View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    So far there has been nothing remainers/rejoiners have said that could convince me, or millions of other sensible UK people, that my position on Brexit is wrong.
    Okay? People have a hard time admitting when they've been conned, we're well aware of why y'all desperately ignore reality. It's less a commentary on Brexit and more on how pathetic the psychological impulses to defend a bad decision like Brexit actually are.

Then again, you're the person posting Tesco's stock prices as if it's evidence that Brexit isn't a scam by rich people. Rofl. Imagine thinking the stocks matter at all to most people.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2021-10-26 at 12:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    At least we got pictures and made the effort, seems pretty well stocked to me. Unlike on the EU mainland....

Supply chain problems hit German supermarkets

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/s...kets-88r52l0rl

All down to Brexit? Rofl.

Well, I'd advise you to read past the headline but that would shit on your argument so I won't bother. Not even 50% of supermarkets are reporting some issues. The most problems are with electronics which they sell in supermarkets, nothing about food shortages though. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Good on ya Dribbles

Totally agree with you m8 on the positive side of things.

That german empty shelf bit really did throw a spanner in the works on here today. I was laughing so loud when i saw that post, i am sure it did not go down well haha.

all things considered, its been a really fun day around here, nice change tbh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Okay? People have a hard time admitting when they've been conned, we're well aware of why y'all desperately ignore reality. It's less a commentary on Brexit and more on how pathetic the psychological impulses to defend a bad decision like Brexit actually are.

Then again, you're the person posting Tesco's stock prices as if it's evidence that Brexit isn't a scam by rich people. Rofl. Imagine thinking the stocks matter at all to most people.
    Maybe it's cos you don't live in the UK? The vast majority of ordinary British people, through pensions at the very least, hold and care about the price of Tesco shares. Or at least they should do being they are in the top 10 biggest retailers in the world.

Thanks to Brexit, /sigh another Brexit benefit, they appear to be doing very well having discovered the holy grail of selling nothing but fresh air considering their shelves are supposedly empty if remainers are to be believed.

Up another 1% today I see, life here in the Brexit sunlit uplands is very good and we are all wealthier.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    Good on ya Dribbles

Totally agree with you m8 on the positive side of things.

That german empty shelf bit really did throw a spanner in the works on here today. I was laughing so loud when i saw that post, i am sure it did not go down well haha.

all things considered, its been a really fun day around here, nice change tbh.
    It made me click a link and read the actual source that says something entirely different. The picture is not part of the story nor reality, but don't let the facts get in your way. I am glad after all the hate and unbearable abuse you've received on this forum, finally, something could bring a bit of sunshine to your home.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's cos you don't live in the UK?
    Yeah, but neither do you.

Unless Australia is part of the UK, now. Rofl.

Also: only about a third of British people own any sort of stock, and the UK's pension fund is already a fraction of what it was and is unlikely to benefit anyone but those already retired or just about to retired. I.e. old people who are going to be dead before Brexit's full impact is realised but somehow get a say in it because reasons.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2021-10-26 at 01:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    It made me click a link and read the actual source that says something entirely different. The picture is not part of the story nor reality, but don't let the facts get in your way. I am glad after all the hate and unbearable abuse you've received on this forum, finally, something could bring a bit of sunshine to your home.
    Thank you for your concern and wishing me all that sincere sunshine, you're such a great person deep down.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Yeah, but neither do you.

Unless Australia is part of the UK, now. Rofl.

Also: only about a third of British people own any sort of stock, and the UK's pension fund is already a fraction of what it was and is unlikely to benefit anyone but those already retired or just about to retired. I.e. old people who are going to be dead before Brexit's full impact is realised but somehow get a say in it because reasons.
    Well, Dribbles have often stated being on the older side. So maybe he's an ex-pat Brit living in Australia? (Aka, an immigrant from England living in Australia).
    However, my point. If he's on the older side. Older Gen X for example. He might still be benefiting from the old pension plans in the UK. The actually good pensions that Boomers and older Gen X destroyed because it came in the way of profits.
    - Lars

Well, that's your viewpoint, here is another one you should consider.

People like yourself have gone out of your way to fester a hostile atmosphere towards people that voted for Brexit in this thread.

Yep you heard that right, remember your comment about dribbles, that he should apologize to people for voting for Brexit.

I mean how dare you, who the hell do you think you are to say such a thing.

You and your ilk have treated people that voted for Brexit with pure disdain. I can't remember the exact person, but i remember one of your entourage saying "if your family voted for brexit you should consider blacklisting them from your life and not talk to them." These are the kind of idiotic viewpoints some of you remoaners are talking up.

You're upset now because people are basically tired of your constant looking down on them and treating them like shit and have decided to call you out.

Dribbles does it his way,

The burner does it his way,

And I do it my way.

Brexiteers are not allowed to be on this thread because of the likes of you, i know of 3 people on these forums that were sick and tired of the way you and others spoke to them.

This thread has turned into a cesspool, look at yourself as one of the main culprits for that.

A lot of you guys have missed the mark, instead of wanting conversation or discussion, you went on a witch hunt, you have turned this place into an echo chamber.

That's the truth of the matter, you reap what you sow, and you did a lot of sowing.

but I bet you will have some bullshit excuse or blame it on us as you usually do.

Maybe if you had a little respect in the beginning when talking to people, we would not be in this state now.
    That's a lot of words to say "I'm not going to apologise".

You talk about respect; you show none to other posters. You talk about not being allowed on this thread, when you post here regularly. When you do come here after a long break, literally your first post is complaining and attacking other posters. What sort of environment do you think you are fostering with that approach?

But that's who you are, sadly. Even when you're proved wrong, you double down and refuse to accept it. Even when you've attacked someone for no reason, you refuse to apologise. If you want to know why this thread has such a poor atmosphere, look in the mirror.

As for you being sick of how you're treated; we're holding up that mirror to you. We're showing you the results of the Brexit you voted for, and your political idols gave you. We're not to blame for the fact that it isn't a pretty picture, but closing your eyes and screaming "I can't see anything!" doesn't change reality. And if some of my fellow posters go over the line as a result (and I'll admit some of them end up being no better than you with the childish exchange of insults) then that's partly a result of the sheer frustration of dealing with people that aren't adult enough to own the consequences of their own actions.

So, let's start a new chapter. Make the apology for the false accusations you threw at me, and we'll go from there on a more adult basis.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    That's a lot of words to say "I'm not going to apologise".

You talk about respect; you show none to other posters. You talk about not being allowed on this thread, when you post here regularly. When you do come here after a long break, literally your first post is complaining and attacking other posters. What sort of environment do you think you are fostering with that approach?

But that's who you are, sadly. Even when you're proved wrong, you double down and refuse to accept it. Even when you've attacked someone for no reason, you refuse to apologise. If you want to know why this thread has such a poor atmosphere, look in the mirror.

As for you being sick of how you're treated; we're holding up that mirror to you. We're showing you the results of the Brexit you voted for, and your political idols gave you. We're not to blame for the fact that it isn't a pretty picture, but closing your eyes and screaming "I can't see anything!" doesn't change reality. And if some of my fellow posters go over the line as a result (and I'll admit some of them end up being no better than you with the childish exchange of insults) then that's partly a result of the sheer frustration of dealing with people that aren't adult enough to own the consequences of their own actions.

So, let's start a new chapter. Make the apology for the false accusations you threw at me, and we'll go from there on a more adult basis.
    it's the truth Hueh, you are responsible for the ill-feeling on this forum, you have gone out of your way to demonize a group of people.

You tried it with me, you have done it to the others, the only person that needs to apologize is you.

As for " we are only trying to show you the effects of Brexit" haha don't give me that bullshit lol, i mean you must fucking laugh out loud to yourself when you say that.

It's a real shame you can not see it, but i have a sneaky feeling, you already know this to be true.

Everything that has happened is in response to people like you; the burners, dribbles,me these are all reactions are to you and your bullshit, and you talk about victimhood, look at you, trying to play it as your the innocent one.

And no, no new chapter, you got to be joking, after the shit you have pulled, look at you, trying to come out smelling of roses.

Reflection dude, have a real good think about how you have acted and demonized a certain group on this forum. Am i lying about that, the way you have conducted yourself?

I really hate bullies, and you my dear friend, are one of them.

you talk about respect, why the hell should i respect people after the names/insults i was called, do you want me to list all the insults, all because i wanted people to list any positive benefits of Brexit too, but no, you an co decided to insult me for it, i am meant to show you respect after you started treating me like shit. Are you fucking serious?

What exactly was i proved wrong about? From the beginning i stated that brexit is a long-term process, there will be hiccups as we unshackle ourselves from the eu, i fucking stated that but no, that's not good enough for you, you personally attacked me for my statement, try to ridicule me as i am pro uk. And you talk about fucking respect.

You basically spat in my face and now you tell me i should respect posters like you.

What a fucking joke.

Edit.. lots of spelling mistakes
    Last edited by sircaw; 2021-10-26 at 09:27 AM.

it's the truth Hueh, you are responsible for the ill-feeling on this forum, you have gone out of your way to demonize a group of people.

You tried it with me, you have done it to the others, the only person that needs to apologize is you.

As for " we are only trying to show you the effects of Brexit" haha don't give me that bullshit lol, i mean you must fucking laugh out loud to yourself when you say that.

It's a real shame you can not see it, but i have a sneaky feeling, you already know this to be true.

Everything that has happened is in response to people like you; the burners, dribbles,me these are all reactions are to you and your bullshit, and you talk about victimhood, look at you, trying to play it as your the innocent one.

And no, no new chapter, you got to be joking, after the shit you have pulled, look at you, trying to come out smelling of roses.

Reflection dude, have a real good think about how you have acted and demonized a certain group on this forum. Am i lying about that, the way you have conducted yourself?

I really hate bullies, and you my dear friend, are one of them.

you talk about respect, why the hell should i respect people after the names/insults i was called, do you want me to list all the insults, all because i wanted people to list any positive benefits of Brexit too, but no, you an co decided to insult me for it, i am meant to show you respect after you started treating me like shit. Are you fucking serious?

What exactly was i proved wrong about? From the beginning i stated that brexit is a long-term process, there will be hiccups as we unshackle ourselves from the eu, i fucking stated that but no, that's not good enough for you, you personally attacked me for my statement, try to ridicule me as i am pro uk. And you talk about fucking respect.

You basically spat in my face and now you tell me i should respect posters like you.

What a fucking joke.

Edit.. lots of spelling mistakes
    Fine, I'm done with attempting to interract with you as a human being then. You have no interest in acting in an adult way. You'll just carry on complaining about other people displaying your own character flaws in an astonishing lack of self-awareness. From now on if I do respond to you it will just be to point out the lies, inaccuracies or logical flaws in the posts you make. That should be enough to keep me busy.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

I really get some sunk cost fallacy vibes on the behalf of Pro brexit voters.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Fine, I'm done with attempting to interract with you as a human being then. You have no interest in acting in an adult way. You'll just carry on complaining about other people displaying your own character flaws in an astonishing lack of self-awareness. From now on if I do respond to you it will just be to point out the lies, inaccuracies or logical flaws in the posts you make. That should be enough to keep me busy.
    look at you, trying to interact with you as a human being nonsense, you should have thought about that before you started trying to dehumanize people in this thread that don't agree with you.

I am done with you as well, one world that really does sum you up pretty well, that word is Pretentious, it really does suit you to a Tee.

In the future try and listen to what people say, instead of bulling them when they don't agree with you.

A human being, you don't know the word.

If only I owned a giant cross online store.

Though I doubt these three could find a driver to finish the shipping.
    Last edited by unfilteredJW; 2021-10-26 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Milldtw View Post
    -Snippy Snip Snip-
    Well, maybe you should work from your main account, and stop breaking the forum rules.

I get that you want to pretend to be a victim, but the fault seems to lie with you. Take some personal responsibility, and stop blaming others for the choices you make in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Milldtw View Post
    -More Snip-
    Creating multiple accounts is against the forum rules... looks like you got caught lying.

You have a main account, this is clearly not it. So, go back to that one, and use it. Do you even remember the username?

Our resident Brexit burner has gone overboard on the projection today. Scary to see.

Still very amusing though. I wonder what he actually thinks he's achieving with his posts? He isn't effectively trolling. He isn't persuasive in any way. He just comes across as sad. And lonely. Almost certainly very, very lonely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't seen empty shelves over here since March 2020. Back then it was just toilet paper and chips. Maybe if I go around closing time they could be more empty but they keep on refilling continously. It's absolutely not like the UK where Tesco has printed cardboard of the product that is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I'm going to ignore the rest of your drivel, but what logic are you on about?

Did I miss the millenial only global vote on whether we want a worldwide pandemic or not?

Cuz I sure as shit didn't vote for it.

On the other hand boomers have spent 50 years consistently voting for terrible shit.
    It is not like they had many choices to vote for. You just have to realize it was different times and different goals at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    It is not like they had many choices to vote for. You just have to realize it was different times and different goals at the time.
    Ofcourse they had, for instance, in 1977 the Dutch could choose between more than 18 parties, including communists, social democrats, Christian democrats, liberals and a pacifist party.