Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Why are they using real guns on a set anyways? I literally just watched a movie with a fucking dragon fighting some lovecraftian monster and you’re telling me they can’t cgi a gun?
    Cost. On a low budget movie, there might not be enough in the budget for decent looking CGI.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Cost. On a low budget movie, there might not be enough in the budget for decent looking CGI.
    It has nothing to do with cost. Decent gunfire CGI is ridiculously easy and cheap to do. But even excellent gunfire CGI isn't super realistic.

More importantly, though, practical firearm effects are extremely safe when all the rules are followed. And they typically are; accidents are exceedingly rare. This is just a textbook case of the rules not being followed properly.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kno...baldwins-fatal

Don't worry y'all, "very good, moral people" are using this tragedy to make themselves a profit.

This sums up the criticism in a nutshell. A bunch of folks happy they have a new dead body to make money off of. Capitalism, ho!
    yeah just like the left any time theres a shooting... im not sure if you're that ignorant or blind to your blatant hypocrisy

- - - Updated - - -

Why are they using real guns on a set anyways? I literally just watched a movie with a fucking dragon fighting some lovecraftian monster and you’re telling me they can’t cgi a gun?
    because blanks are cheaper than hiring someone to do cgi
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    yeah just like the left any time theres a shooting... im not sure if you're that ignorant or blind to your blatant hypocrisy
    Really? Got any examples of that? And from the direct family members of a former POTUS?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Really? Got any examples of that? And from the direct family members of a former POTUS?
    you keep bringing up how the right is doing this and totally ignore every time there's a shooting the left doesn't immediately start stacking up bodys to stand on except when it comes to chicago or baltamore or philly or any city in california. once again are you that blind or just that ignorant?
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

you keep bringing up how the right is doing this and totally ignore every time there's a shooting the left doesn't immediately start stacking up bodys to stand on except when it comes to chicago or baltamore or philly or any city in california. once again are you that blind or just that ignorant?
    That doesn't look like an example, so I'll assume that none exist and you were just having a knee-jerk reaction to a perceived sleight. I don't think Donnie Jr. needs you to run defense for him on the internet for free.

If you're attempting to compare liberals policy advocacy in response to shootings versus this profit driven response, then that's on you for not understanding the difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ability of this forum to turn just about everything into politics never seizes to amaze me.

It's an accident, there is no need to turn this into another Blue vs Red shitfest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you cite an example where they were selling t-shirts?

Not to raise awareness, mind you, but to mock and make a profit? Over an accidental killing?

And then even if you can somehow do that… was it not just some nobody, but the son of a former president?

Cuz if not… yeah, there’s no real “left wing equivalent.”
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its cheaper, props are generally look better, and it's safe if protocol is followed. When protocol isn't followed tragedies happen.

You have an inexperienced armorer who was already unsure of herself and an assistant director with a problematic history regarding firearms on set. Bad combo. The worst storm.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    You have an inexperienced armorer who was already unsure of herself and an assistant director with a problematic history regarding firearms on set. Bad combo. The worst storm.
    Aaaand the union workers that would normally be in charge of the props were replaced extremely last-minute with non-union workers earlier that day after the union workers complained about the lack of proper safety on-set.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    You're describing a fever dream that only exists in your head. Not reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    you keep bringing up how the right is doing this and totally ignore every time there's a shooting the left doesn't immediately start stacking up bodys
    ITT: "I can't tell the difference between calling for reforms to prevent similar tragedies and people using it to make a buck".

Yet another instance of projection. Right wing pundits are soulless degenerates only concerned with money therefore everyone must be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    ITT: "I can't tell the difference between calling for reforms to prevent similar tragedies and people using it to make a buck".

Yet another instance of projection. Right wing pundits are soulless degenerates only concerned with money therefore everyone must be.
    That moment when profit driven motives and policy driven motives are indistinguishable because there's no actual difference for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    The ability of this forum to turn just about everything into politics never seizes to amaze me.

It's an accident, there is no need to turn this into another Blue vs Red shitfest.

Most of the posters in this thread specifically live, breathe, and shit the Politics side of this website. There is nothing else for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

This thread literally only exists because Baldwin's politics conflict with those of the OP and people like him.

- - - Updated - - -

because blanks are cheaper than hiring someone to do cgi
    Not fucking surprising you are trying to both sides this bullshit.

I watched a stuntman vid a few weeks ago when it popped up in my recommended on youtube, jump to 5:40 for them talking about gun work and why they prefer to use blanks:

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

"No, no, the left is just as bad when it comes to gun violence, if not worse. When people are killed, they have the AUDACITY to want to save lives. That's TERRIBLE and so much worse than when the right mocks the situation. Both sides you hypocrites!!!"

I don't think that's the argument you think it is.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/veteran-p...230617847.html
    Veteran prop master turned down 'Rust' film: 'An accident waiting to happen'
    But during four days of informal discussions with film managers, Zoromski said he got a "bad feeling."

"There were massive red flags," he said in an interview Sunday with The Times.

He said he felt that "Rust" was too much of a slapdash production, one with an overriding focus on saving money instead of a concern for people's safety. Production managers didn't seem to value experience and were brushing off his questions, he said.

Zoromski ultimately told "Rust" production managers that he would take a pass.

"After I pressed 'send' on that last email, I felt, in the pit of my stomach: 'That is an accident waiting to happen,'" he said.

He said he felt that "Rust" production managers were being "evasive" when he asked about specific terms of his potential employment. The budget, estimated at about $7 million, seemed too small for the type of film the producers were attempting to make. He couldn't get an answer on the budget for his "kit," industry jargon for his cache of props needed to stock the set.

He said he also became alarmed because it was just two weeks before "Rust" was set to begin filming in New Mexico and the producers hadn't yet hired a prop master. Typically, those decisions are made weeks, even months, before the cameras roll.

"In the movies, the prep is everything. ...You also need time to clean, inspect and repair guns,” he said. “You need time to fix old clocks. In period films, you are sometimes using antiques. But here, there was absolutely no time to prepare, and that gave me a bad feeling."

And the deal breaker?

Zoromski said he initially asked for a department of five technicians. He was told that "Rust" was a low-budget production and that plans were to use items from a local prop house. He modified his request to have at least two experienced crew members: one to serve as an assistant prop master and the other as an armorer, or gun wrangler, dedicated to making sure the weapons were safe, oiled and functioning properly.

But the "Rust" producers insisted that only one person was needed to handle both tasks.

"You never have a prop assistant double as the armorer," Zoromski said
    . "Those are two really big jobs."

Walters, the production manager, sent Zoromski an email Sept. 24 that read: "We'd really like one of the assistants to be the armorer that can push up on the gunfights and heavy armor days," according to a copy of the email shared with The Times. (Walters did not respond to requests for comment.)

Zoromski replied: "Unfortunately, I have to pass on this opportunity. I am grateful for your interest and wish nothing but the very best for you, your crew and the show
    I feel there will be some big lawsuits coming out of all this. We hear all the time about accidents because people wanted to save a few bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    We hear all the time about accidents because people wanted to save a few bucks.
    Capitalism, ho!