at the same time it can't have an end. & everything has a beginning but space/area must have always existed & can logically never cease to exist. the "Big bang" theory is just a tiny insignificant event that explains how mass started to form.

Another paradox is how far can you zoom in? the answer is infinitely, so the universe is infinitely small & infinitely big.
    Last edited by DookuDookuTree; 2021-10-25 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by squidgod View Post
    If you want to see a space being/alien all you have to do is go look in a mirror

If only 0.1% of the universe has been studied how can one claim there is no life in other 99.9%.
    How can one claim that there is?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Imagine infinity? Ok very simple. I'll even give you a visual reference.

O

there is infinity.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by squidgod View Post
    ...I need to shave...and...*sigh* I need to get younger.
    *head slumps*
    ...I'm not crying, I'm just tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Why did you bring up "Ghosts"? It isn't even part of the topic.

The topic is "Do you believe in Ghosts, ET life, Alternate Universes, and/or Time Travel?"
    Read your own goddamned post again and think for 30 seconds before replying

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Read your own goddamned post again and think for 30 seconds before replying
    I meant to write psychics in the second sentence.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Imagine infinity? Ok very simple. I'll even give you a visual reference.

O

there is infinity.
    No. Here is infinity: ∞

Though O or 0 etc still work, migth as well use the actual symbol for infinity

I think that when people think that imagining infinity is hard, they try to imagine infinite time, for instance. Which is silly, because there is only 'now'. There is no infinite time.

Speaking of, there is no time travel, as there is only 'now'.
    Hi

It would seem unlikely that there isn't other intelligent life in all of existence. Probably just a matter of where and how intelligent.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    To me, the question "Do you believe in Physics?" is absurd. And I find the fact that so many people out there seem to think that it is a question of belief rather disturbing.

Physics is literally just "the branch of science concerned with the nature and properties of matter and energy". Granted, pretty much everything physics has to tell us about the universe either needs to be understood via expertise or accepted on belief. I guess I am also disappointed in the modern trend of choosing to disbelieve stuff that science tells us because we personally don't understand it. This trend seems to be particularly prevalent among the sort of folks who view science and religion as competing points of view when this is not necessarily the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    To me, the question "Do you believe in Physics?" is absurd. And I find the fact that so many people out there seem to think that it is a question of belief rather disturbing.

Physics is literally just "the branch of science concerned with the nature and properties of matter and energy". Granted, pretty much everything physics has to tell us about the universe either needs to be understood via expertise or accepted on belief. I guess I am also disappointed in the modern trend of choosing to disbelieve stuff that science tells us because we personally don't understand it. This trend seems to be particularly prevalent among the sort of folks who view science and religion as competing points of view when this is not necessarily the case.
    OP is talking about people reading minds etc not physics

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Psychics, not physics.

Maybe someone needs a "physic."