Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    How?

/chars

This xD

Put aside that this is almost impossible to be a mistake, I do support the request to be able to restore a deleted character. Perhaps not as a rule, but at minimum as an exception.
    Prior to them changing it to a "hold to delete" it was pretty easy to delete honestly. All you had to do was accidently hit like circle and x on a playstation controller, or click what looked like an "exit" symbol and click ok without reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymfomania View Post
    Gotta press the button, then press and hold it for like 15 seconds. So 'dropping' the controller wouldnt do that. But i agree, maybe typing delete would be a better fit.
    That isn't true, on PC it was a single press on the controller hence the issue.

Have they released crack and torrent yet?
    Shocker this games sucks too... Fool me once, shame on you... Fool me twice shame on me... And after being refused refund on WC3 and knowing this would be a joke release, i'm really wanting to pirate it and get my money back....
    Don't care about multiplayer in some ancient game i've already played to death, give me a couple days free nostalgia...

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    That isn't true, on PC it was a single press on the controller hence the issue.
    afaik, on PC you need to press the a key for 15 seconds as well, i recently had to delete a dead HC char :P So this still sounds crazy to me.
    I do have an XBOX Controller for my pc, so tell me what you did and I'll try to reproduce.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Have they released crack and torrent yet?
    Shocker this games sucks too... Fool me once, shame on you... Fool me twice shame on me... And after being refused refund on WC3 and knowing this would be a joke release, i'm really wanting to pirate it and get my money back....
    Don't care about multiplayer in some ancient game i've already played to death, give me a couple days free nostalgia...
    The game is great, so if you don't care about multiplayer, buy it.

It's actually the exact opposite of your little rant. It's the people who want to play online, that can't. Well, rephrase, have to sit in a queue once every so often. Unless they crash, that's sort of annoying.

Got my HC Javazon through hell solo (online). Almost died on my first cow level, because of course it spawns on top of the cow king.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2021-10-25 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    That's a huge problem, WoW has had it for ages, why wouldn't they think this needs it?

They also need to autokick afks to get the queue moving faster.
    Wow has hundreds of realms. Diablo 2 has 3 region realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Wow has hundreds of realms. Diablo 2 has 3 region realms.
    What does that have to do with anything? lol, number of realms doesn't really affect them not having disconnect protection or auto kick afks.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    What does that have to do with anything? lol, number of realms doesn't really affect them not having disconnect protection or auto kick afks.
    What in the blue hell is "disconnect protection"?

Quote Originally Posted by Kittahsmash View Post
    What in the blue hell is "disconnect protection"?
    You sit in queue for as number 400, get in, play for 5mins, game crashes/disconnects you/gets your char stuck in a game that requires you to shut down the game(or even rebooting) or yeets you out for some other reason.

Grats, you're now back as number 400 in the queue.

"disconnect protection" is a thing most online games have, that saves you for a little while so you can skip the queue for a small amount of time after a potential dc.

Making games every 20 seconds is core game design of D2... I'm not sure why you're suggesting otherwise...

And if you're not doing this, you are also not suffering, because you won't have a game joining time-out.. because youre playing, well, another way.

The queues themselves are another matter, that's an overall solution that can't not impact a subset.
    You're being obtuse again. Making lots of games fast is common part of Diablo 2 gaming, but it's also the main cause of the problem. People attempting to join games in a normal fashion are being punished and it's completely unnecessary. You get 1 attempt to join or create a game and if it fails for any reason you're locked out for a not-consistent time period, regardless.

Join a dead baal/trist/tomb/any run and want to join in on the next game? Too bad, you're locked. Tried to create a game with the same name, well too bad now you're locked. Try to join a game and it's full? Too bad, now you're locked. You get 1 attempt, while all Blizzard has to do to not screw over everyone is to throttle players consistently making lots of games within a very short period and not block every single player after 1 game creation/join attempt, even if they are unsuccessful.

They already did it in Diablo 2, and it worked... If you cant differentiate the situations here you're quite literally so blinded by your own cognitive dissonance that the blatantly obvious is invisible.

Quote Originally Posted by cozzri View Post
    Sounds like the full Diablo 2 experience to me, the stability of the game was a mess 15-20 years ago; it makes sense that they abandoned updates on the game for well over 10 years and it still plays like how it use to, go figure.

Yes, everyone was punished on battle.net; it was by design, but people still played it because it was the best we had at the time. So glad there's so many alternative games that deliver a much better experience than this dumpster fire.
    I always played on Battlenet in the old days, the current situation is the same but worse. All of the old issues are still present but

1. Game join issues are far more punishing (in the past if you got the issue you'd just escape back to char select screen and then log right back in and you were good to go, it'd take 2-3 seconds, now that does nothing and you can be locked out for several minutes or in rare cases until you completely restart the game, which is slower to load/log in than vanilla d2.

2. The lobby is gone, it exists as a shell of itself but no custom lobbies to organise games.

It's just the same issues as Bnet from 20 years ago, but worse.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-10-26 at 04:01 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    You're being obtuse again. Making lots of games fast is common part of Diablo 2 gaming, but it's also the main cause of the problem. People attempting to join games in a normal fashion are being punished and it's completely unnecessary. You get 1 attempt to join or create a game and if it fails for any reason you're locked out for a not-consistent time period, regardless.

Join a dead baal/trist/tomb/any run and want to join in on the next game? Too bad, you're locked. Tried to create a game with the same name, well too bad now you're locked. Try to join a game and it's full? Too bad, now you're locked. You get 1 attempt, while all Blizzard has to do to not screw over everyone is to throttle players consistently making lots of games within a very short period and not block every single player after 1 game creation/join attempt, even if they are unsuccessful.
    I have already responded to this somewhere in this thread to another person. Yes it's shit, no I don't think it's deliberate. If they could do it another way, they would. The end. I can't help that you don't keep up with reading posts and only selectively read the things you can use to ad homine someone. Yes, that is now a verb.

Quote Originally Posted by Pozz View Post
    You sit in queue for as number 400, get in, play for 5mins, game crashes/disconnects you/gets your char stuck in a game that requires you to shut down the game(or even rebooting) or yeets you out for some other reason.

Grats, you're now back as number 400 in the queue.

"disconnect protection" is a thing most online games have, that saves you for a little while so you can skip the queue for a small amount of time after a potential dc.
    thats called a login token. Its very easy and even wow has it. its not hard.

afaik, on PC you need to press the a key for 15 seconds as well, i recently had to delete a dead HC char :P So this still sounds crazy to me.
    I do have an XBOX Controller for my pc, so tell me what you did and I'll try to reproduce.
    I am not fucking lying so I don't know what to tell you, they must have fixed after this happened, I and a few others made pissy post telling them it is unacceptable to not have a prevention or character restore. Just because it didn't happen to you doesn't make it instantly fake.

I have already responded to this somewhere in this thread to another person. Yes it's shit, no I don't think it's deliberate. If they could do it another way, they would. The end. I can't help that you don't keep up with reading posts and only selectively read the things you can use to ad homine someone. Yes, that is now a verb.
    Vespian we got off on the wrong foot because you decided to start a conversation by insulting me, after that everything is fair game and I quite honestly enjoy it. I don't selectively read anything, I got it from the start you've been caught with a blizz dick in your mouth and you can't bring yourself to agree with me even when you do.

Just agree that the current situation is unacceptable and is far from a quality service, because it's a fact. Acknowledge that they can and should do something more about it because they had the solution in the past. How many times have I said that now? Do you have a filter on that makes it impossible for you to concede that plain fact? Because the whole basis of your "this is the best they can manage" line of thought relies specifically on ignoring the fact that a simple better solution has existed previously.

No restrictions are ideal, but the current ones are downright unnecessary. And if incompetence is the cause (as some ex-blizz employees have publicly alluded to) then why should you give them any leeway or benefit of the doubt?

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I am not fucking lying so I don't know what to tell you, they must have fixed after this happened, I and a few others made pissy post telling them it is unacceptable to not have a prevention or character restore. Just because it didn't happen to you doesn't make it instantly fake.
    You're not lying he just hasn't followed the changes, for someone who considers himself an expert he should know that Blizzard implemented a fix to avoid accidental character deletion because they had a lot of complaints. The fix is the confirmation period.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-10-26 at 05:49 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Vespian we got off on the wrong foot because you decided to start a conversation by insulting me, after that everything is fair game and I quite honestly enjoy it. I don't selectively read anything, I got it from the start you've been caught with a blizz dick in your mouth and you can't bring yourself to agree with me even when you do.
    Oh, I have no issue agreeing with you on fair points, but I still don't understand the profanity. First of all, it's complete BS. I've taken stance against Blizzard many times. I've been banned from their forums for addressing Warrior nerfs in Vanilla, I have loooong since abandoned the game, because Blizzard as a whole is soulless shell. I have been very outspoken about the wokefied approach to the D2R, with the now 6? male classes and one female, the sorceress, which apparently is the ultimate feminist sacrifice, turn yourself into a man and beat them at the olympics. Or something. Oh no wait, that was the other way around.

My point is, I don't have a predisposed position. I just don't.

I...think I agree with you that they could do something about queues if you get disconnected or crash. I think they could alter code to change how the game handles the 1m time-out (which by the way has never been more than 1m for me), however, since I both program and am in involved in projects that distribute software, I'm more inclined to give them a little bit of leeway, because there could be factors we're not aware of that would make this hard. An example would be if the legacy code is simply too complex. And I don't mean codewise, I mean logic wise. If you've ever done LUA programming for example, which are basically just textfiles (my own experience is writing MUD bots) with even less structure than java, you'll know that if you don't neatly organize everything and 10 years later you have forgotten how you did it, you'll spend a lot of time reverse engineering your own code. Let alone reverse engineering someone else's code. There are even meme's about this.

All in all, I think there is stability right now. Stability is the primary objective of a company that delivers a product that is everything but stable. Their focus has been and will be:
    - Keep the game running
    - Reduce the amount of crashes
    - Work on the long term fix

They have done the first, they are working on the second and third and have introduced some patches that reduce crashes. Right now, I can only complain about the queues themselves and I choose not to. There is no value in complaining about them. They suck, it's annoying, but I know that I'll be playing the game for several hours with at most a chance for a crash once every ~4 to 8 hours. Those are not bad odds.

In my opinion, there truly isn't anything, right now, that goes beyond 'just annoying'. I don't need to be a sock-puppet to objectively state that I currently do not yet have any issues with the way Blizzard has handled this, so far.

And Second:
    Profanity is for the simple.

You're not lying he just hasn't followed the changes, for someone who considers himself an expert he should know that Blizzard implemented a fix to avoid accidental character deletion because they had a lot of complaints. The fix is the confirmation period.
    They built in that fix before he made that post. I don't know what to say. Is he lying.. I dunno.. could just be another dude making stuff up to complain about on a forum that's all about complaining about Blizzard. But I do know that I had to delete my Sorceress before he made that post and I had to press a button for 15 seconds. I understand that it's possible that he made that post a week after the fact, but that's unclear.

Also; I agreed with the core of his post. There should be an option to restore a character. As an exception, not a rule.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2021-10-26 at 09:38 PM.

So the fuckheads at blizzard strike again.

Americas and Europe realm now have 2-3 split ips. so Americas 1 and 2 and europe 1-3. You cant trade with people not on your ip. You cant even join friends via bnet list if they are on a different ip. Only way to trade is to join asia server, sit through que and do it there since they havnt split ips.

Yeah good thing i refunded. Was the last time i get trapped by a blizzard game, last time was bfa and i left after a month. Just done with their shit, from now on, waiting months before i look into any released blizzard games, probably go get some cheap keys too, making sure i give them the least money possible if one of their game ever makes it out of shit zone.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2021-11-04 at 04:50 AM.

I kind of thought okay, legacy code, rushed release, it's not that surprising we got a wonky first week.

But it's been how long now? And they keep fucking things up. This does not make make a happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymfomania View Post
    Gotta press the button, then press and hold it for like 15 seconds. So 'dropping' the controller wouldnt do that. But i agree, maybe typing delete would be a better fit.
    They changed that recently. It wasn't like that early on. A lot of people though the red X meant exit so they mindlessly clicked accept and deleted a char forever or even what the other poster said. Now it has a bin icon instead of an X and requires you to confirm it for 15 secs.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I kind of thought okay, legacy code, rushed release, it's not that surprising we got a wonky first week.

But it's been how long now? And they keep fucking things up. This does not make make a happy camper.
    The one part blizzard was in charge of. The one fucking part. the servers, and they fuck it up.

When a small indie company releases a brand new game like this, you can expect a few years of bugs.