Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Pretty cool.

By no means a guarantee they'll make good stuff, but no reason not to wish them all the best. We can use all the competition in the industry we can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    This guy designed monk in MoP, war mode, and the Shadow Priest revamp for SL?
    I have high hopes; each of those were absolutely great additions to the game.
    is this guy the shadow priest guy for SL? if it is, then we have hope

Former Blizzard Dev studio's are a dime a dozen. Why is this news? Post when they actually bring a game to market. Not simply because they say they are existing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they should have given a second thought picking the name for their company.

I am actually excited and hope one positive from COVID is we might see more Indie game developers who can operate due to shifted costs of not having to field a conventional workspace real estate.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    To expect these people to create anything big in the next few years is a big ask.
    I'm not asking them - or any other company formed by ex-Blizzard devs in like the last 5 years - to create anything big. I'm asking them to create anything - not even launch it, just a simple announcement with a short gameplay trailer would be enough.
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2021-10-25 at 10:09 PM.

Oh, wow. Another studio. Yaaaaay... *yawn*

Call me when one of those "former Blizzard devs" studios actually release a game.

Honestly, it's almost to the point of "former Blizzard dev" becoming a meme. And in the current climate in the company, that's not exactly something you wish to be associated with, I imagine.

How many studios do we have now from ex blizz devs? And who actually cares, being a ex blizz dev right now is not a brag..

Ill be excited when I see footage of a game they are making that might be good.

Wasn't Wildstar something that came out of "ex blizzard" team? Not really interested unless they can show a promising product.

Good for them that they still have some passion left to make video games, but I'd like to actually see something coming out of them. Still waiting to see what Ben Brode is making.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    In all seriousness have any of the former Blizzard devs gone on to actually make something hugely successful? I'm just not thinking of anything off the top of my head. I just know that I used to have very high hopes for great games from these companies that form from former Blizzard alumni and I don't think I've ever actually seen a really great finished product from them. I know it sounds really negative and I don't mean for it to at all, obviously I want them to churn out some great products.
    Better question is, have any of the "former Blizz dev" studios done anything at all?

Even Ben Brode's studio (which I think is the oldest) hasn't even announced anything, let alone done a single project yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Pretty cool.

By no means a guarantee they'll make good stuff, but no reason not to wish them all the best. We can use all the competition in the industry we can get.
    yeah, thought the same.

i personally loved that video for being rather solid and simple and just a rather grounded person saying what they wanna do. in contrast to all that modern marketing typical shiny shine shit etc. this guy seemed very grounded, solid, straight and honest to me. and therefore i appreciated it much.

as quoted poster said, its no guarantee that they do great things, but that nice and simply video definitely attracted me way way more than many of that „great things coming“ super crazy marketing videos and i will keep an eye on that studio and their game. because: if i would trust in a game (when its good) and a company, or at least set my hopes on, it is definitely a studio from/with ppls like this guy.

as long as small and solid studios, with ppls like these, starting new things, as long there is hope.

hopefully some of (Ex-)Blizzards older ppls watching this video and thinking „shit, Blizzard once was a Studio like that, before becoming that greedy shit company, with all their great marketing shit, instead of making games for gamers from gamers“. yeah, success corrupts.

in short: i liked the video and that guy and i wish them the best and gladly looking forward to whatever they come up with.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-10-25 at 10:47 PM.

How about news when they actually release or even announce a game for once?
    From barely any of those, we've heard anything ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    so all in all, this guy is responsible for the legion, bfa, and shadowlands systems. throw on the fact that who knows how many of these former wow devs were part of the problem and i think this studio might be notorious for the wrong reasons...
    He is responsible for Legion systems?

Sign me up.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesock View Post
    Better question is, have any of the "former Blizz dev" studios done anything at all?

Even Ben Brode's studio (which I think is the oldest) hasn't even announced anything, let alone done a single project yet.
    Hellgate London and Wildstar are the biggest names I can think off of the top of my head.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

First of all Kaleiki was one of the worst devs in the history of WoW, maybe even the worst. Any project hes working on I'm staying far away from.

But more importantly, these "old WoW devs" need to chill out with calling themselves that. If they had even a small trace of the old Blizzard values, they wouldn't be using the name to hype up their projects. Nothing screams desperate more than the main selling point of your product being "I used to work at Blizzard". But again, since Chris Kaleiki is involved, I'm not touching it.

Good luck ... maybe one of these former Blizzard companies will eventually launch a game before we die.

"former systems and class designer on World of Warcraft" yikes ... a tough one to get hopeful about lol

At this point, being an "ex-Blizzard developer" doesn't really carry much weight and frankly hasn't since way before any Blizzard controversies. Most of these "ex-blizzard studios" don't release anything for years after their announcement if at all. When's the last time anyone heard from Frost Giant Studios, Bonfire Studios or Mike Morhaime's studio Dreamhaven (aside from comments during the recent Blizzard scandal).

Nobody should expect anything from game developers just because they used to work for Blizzard at some point in time. If they actually manage to release a game that receives good feedback, only then do they deserve any attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*