Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I bet the first raid will have a positive integer number of boss encounters!
    There will be a dungeon in every questing zone.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I am surprised that the devs haven't apologized for the lack of updates this year. Even though public apologies aren't huge in the west these days you think this year of all years they could do a public apology and maybe a free month of gametime.

Them not talking/whining/joking on social media is a step in the right direction (except for the dev who said to shut up when asked for more content instead of the protest) but still. Remember when Pyro(?) was taken off the forums entirely because of how snarky he was during BFA, as well as the last CM?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Towelliee knows his vague statements will be mistaken for insider information by his fans. Like always.
    I mean if I say "I can't say anything but 10.0 is gonna be wild" everyone would call it speculation. People trust his vague statements because we know he has sources, hell he streams with some of the devs sometimes.

But vague statements are vague. There's a dozen ways you can read "very different" and no matter what after the fact some people will say what we got was what he meant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I am surprised that the devs haven't apologized for the lack of updates this year. Even though public apologies aren't huge in the west these days you think this year of all years they could do a public apology and maybe a free month of gametime.

Them not talking/whining/joking on social media is a step in the right direction (except for the dev who said to shut up when asked for more content instead of the protest) but still. Remember when Pyro(?) was taken off the forums entirely because of how snarky he was during BFA, as well as the last CM?
    Hell forget an apology they aren't even admitting there's a problem still.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Free gametime is an absolute last minute resort the devs do when there is literally nothing else they could realistically throw at the players to make them content. BfA only resorted to doing that once they had already given 100% rep gains on everything, as well as changed Timewalking slightly.
    9.1.5 is coming next week, and while it doesnt have content, it is definitely something that will give players that extra tiny burst of energy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    To arrive to an apology it would need the identification of a problem.
    WoWs main content release is fomos for more then 5 years now (Raids, Season, Timewalking etc.) and new fomo is right around the cornor

- - - Updated - - -

What did he say about 10.0, i missed it
    He said basically "All I can say is the next expansion is going to be very different." This was last week sometime.

7+ Year Old Account
    He said, and i quote (roughly), "it will be very different".

Which means absolutely nothing.

Formerly known as Arafal

"10.0 will be very different"
    Might not have been exactly what he said, but it really was nothing more than that 10.0 would be different from what we have now. Not in what way or even which part of the expansion specifically, just that it would be vaguely different in nebulous ways that would certainly make sense to someone willing to take him as a prophet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    "10.0 will be very different"
    Might not have been exactly what he said, but it really was nothing more than that 10.0 would be different from what we have now. Not in what way or even which part of the expansion specifically, just that it would be vaguely different in nebulous ways that would certainly make sense to someone willing to take him as a prophet.
    Yeah it's one of those TV Psychics. "He may have information but it's so vague that no matter what he'll come back later and say that's what he meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Hell forget an apology they aren't even admitting there's a problem still.
    I think they publicly said somewhere that they were not happy with the update cadence? That's the closest thing a modern company can say besides an outright apology.

Also I would say a world revamp fits into the "very different" category, or at least shuts up the idea that its Lightlands/Lifelands/Shadowlands 2.

Would he have said Shadowlands was going to be very different than BFA? there's your answer

Quote Originally Posted by Azxza View Post
    Would he have said Shadowlands was going to be very different than BFA? there's your answer
    Yeah, and it is? Aside from focusing on similar main characters its about as different as can be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they publicly said somewhere that they were not happy with the update cadence? That's the closest thing a modern company can say besides an outright apology.

Also I would say a world revamp fits into the "very different" category, or at least shuts up the idea that its Lightlands/Lifelands/Shadowlands 2.
    I mean here's the thing. It doesn't shut them up. Because "very different" doesn't necessarily mean thematically.

We could get no Borrowed Power system, or a talent revamp, or a major unprune. Those would all make the game very different even if it is Shadowlands 2.

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-11-12 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Removed Meme Image

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean here's the thing. It doesn't shut them up. Because "very different" doesn't necessarily mean thematically.
    90% of the complaining about Shadowlands has been the theme though. People fucking hate it and won't shut up about how much they miss the pig farms and dinosaurs they thought they hated.

That 10% of people angry about lack of features is true though and it has been there since announcement. People called SL filler and checked out at Blizzcon.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2021-10-26 at 08:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    90% of the complaining about Shadowlands has been the theme though. People fucking hate it and won't shut up about how much they miss the pig farms and dinosaurs they thought they hated.

That 10% of people angry about lack of features is true though and it has been there since announcement. People called SL filler and checked out at Blizzcon.
    True, but if it was SL2 and just no borrowed power, Towelliee would absolutely eat claim the W there.

I for one put no stock in what he says because of that. I treat it like Ion promising something, it's just dev speak to me. He's not gonna be like "yeah 10.0 is more of the same, sorry guys."
    Last edited by Slowpoke is a Gamer; 2021-10-26 at 08:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

No, I've seen more people complain about gameplay "Timegating" and other system stuff. The theme is like in last place of things to complain about around here. Now there might be at least one person consistent about the story and their groanings but thats very very low.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-10-26 at 08:31 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No, I've seen more people complain about gameplay "Timegating" and other system stuff. The theme is like in last place of things to complain about around here.
    This forum is representative of the aging population of WoW, not the entirety of it (which is something that people are in huge denial about: people cannot stand the idea that younger people play or care about wow). Lots of casual fans primarily don't like the afterlife theme and story and don't even know about the "systems" they are complaining about.

From what I've seen theme is the least of the criticism towards shadowlands. Pretty much the last thing. People are usually angry about the systems overload, the progression, the anti-alt design, the lack of QoL features until a year into the expansion, the gimmick activities like torghast/the maw, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

This forum is representative of the aging population of WoW, not the entirety of it (which is something that people are in huge denial about: people cannot stand the idea that younger people play or care about wow). Lots of casual fans primarily don't like the afterlife theme and story and don't even know about the "systems" they are complaining about.
    WoW's playerbase skews very old. I think you are in huge denial and possibly living in another reality if you think zoomers are playing WoW and not Fortnite, LoL, Minecraft, GTAV, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    So how long until Blizzard plans the Emergency PR Rebrand?

Yes I did just see the Facebook news.

Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    snip
    I can't believe someone casually dropped a Nina Bonina Brown ref in this thread haha

Here, have a cookie.