Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shin0mura View Post
    so if Priests become paladins by taking the Light into themselves and becoming a vessel of that power source, then night Elves taking in Elune 's power (the source of their power to be Priests ) as the Night Warrior cant be the path to introduce paladins to night elves?
    i mean I understand the Night Warrior is completely seperate from the paladin class atm.
    But as a potential catalyst to introduce them

you Reply as if I said the night warrior = a paladin and that's not what i said. I said as a way to introduce based on the concept of the Night warrior and how you become one, and the implications of it
    Paladins are not made by Priests taking in Light. They are, commonly, Priests trained in the art of war or Warrior trained in the ways of divinity.

The Night Warrior ritual has nothing to do with Paladinism. We already have a Night elf Paladin in the class order hall that was previously a Priest. She didn't go through a ritual or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Legion ruined paladins for me
    They were supposed to be this knight imbued with holy light. Other races having similar but diferent concept at the core like Blood Knights and Sunwalkers

But nope. Everyone is now following the light like Humans and dwarves.
    Even the priestess of Elune yells "For the Light"
    Pretty sure Bloodknights got defanged into 'normal' paladins after the end of TBC, like the rest of the blood elves.

i Was thinking about how the traditional way paladins were created on Azeroth.
    Priests were those who would "channel " or "call upon the Light" to use it to heal and whatever they needed.
    Paladins took the Light into themselves and in order to use that Light to damage their enemies.

now....the order of the Priestesses of the Moon of Elune for the night elves. If they function the same way as priests by "channeling" or "calling upon Elune" to function in that calling...... could the aspect of becoming a "Night Warrior" by infusing themselves with Elune's wrath function the same as infusing oneself with the Light?

for game play purposes, couldn't this explain how night elves could become Paladins?

Granted becoming a Night Warrior currently is bad for the body and the mind, but i think it's an interesting proposition of the night Warrior ritual became more streamlined.
    If Nelf pallys were a thing, blizz would just make them look like every other paladin because they are too lazy to make race-class combos lore accurate

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Pretty sure Night elf paladins can already exist by giving any priestess of elune armor and a sword as Legion showed
    Same way druids can exist now if they come from a race that just kinda sorta like nature

There's literally already an in-game Night Elf Paladin in the Legion Order Hall. Night Warrior isn't needed, nothing is. It's already there. Blizzard has simply chosen not to give it to players. Same as undead paladins.

3+ Year Old Account
    I'm still sure that the WC3 Priestesses of the Moon are literally paladins with bow instead of sword/hammer
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Possible? For sure, yeah.

Probable? That's another question entirely.

The Night Warrior itself is rather nebulous in its powers and everything. However, the night warrior powers are white/silver-ish in color, at least those displayed by the only night warrior we know: Tyrande. And since they fit the Elune/moon theme, I think it's a fair assumption to make that those are the color scheme of the night warrior powers as a whole.

The paladin's color scheme for their powers is yellow and golden. So to make the night warrior the "paladin" for the night elves, I imagine the class' ability colors would have to be changed from yellow/gold to white/silver, which would make the night warrior fall into "class skin" territory more than just "paladin" for the night elves.

It's possible, yeah. Probable? Unfortunately, I don't think so, as I don't think class skins are something that is going to happen. At least, not anytime soon, IMO.

Only if they make night elf pallies light based attacks look like moon stuff. Just a visual thing, no arcane damage or anything, just visuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I'm still sure that the WC3 Priestesses of the Moon are literally paladins with bow instead of sword/hammer
    They aren't.
    They are rangers.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    They aren't.
    They are rangers.
    rangers with light powers?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    rangers with light powers?
    They haven't had any light powers in WC3.

The way the "light" has always been portrayed is akin to sunlight... not MOON light. Bright yellow and golden. Elunes light is always shown as blue/white/purple. Even in shadowlands where the light is invading its yellow/gold. Xe'ra, the "Light Mother" is gold. Think about it like a main faction and a splinter/sub faction.

"The Light" would be the main entity, Elunes light a smaller sub faction. Think about reality, Moon light is the suns light reflecting off the moon, making the Sun the main source of that light still. The Nelf in game that became a paladin had to move past elune and embrace THE Light to become a paladin.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    The way the "light" has always been portrayed is akin to sunlight... not MOON light. Bright yellow and golden. Elunes light is always shown as blue/white/purple. Even in shadowlands where the light is invading its yellow/gold. Xe'ra, the "Light Mother" is gold. Think about it like a main faction and a splinter/sub faction.

"The Light" would be the main entity, Elunes light a smaller sub faction. Think about reality, Moon light is the suns light reflecting off the moon, making the Sun the main source of that light still. The Nelf in game that became a paladin had to move past elune and embrace THE Light to become a paladin.
    yup, like Starfall, and generic light-based healing powers that if the priestesses have them, the priestesses of the moon definitely have too

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qaletaqa View Post
    There's literally already an in-game Night Elf Paladin in the Legion Order Hall. Night Warrior isn't needed, nothing is. It's already there. Blizzard has simply chosen not to give it to players. Same as undead paladins.
    And hopefully it will simply never happen.

What they should od is revert some of those absurd changes. Class/race combos should be nearly asl imited as they were back in Vanilla. I don´t say as much, but nearly.

to the best of our knowledge, Elune created Xe'ra. How can she do that, if she is is only a reflection of that "true" golden light.

Quote Originally Posted by Loreth88 View Post
    to the best of our knowledge, Elune created Xe'ra. How can she do that, if she is is only a reflection of that "true" golden light.
    To our knowledge it is all a pile of poop based on Khadgar’s assumptions and religious beliefs. So far Elune seems to be weaker then most Loa, let alone Naaru.

3+ Year Old Account
    i Was thinking about how the traditional way paladins were created on Azeroth.
    Priests were those who would "channel " or "call upon the Light" to use it to heal and whatever they needed.
    Paladins took the Light into themselves and in order to use that Light to damage their enemies.

now....the order of the Priestesses of the Moon of Elune for the night elves. If they function the same way as priests by "channeling" or "calling upon Elune" to function in that calling...... could the aspect of becoming a "Night Warrior" by infusing themselves with Elune's wrath function the same as infusing oneself with the Light?

for game play purposes, couldn't this explain how night elves could become Paladins?

Granted becoming a Night Warrior currently is bad for the body and the mind, but i think it's an interesting proposition of the night Warrior ritual became more streamlined.

So basically what you are saying is let's fuck up the lore and what ever dignity this game has left just to make you paladin wannabes happy? The same you did for fucking death knights (still pissed about that)

Yea, huge fucking NO. You have plenty of elf pally combo choices, you don't need another one that makes no sense. And ffs stop changing lore to suit your needs. We have a big enough issue with Blizzard doing that.
    Last edited by PsychoSe7eN; 2021-11-24 at 12:47 PM.

They could, and if they do while they might have the same skills for balance as pallies they should be more moon-themed, and use the gray/white glow vs the yellow of light, and matching names Elune Sheild vs holy shield for example. This gives more options but keeps the classes distinct between the races
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Is this actually true in WoW though? The moonlight being the reflected light of the sun?