Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The comedy writes itself.

Damage control, Blizzard style.

5+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up Good Decision

Quote Originally Posted by Lumy View Post
    BlizzConline 2022 Event Cancelled - Reimagining Future BlizzCons
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    To the Blizzard community,

We’ve decided to take a step back and pause on planning the previously announced BlizzConline event scheduled for early next year. This was a tough decision for all of us to make, but it’s the right one.

Any BlizzCon event takes every single one of us to make happen, an entire-company effort, fueled by our desire to share what we create with the community we care about so much. At this time, we feel the energy it would take to put on a show like this is best directed towards supporting our teams and progressing development of our games and experiences.

Additionally, we would also like to take the time to reimagine what a BlizzCon event of the future could look like. The first BlizzCon was held 16 years ago, and so much has changed in the time since—most notably, the multiple ways in which players and communities can come together and feel like they are a part of something bigger. Whatever the event looks like in the future, we also need to ensure that it feels as safe, welcoming, and inclusive as possible. We’re committed to continual communication with our players, and we see BlizzCon playing a big role in that going forward. We’re excited about what we’ll do with the event when we revisit it in the future.

One more thing we wanted to make clear: even though we aren’t holding BlizzConline in February, we’ll still be making announcements and updates for our games. We’re proud of our teams and the progress they’ve made across our games. We have a lot of exciting upcoming news and releases to share with you.You’ll continue hearing about those through our franchise channels, with the talented people on the BlizzCon team playing a part in supporting these efforts.

We’ll miss seeing you, but don’t worry. We’ll be back together soon.
    I am not a fan of Blizzard or Acti-something. I just play their games, cause they are fun to play.
    That said, I think its a good decision to cancel a large online event if you don't have an entire staff of the company with their noses in the same direction.

And also very good to announce they still are gonna update their games and give us the future of each game. Can't wait to hear about 9.2 / 9.3 / 10.0 (which ever they will give us). For me its more important to have game updates which we actually pay for then an event which I do not attend and then read everything the next day. Sorry for those who really looked forward to it though. XOXO

Curious how they will bring the future BlizzCon. Think it will be 2023 earliest.
    Anyway, back to my afterlife in Ardenweald. Cya

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Blizzconline is just a livestream.
    well, technicaly yeah, in the same way that Super bowl is "just" a match in american football...

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    90% sure there will never be another Blizzcon.
    yeah some number cruncher is going to have a field day pointing out how many resources they saved by not holding an event and how it wasn't all that profitable anyways, someone will come up with an idea to tie the virtual ticket to something else and that'll be that.

I would bet some PR consulting firm told them to cancel as it would be in poor taste given the allegations against them.

Probably coupled with a lack of updates on their main titles and nothing new to announce but mobile projects which historically receive a very poor reception with the playerbase.

Kind of makes sense for them to cancel. The real question is if it will ever be a thing again.

"We would also like to take the time to reimagine what a BlizzCon event of the future could look like" is them canceling BlizzCon permanently even if they don't got the guts to spell it out.

lol jesus christ

they have nothing to advertise

no new games and everything seems to be in dev hell

the bell tolls for thee, don't @ me

A BlizzCon without a Cosby Suite is not a BlizzCon worth having.

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    Damage control, Blizzard style.
    Let's do damage control by damaging ourselves!

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Which... does not explicitly say they have announcements in feburary. Outside of 10.0, theres nothing terribly exciting. Wow, ANOTHER hearthstone expansion
    Could also be looking at an OW2 release date or something. Pretty substantial rumor for awhile has been that the overall game is done but rebalancing old heroes has been holding back.

In other words: they have jackshit to announce.
    At least that was the reason last time a Blizzcon was cancelled.

I don't think it's because of the bad PR, simply because Blizzconline is much more easier to control than an event with a attending audience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sad news but it is understandable with the current situation of many.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit84 View Post
    A BlizzCon without a Cosby Suite is not a BlizzCon worth having.
    CosbySuiteCon 2022!

15+ Year Old Account
    It honestly really only makes sense to do this kind of event if they have a bunch of simultaneous announcements for all their IPs, and I doubt that's the case.

I'd rather they just put out developer update videos or trailers for content when warranted.

Maybe they should develop a new game....just saying

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Which... does not explicitly say they have announcements in feburary. Outside of 10.0, theres nothing terribly exciting. Wow, ANOTHER hearthstone expansion
    Also the themes and making fun of the themes.. is just making it.. idk it even more childish. Hell it could be about the inside of kael'thas wardrobe.. it's getting rediculous at this point.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah sorry, it all seems Blizzard will not release 9.2 until FFXIV releases their full massive new xpack and first mayor patch and their version of .5 patches... Blizzcon sucked the last few times anyway WoW needed its own official con like FFXIV got multi cons all over the world that is all about FFXIV and none of the other games.

So translation: they have nothing to show and not enough people forgot about the cosby crew to try and do a "sowwy we did a fuky wuky" speech in front of a rainbow blizzard logo flag and brush it all under the rug yet.

Nothing to announce

OMEGALUL