10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by msavcenko813 View Post
    How soon do you think the second wave of the pandemic will begin, and if at all?
    Most of Europe, and the US are waiting not for second but for fourth wave now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    lol... superior genes? that's not how that works...
    I'm sure that morbidly obese 40 year old riding on a mobility scooter with an oxygen tank, slurping down a 3 liter coke while stuffing their face with cheese puffs is the peak of biological supremacy.

Ladies and gents line up quickly to get a chance at this fine biological specimen. No, seriously, go to him and line up. Because his scooter is dangerously low on battery and he's not getting very far without a replacement/recharge.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm sure that morbidly obese 40 year old riding on a mobility scooter with an oxygen tank, slurping down a 3 liter coke while stuffing their face with cheese puffs is the peak of biological supremacy.

Ladies and gents line up quickly to get a chance at this fine biological specimen. No, seriously, go to him and line up. Because his scooter is dangerously low on battery and he's not getting very far without a replacement/recharge.
    I wonder sometimes how much community health is a factor in determining Covid hospitalization and death. San Jose and San Francisco rank #1 and #2 in term of life expectancy for US 25 largest cities. In 2020 the gap was pretty large - Detroit (10 years), Washington D.C. (5 years), Forth Worth & Dallas (5 years), Austin (3 years), Philadelphia (7 years), Houston (4 years), Chicago (5 years), etc. If you include all the cities, they still ranked #2 and #3 behind Naples, Fl. However, Naples is basically a rich people mecca. Their canals are lined with millionaires and billionaires vacation homes. Once you remove the cruise ships tourists, its population is only 23k vs. San Jose (1M) and San Francisco (873k). A lot easier to manage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    I wonder sometimes how much community health is a factor in determining Covid hospitalization and death. San Jose and San Francisco rank #1 and #2 in term of life expectancy for US 25 largest cities. In 2020 the gap was pretty large - Detroit (10 years), Washington D.C. (5 years), Forth Worth & Dallas (5 years), Austin (3 years), Philadelphia (7 years), Houston (4 years), Chicago (5 years), etc. If you include all the cities, they still ranked #2 and #3 behind Naples, Fl. However, Naples is basically a rich people mecca. Their canals are lined with millionaires and billionaires vacation homes. Once you remove the cruise ships tourists, its population is only 23k vs. San Jose (1M) and San Francisco (873k). A lot easier to manage.
    A lot. IIRC most data shows that it hits poorer areas harder - mixture of more comorbidities, less access to health care, and more likely to be working frontline jobs. So I don't know how much we can attribute to that, but community health definitely plays a role given the significance of comorbidities on severe/fatal cases.

says the vaccine can kill you because it messes your heart up...
    Considering he already has an arrhythmia, which is an irregular heartbeat, his heart is already messed up.

there is a man in his 50s living in the same building as me... he has type 1 diabetes and something called arrhythmia i think and medicates for it... he has a chronic cough from his smoking that is so bad he has fainted from the coughing a few times that i have seen... probably fainted more than those times i have seen it happen...

this man tells everyone he'll survive if he gets covid and the vaccine is more dangerous than covid... says the vaccine can kill you because it messes your heart up...
    The antivaxxers concept of "no underlying comorbidities" is unconventional to say the least.

- - - Updated - - -

FDA panel greenlights vaccines for kids, kicking off authorization process

This should be good news to some San Francisco parents. Around 10% of children between 5 - 11 in San Francisco are not in school yet because their parents are concerned that they may get Covid. The majority is from the communal housing in Chinatown. So this should alleviate their concerns.

The antivaxxers concept of "no underlying comorbidities" is unconventional to say the least.

- - - Updated - - -

FDA panel greenlights vaccines for kids, kicking off authorization process

This should be good news to some San Francisco parents. Around 10% of children between 5 - 11 in San Francisco are not in school yet because their parents are concerned that they may get Covid. The majority is from the communal housing in Chinatown. So this should alleviate their concerns.
    Excellent, it'll be time for a proper test, then! I'll see if my 5G increases when the local schoolbus stops by my house each day.

Great shit though, add that to the dozens of other safe vaccines children have and continue to regularly receive to protect them from avoidable illnesses as they grow.

Will COVID be gone in 2022?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/white-...th-count-worse

Deborah Birx, the former Trump White House coronavirus response coordinator, said that the United States could have reduced COVID-related deaths by 30 to 40 percent if Trump officials had been less fixated on the election and more focused no following recommendations. In closed-door testimony earlier this month, Birx told congressional investigators that Trump had been “distracted by the election” which contributed to the crushing number of deaths that plagued the end of his term. “I felt like the White House had gotten somewhat complacent through the campaign season,” she said.

In newly-released excerpts from her testimony to the House select subcommittee on the pandemic on Oct. 12 and 13, Birx said that more than 130,000 American lives could have been spared with “fully implemented” mask mandates, testing and social distancing. “We probably could have decreased fatalities into the 30-percent less, to 40-percent less range,” Birx said. She also directly slammed former White House adviser Scott Atlas for pushing “dangerous” theories about “herd immunity.”
    Cool, so Trump and the Death Cult are responsible for upwards of 130,000 unnecessary deaths because they were too focused on their own political goals and conspiracy theories to actually battle a pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    Will COVID be gone in 2022?
    No. However, we should be able to get it down to the level of an average flu season.

I posted earlier than Delta mortality rate for the Bay Area is only around two-third of the typical flu season. For San Francisco it is around 60%. For Marin and San Mateo, only around one-third.

One common element shared by all of the counties with low Delta hospitalization and mortality rates - high vaccination rate.

One common element shared by all of the counties with high Delta hospitalization and mortality rates - crappy vaccination rate.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2021-10-26 at 10:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. However, we should be able to get it down to the level of an average flu season.
    Probably below that. The COVID vaccine is far better than the flu vaccines we've used forever, in pretty much every respect.

Actually, flu deaths should go down, too.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    1. st november is gona be a spike hell. Unless they ban people from going to visit the graves.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by msavcenko813 View Post
    How soon do you think the second wave of the pandemic will begin, and if at all?
    Second wave came and went, we are on number 4, if not 5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Winter will definitely be another wave, that's nobrainer with everyone sneezing and wheezing everywhere.

Get your flu shots too, last thing anyone needs is flu on top of all this shit.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/10/sc...tion-research/

And to head off another Fauci conspiracy - no the NIH didn't fund gain of function research with the coronavirus.

Don't listen to the Death Cult as they continue to try to slander a guy who's spent the past few years just trying to do his fucking job and keep people safe while being the target of death threats and harassment.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Probably below that. The COVID vaccine is far better than the flu vaccines we've used forever, in pretty much every respect.

I read "A Shot to Save the World: The Inside Story of the Life-or-Death Race for a COVID-19 Vaccine" over the weekend. It is absolutely crazy on how close we were to not having the mRNA vaccines if it wasn't for a couple of very determined people (Sahin at BioNTEch and Bancel at Moderna). Good reading. Correction, very good reading.

Bizzaro world story.

Montana's attorney general went rogue and sent a state trooper into a hospital after doctors refused to give a COVID-19 patient ivermectin, official says
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2021-10-27 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post

I thought flu was eradicated, oh well.
    Also, isnt flu vaxx worse because its a vaccine against the old (last year's) flu and not the new flu (this year's).

The NIH has said they do not qualify under its criteria
    is it current or previous criteria?
    then
    https://web.archive.org/web/20211019...emic-pathogens
    now
    https://www.nih.gov/news-events/rese...emic-pathogens
    Last edited by Demasiados; 2021-10-27 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demasiados View Post
    Were you trying to make an actual point here? Or are we still signal boosting vague misinformation campaigns because that's cool and hip?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Were you trying to make an actual point here? Or are we still signal boosting vague misinformation campaigns because that's cool and hip?
    Not sure if by "still" you mean my posts up until now or this particular subject possibly having been discussed since a week ago (havent checked).
    Smite away as you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Demasiados View Post
    Not sure if by "still" you mean my posts up until now or this particular subject possibly having been discussed since a week ago (havent checked).
    Smite away as you like.
    So no point, just more misinformation. Gotcha, at least you don't try to pretend otherwise.